Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Autism

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Special Needs & Learning Difficulties
    7.9k Posts 414 Posters 2.2m Views 3 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      Summer tan
      last edited by

      ImMeeMee:
      Summer tan:



      Double E and ImMeeMee

      It's the decision of the teacher, the OT seems helpless. Apparently the teacher said to help my child with the behavioral issue first before they deal with his social interaction issue. For how long? She said till he understands how to behave and manage his anger before he is being put back in the group. They do try to include about 1-2 group activities throughout the whole 3 hours.

      Well of cos as a mother or any mum would be upset. But if that's the way to help him I really don't mind. Currently I'm really at a loss or even lose the judgement to see which method is fair/unfair/good/bad for my child. Maybe because I've faced too many rejections and strange looks from many parents. Who says parents of special needs children are not aware and forgiving? In fact I feel they r more protective. At least the one I saw at the eipic centre is like that, where my son's presence seems to be disturbing her.

      summertan, if the teachers are clear on what they are doing and what they are striving towards that direction, then maybe no harm letting the professionals take the approach and see what happens.

      Sigh, there are also some problems arising at my EIPIC center. So now keeping a tab. But it does add anxiety and insecurity when such things happen.

      :sad:

      Yup now just taking a step at a time.

      What happened to ur eipic centre?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • S Offline
        Summer tan
        last edited by

        ImMeeMee:
        braverymom:

        Immeemee,


        First boy P1, not my son, but I help to communicate with the school teacher and do SEL with him. Second one is my son, k1, 3rd is also my son, NT, 2 yrs old.

        braverymom, very brave to have an ASD child under your care when you are already handling one.

        :salute:

        I second that.

        It must have been tough on you. Now I think your nick really shows that. You are not just brave but great too!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • B Offline
          braverymom
          last edited by

          Double E, Immeemee ,


          Thanks for praising. This kind of encouraging is what we need to make us move on and believe it is a right choice to do. I got discouraging at times.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            braverymom
            last edited by

            Thanks summer, that is why I chosen this nick.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              braverymom
              last edited by

              Summer, is your child attending private epic center? How many children are in the group session?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                Summer tan
                last edited by

                braverymom:
                Summer, is your child attending private epic center? How many children are in the group session?

                Hi braverymum

                Yes it's private. There are about 5 kids in the group but all with different issues.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • B Offline
                  braverymom
                  last edited by

                  Summer tan:
                  braverymom:

                  Summer, is your child attending private epic center? How many children are in the group session?


                  Hi braverymum

                  Yes it's private. There are about 5 kids in the group but all with different issues.

                  If you are very sure of the diagnosis of your child is ASD, go to epic center that focus on ASD. The lesson they cater to your child will be more suitable, and parents will be more understanding. Other special needs child might not be having similar problem, can understand why the other parent not able to accommodate. They don't understand. šŸ™‚ my personal experience and thoughts. Hope it help.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • N Offline
                    nugget
                    last edited by

                    ImMeeMee:
                    nugget


                    what is SK clinic? I got my appointment through CDU but the assessment was done at HPB.
                    ImMeeMee,

                    Its the KKH Clinic but its located at Seng Kang. Its one of their satellite clinic for IQ test.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • N Offline
                      nugget
                      last edited by

                      braverymom:
                      nugget:

                      [quote=\"braverymom\"]Yup! I am currently dealing with 2 ASD and 1 NT boys. All active. It is very frustrating at times, but with the help from people around me, especially husband, that make life easier. In fact my NT boy is more difficult to deal with.


                      Braverymom,

                      Can I ask how old are your boys? Like you I have 3 kids. My eldest is diagnose with HF ASD @3.5 years old. My #2 is okay. My #3 who is coming to 1, I am monitoring closely. When did u discover your 2nd ASD show symptoms? My #3 is not even 1, I really can't tell if he has ASD or not. So far he is reaching all his milestones.

                      If no delay, should be ok I guess. There is 1 sign that you may want to look into. If he crawl first before sitting up at 6-7mths. Hardly have cooing sound. Then again, every child is different. you are already experienced mom, trust your intuition and relax.[/quote]Braverymom,

                      Thank you for sharing. I also trying hard to relax. So far I think he is okay. But can't help but wonder if my #3 is okay or not. I will keep monitoring. I agree we always must trust our intuition šŸ™‚

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • N Offline
                        nugget
                        last edited by

                        Summer tan:
                        ImMeeMee:

                        [quote=\"braverymom\"]Immeemee,


                        First boy P1, not my son, but I help to communicate with the school teacher and do SEL with him. Second one is my son, k1, 3rd is also my son, NT, 2 yrs old.

                        braverymom, very brave to have an ASD child under your care when you are already handling one.

                        :salute:

                        I second that.

                        It must have been tough on you. Now I think your nick really shows that. You are not just brave but great too![/quote]I third that šŸ™‚

                        That's very noble of you.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 416
                        • 417
                        • 418
                        • 419
                        • 420
                        • 793
                        • 794
                        • 418 / 794
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy