All About Autism
-
Couragemom:
CouragemomHi parents,
Recently was reading a book and come across this sentence ' birth is life's first lottery ticket'. It gives me food for thought as I feel that although our darlings come to us with 'special condition' but at the very least life had dealt them a good lottery ticket - US! Parents like us who acknowledge their 'problems', who read up and work with them and support them with our love! Salute to all the hardworking parents in this thread!
At some point in time when you start to find that your child's special needs become part of the family's baseline, and that things start to normalize after that, you may realize during certain times that life can be quite beautiful despite the challenges that we constantly face. Its a gift that I find both peculiar and precious.
Cheers. -
ImMeeMee:
Hi ImMeeMee,
CouragemomCouragemom:
Hi parents,
Recently was reading a book and come across this sentence ' birth is life's first lottery ticket'. It gives me food for thought as I feel that although our darlings come to us with 'special condition' but at the very least life had dealt them a good lottery ticket - US! Parents like us who acknowledge their 'problems', who read up and work with them and support them with our love! Salute to all the hardworking parents in this thread!
At some point in time when you start to find that your child's special needs become part of the family's baseline, and that things start to normalize after that, you may realize during certain times that life can be quite beautiful despite the challenges that we constantly face. Its a gift that I find both peculiar and precious.
Cheers.
I know exactly what you are saying! I hope I can reach that stage soon and accept whatever diagnosis my son will be given eventually! -
If the child do well at Pathlight -
they can recommend the child to go mainstream school.
Bukit Timah primary (Mainstream school) supportive of autistic children
http://www.spd.org.sg/clientstories/austinyong.html -
http://stayhomedadandson.blogspot.sg/20 ... t.html?m=1
Interesting blog -
Hi parents,
School term has restarted! Hope every one of our darlings can settle down to their school routine soon! -
Hi Parents,
Today in Straits Times there is a full-page advertisement of ‘The Phenomenon’, an artist who can draw any city landscape completely from memory after seeing it for an instant. He was diagnosed as autistic at 5 years old. Look at him now! An internationally acclaimed artist! -
Is it true that if #2 is a boy then higher chances of it being asd?
-
Hi ymeynow,
The chances of having a 2nd child who is autistic is higher only if your 1st child is autistic as well. It doesn’t matter if the 2nd child is a boy or a girl. -
Couragemom:
Thanks couragemom.Hi ymeynow,
The chances of having a 2nd child who is autistic is higher only if your 1st child is autistic as well. It doesn't matter if the 2nd child is a boy or a girl.
Yes my #1 is asd and now #2 which is on the way is a boy. So I'm very x1million times worried. -
ymeynow:
Your worries can pass on to your #2. Remember tai jiao.
Thanks couragemom.Couragemom:
Hi ymeynow,
The chances of having a 2nd child who is autistic is higher only if your 1st child is autistic as well. It doesn't matter if the 2nd child is a boy or a girl.
Yes my #1 is asd and now #2 which is on the way is a boy. So I'm very x1million times worried.
So don't be worried. Just stay positive. Everything is 50-50. Either you get a girl or you get a boy, either you get asd or non asd.
Luckily I only got the assessment after I delivered. So I get a happy second born and now the 2 kids play imaginary play together. So funny when I see them together. I deliberately leave them alone to their own devices and although it's my #2 who decides what to play, my #1 will happily play along.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login