Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Manuka Honey

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Health
    461 Posts 119 Posters 465.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • P Offline
      peggy
      last edited by

      hi ! my son has sinus and also eczema problem. Can he take manuka ?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • FunzF Offline
        Funz
        last edited by

        janet_lee88:
        Bowie:

        Hi,


        May i know where u gals buy the Manuka? Which brand? And is it good for pregnant lady?

        I get this brand HNZ inside Giant IMM. As for pregnant ladies, I'm not too sure.

        Normally I get 1kg UMF 15. For UMF 10 1kg, it's about $79 or something like that.

        Nature Farm having offer now think it's 30% for 2 bottles or something like that. Just bought some 2 days ago.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • FunzF Offline
          Funz
          last edited by

          peggy:
          hi ! my son has sinus and also eczema problem. Can he take manuka ?

          Is he 2yrs and above? If yes, do a small sample (a drop or 2) to make sure that he does not have any allergies towards honey.

          Honey is not recommended for young kids as it is afterall raw food.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            jen18j
            last edited by

            Will manuka honey causes phlegm?

            My daughter has sinus problem and very prone to having phlegm
            Pls advise. Tks!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              jen18j:
              Will manuka honey causes phlegm?

              My daughter has sinus problem and very prone to having phlegm
              Pls advise. Tks!
              The sales promoter told me that Manuka should actually clear phlegm.
              I was quite concerned if Manuka is 'heaty' but she said it can help to prevent sore throat and sinus.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                S-H
                last edited by

                Hi,


                I just bought a bottle of manuka honey UMF12+ for my kids. Just wandering whether UMF12+ is suitable for my kids at age of 8 and 12? Also, I’ve heard that metal and plastic spoon cannot be used to scoop the honey but only ceramic spoon, is it true? Thanks.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • F Offline
                  favianboy
                  last edited by

                  Hi all

                  Anyone interested in mass order of Manuka Honey. I know of one supplier that sell 1 bottle of 1kg at $56.
                  The condition: Every order must be 1 dozen (12 bottles)


                  http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxGWy29

                  http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVKM1a0

                  http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pq6QI8i

                  Anyone interested, pls pm me

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • janet88J Offline
                    janet88
                    last edited by

                    S-H:
                    Hi,


                    I just bought a bottle of manuka honey UMF12+ for my kids. Just wandering whether UMF12+ is suitable for my kids at age of 8 and 12? Also, I've heard that metal and plastic spoon cannot be used to scoop the honey but only ceramic spoon, is it true? Thanks.
                    From what I know, only metal spoon not advisable to be used. I use plastic or ceramic spoon.

                    I give my kids 6 and 10 a teaspoon of UMF 15. UMF 12 should be fine.
                    Didn't get UMF 20 as it is too strong as we take it almost daily. Maybe next round will get UMF 10 since we take it as prevention/maintenance.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • A Offline
                      autumnbronze
                      last edited by

                      Manuka honey is working for me and my DS too. DS takes it everyday after breakfast.


                      We bought it after this thread started.

                      Two days ago, I had an itchy throat and was coughing a bit, I took two teaspoons of it and went to sleep. In the morning, throat was ok.

                      Then yesterday, DS was coughing quite a bit in the night. He said whenever he drank or ate, it felt as if something was 'poking' his throat. Gave him some and when he woke up this morning, he said his throat was ok too.

                      BTW, I use a wooden spoon which can be bought from Daiso.

                      :thankyou: Andaiz, for starting this thread :celebrate:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • janet88J Offline
                        janet88
                        last edited by

                        Hi autumnbronze,

                        Take the manuka on empty stomach. It works better.
                        My son will ask for manuka when he feels a little sore throat coming, bcos he saw me doing so before bedtime. Since manuka is good for health, I’m for it. Even my hubby is willing to invest in manuka honey now.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 46
                        • 47
                        • 6 / 47
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy