Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Alexandrea
    3. Posts
    A
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 16
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Looking for weekend programmes for my 3 yrs boy at AMK

      Hi BBforest,


      For music class, there is Christofori in AMK Hub 3rd floor. It is call something like little Mozart.
      Little school house is also organising some music class for 3.5yrs old.
      Another school in Grassroot club, call The learning Horizon. They are offering Music for the intelligent mind by Seimpi music school.

      My child is studying in Little Skool House and she was from Learning Horizon.

      posted in Music
      A
      Alexandrea
    • Primary School Preparation - Math

      Has anyone got their kids in Roysth school? I heard that the standard is very high.

      Many of my friends are recommending this school if my child can get in. I will be under the Phase 2B category.
      But I had also heard from one parent whose child is in Roysth. She was commenting that it is not as good as it seem. Reason is due to the teaching methods of the teachers. Infact, she said HOugang Primary may be better.
      I would just like to listen to your views and better still, if you have experience with the teaching of this school.
      Yesterday I was with a Preschool Principal, she mentioned that if my child is not so well verse in Math, I should not consider Roysth. Too much pressure and stress…
      Eee… sounded so scary…

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      A
      Alexandrea
    • RE: [Hougang/Punggol/Sengkang] Preschools

      I think st Anne is quite ok. I heard that one of the church school is not so good, but so sorry, I forgotten which one. It is definitely not St Anne.

      I went to PCF today. Spoke to the principal. Seems like MOE had instructed all kindergartens not to drill and prepare kids for their tedious work in P1.
      It is so contridicting. On one hand, they want Preschools to adopt creative and fun learning, plus play teaching methods for thekids. They are doing away with spelling, homework etc. This is to ensure that kids enjoy school and learning.
      BUT on the other hand, the syllabus of P1 is still so tedious. Wouldn't it frighten the kids and kill their confidence when they realise they couldn't keep up? :?
      This PCF informed that they will try to use another method to introduce MATH and Reading for kids so that they are ready. They will try to drill them through play.
      I think inevitably, we have to send them for enrichment classess..
      $$$$$$.......

      posted in Child Care
      A
      Alexandrea
    • RE: [Hougang/Punggol/Sengkang] Preschools

      Sigh!! I can understand her woes…

      Actually I am employing 2 maids to take care of my 2 kids. But they should be of a manageable age at 20mths and 4years old respectively. Cutting down on 1 maid will help save cost, but again, it will not be convenient for her to continue sending my elder daughter to school while needing to take care of the younger one.
      Iam thinking of sending my daughter to PCF. Will go personally to check out the area tomorrow.
      Sengkang, I heard that the church school is not so good.

      posted in Child Care
      A
      Alexandrea
    • RE: [Hougang/Punggol/Sengkang] Preschools

      [Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]


      Hi all, I am new to this forum and really wished to know whether there are any good Kindergartens for my gal? She will be attending K1 in 2009. She is currently with LIttle Skool House, but due to the distant, we are looking at other preschool near our area.

      posted in Child Care
      A
      Alexandrea
    • 1
    • 2
    • 2 / 2
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy