Hi, i do the transfer through MOE steps program, but no choosing of school. They will find a nearest school within your house.
i tried calling innova to do the transfer without going through steps programs but they say no vacancy and i called up MOE and they say schools will reserve place for student going steps program. and i get the place.[/quote]
Tats mean I still can register with school directly is got vacancy, right? But after I view innova Pri profile like very popular now, so high change will be no more vacancy. 
Say if I want to go by MOE, can I give them my choice of school? Will they consider?[/quote]
Innova so far always no vacancies… my son go through ballot during p1 registration but fail.
And keep calling for vacancies but always on waiting list.
Through moe steps program, they dun allow u to choose the school… they only post u to the nearest school. With vacancy…
U might want to try calling innova and check. And check on moe website for the steps program… and for steps program is for transfer next yr… so If u r transferring on 2017, then u have to wait for 2016 yr end for steps program to start.
Btw u transferring only on 2017 then your kid will be how old?
A
Offline
Posts
-
RE: Innova Primary
-
RE: Innova Primary
sky2007:
Hi, i do the transfer through MOE steps program, but no choosing of school. They will find a nearest school within your house.Aloysiusbb:
Hi parents, any kids in class 3E?
Hi, I intend to tansfer my son to Innova primary also.
may I know how to do transfer.
My hse in woodland ave 5 will be ready at 2017, I thinking to do the transfer on 2017 so do I need to do booking now?
i tried calling innova to do the transfer without going through steps programs but they say no vacancy and i called up MOE and they say schools will reserve place for student going steps program. and i get the place. -
RE: kids alone at home
slmkhoo:
yes i agree.. they might on the tv and watch without completing their homework.
After physical safety, that's probably the no. 2 worry of parents!havok_ex:
I used to be alone at home since pri 2. What's to worry about, really? Especially kids nowadays. They are more likely to be glued to the tv, computer or ipad than to be running around the house.
If they cant cook simple meals on their own then just ensure you cook lunch before going off to work in the morning and come home after work to cook dinner. -
RE: How to educate a immature child
lchunleo:
I dun think he is immature.. maybe change of environment and he is still not getting used to it.Hi
my child is 5 yrs old and is immature when comes to issues which we had explained to him but he still can't accept. Recently, we had changed school for him and he had to take a school bus. But he is reluntant and give us the lazy attitude, like laying on the floor and not changing into school uniform. (But he enjoyed the new school once he was in). And because he did not take the school bus, we had to asked our in-law to bring him there. After explaining to him that the inconvenience and money paid, he understood (after the event) but forgot again the next day and do the same thing. Am i expecting too much from him? thanks for your input and guidance.
maybe give him some time to adjust to new evironment and ask him everynight wat he do in school and wat new friends he had made. -
RE: kids alone at home
mum2b:
there's are some kids who can stay at home and discipline to do their own work or parents will assign some assessment for them to do.sorry, can I ask, during sch holidays or days where there's no sch (teacher's day/children's day/psle marking days), will the child stay at home by himself the whole day (8am-6+pm until a parent comes back fr work)? seems to be very long..
my child (lower pri) is in student care too coz both parents work full time w/o helper, and I was contemplating part time work & to dispense with the student care service. but the problem is sch hols like above.
my son will start to stay at home alone this coming school holiday. but sometimes my dad or sis might be at home. maybe u should c whether is it safe for him to stay home alone for nearly a full 8-10 hrs -
RE: kids alone at home
i love my family:
My ds also sleep with me at nite. but he can go to bed before i sleep.
Mine needs me to be with him before he can slp[/quote]
Maybe u can start training him to sleep himself first -
RE: kids alone at home
i love my family:
I had spoken to my boy abt leaving him alone in the hse next year & he does not agree to the idea, want me to continue to put him in studentcare instead. I guess he is too timid to be home alone as he still needs me to slp with him in his room now.
My ds also sleep with me at nite. but he can go to bed before i sleep. -
RE: kids alone at home
lynntan15:
All of us r worrisome parents! Many issues to considerAlso, you might want to consider putting your home spare key in someone that you trust nearby your home. In case he falls down at home, there must be someone nearby to help him fast and not get lock outside the house.
I am also a worrisome by nature.
-
RE: kids alone at home
slmkhoo:
I think you should. He will probably find out anyway, and then he will feel that you don't trust him. I think it would be better to let him know that you are concerned for his safety, and of course he will realise that you can also see him during the day, but he won't assume that that is your primary purpose. He is more likely to live up to your trust this way.[/quote]true also.. we cannot let them think we dun trust them.Aloysiusbb:
[quote=\"slmkhoo\"]But do emphasise to the child that such a system is for his safety, not that you do not trust him or feel the need to \"spy\" on him!
yup.. i still thinking should let him know if i install. :rahrah: -
RE: kids alone at home
i love my family:
I am also thinking of letting my son to be left alone at home when he is Pri 3 next year, but I am worried abt his safety
Ya me too.. but is gd to train them to be independent. but really have to let them know the safety hazard.