Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Blissfulmum
    3. Posts
    B
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 4
    • Posts 109
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      peapot:
      Oh wow! Blissfulmum, I hope you have better luck with this new maid. My current indo maid is also ex-sin 4 years. She is a gem. I don't even have a chance to raise my voice during these 2 months she is with me. That's how good she is. So, you will be lucky. One cannot be unlucky all the time. The only thing is I let her pray. Other than that, everything that she does I have checked and realised she's done it before I could even tell her. If a maid is 80% good, I consider myself very lucky. However we wouldn't know till the end do we?


      Next time try to get an agent that accepts P.D cheques. Incase the maid turns out like crap at least you have one less thing to worry about, Money!

      I have learnt my lesson when I got my previous crazy Myanmar maid. My current maid agency takes only P.D cheques. So, why not? I've got nothing to lose.
      ===============================================
      Thanks Peapot for your well wishes. I really need that a lot a lot...I really wished mine would turn out well too.

      Agt had just confirm the collection - finally... and my \"maid management\" days will begins. 😞

      I am not sure abt your 2nd post - if we treat them well, will they put stuff in our food?? hmmm.....DH always complained that I treated my maids too well... so much so that they will take me for granted - and it's TESTED and PROVEN.

      Many pple will learnt from experience, but too bad for me - cos I NEVER learn from mistakes. Each time I told myself to be less emotional, but everytime when the maid comes.. I forgot abt my own rules.. ahhahaahah... LOL ... so bottom line is, i really need someone geniue.

      My agt said, she doesn't eat pork but she doesn't pray or fast wor... but she needs 2 off days a month for personal development, learning computer and english at Indonesia Embassy - and I am all ready to support that. I also wished that she could have a better life in the future. Even my last Myanmar maid? I am all ready to send her for english classes, cooking classes at CC.. but she didn't stay long enough to enjoy that lor.. too bad.

      I just found out that my agent is also in this forum and she is probably reading this now. I wish i really wish that this maid will turn out to be someone whom you think she is and that's why you have strongly recommended her to me and that I don't need your after sales service within the next 18 months. πŸ™‚ Fingers crossed to both of us πŸ™‚

      To all mommies and daddies out there... I will let u know . .. eventually, if everything turns out well or not, cos I've promised my agent that I will give her referrals if alls well. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

      Pray for me πŸ™

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      Blissfulmum
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      moonee:
      OH no! :x IR at katong, they are the reason I went back to my old agent. Very unreliable!! and dishonest I fell out with them, be careful. I used them in 2008. The young guy that works there is ok but he take insttucftions frm the older guy thats married to a Indon chinese. I dnt know how things are today and whether the ppl are the same.

      Whatever promises made u better make them write in black and white.
      Most of their filipina maids are not sourced by themselves during 2008. Thy are refered by the maids in spore who are doing sideline and they go round sourcing for other maids relative and refer them to IR. The Maids get a cut of 200 bucks for each referral. Both their maids told me. So most of the filipinas that come in have sisters who refered them. Ididnt quite like the idea of direct hiring at that time but my last one turned out OK but had a heart problem. No one could tell unless U work with her. Perhaps referred maids with sisters can be ok if they are motivated.
      To cut the story short, IR basically does not give good service when something goes wrong, well they will talk to the maid but eventually the oldr guy has a very selfish attitude. He believes in makin and not loosing.
      He assured my mum and me many times that taking direct hiring maids has its benefit cos the maid will pay for their own airfare back in whatever circumstances. Not true!! If u give p/d cheques make sure u cancel if anything goes wrong for yr own safety. I took a maid and after receiving the IP letter frm MOM, they can call me and tell me a story that the maid does not like certain duties and they forged my signature to cancel the maid and recommended me to take one that I rejected. My hubby sent them many nasty emails as thy played dirty with us and wanted me to send my current maid back to phillippines. They benefit themselves, they dnt even have a savings for the maid. When asked, they say its not legal. Just be careful and firm with them. They may not honour their word, at least not with the boss like guy at Katong, Btw are u using BktTimah or Katong?
      ===============================================
      Oh my!!! that's terrible.. and I am really worried now. I am using the one at Bt Timah, a very \"run down\" looking agency comparing to their neighbours. I have tried searching info abt them via google but in vain. Tam also doesn't have anything on her blog. One of the mommy in another forum responded to my query and had made gd comments on the KATONG branch which she had used. So i took a chance lor.

      I am not giving post dated cheque.. they are charging SGD488 for PD payment and SGD288 for out front. My maid has 4.5 months loan.... so i thought, forget it, why let them earn the extra SGD200.... and yah, they keep changing the schedules of her arrival and I really don't like that.

      The agent finally called me at 9pm last night, say my maid has arrived on yesterday and can hand over to me after thumb print. And I told them too bad, I will pick her only on Thursday evening/Friday morning.

      Fingers crossed that the maid will be OK - ex-Singapore, for almost 8 yrs with one employer. Fingers crossed.... πŸ™

      I have asked her to email me ALL the documents, contracts and everything first before I pick her up this Thursday.. let me see the final time. But hasn't seen the documents yet.. pray pray pray... My boys will be alone at home with the maid most of the time lor...

      I am scared... 😞

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      Blissfulmum
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      moonee:
      Hi Blissfulmum, Tks for sharing ur experience. Kind of scary! you did put up with her nonsense for quite a while. Agents are never really honest neither are the biodatas.,, I normally look at the face first. Idnt believe their yrs of experience and their comments.,, you are right, Its a matter of luck cos half the time the agent dnt really know the girls even after they hv interviewed n brought them in. These potential maids may have different expectations coming here and definitely not going to tell the agent that. Spore is such an easy place to come. ..hah! so much talk about cutting down on foreign workes but this does not seem to apply to domestic help. MOM shld do something to ensure that only serious applicants for domestic work are allowed in. Since they cant do tat, then we shld nt be held responsible for the many chnges.

      As yr maid speaks gd english, shes hot property for the agent as most sporeans dnt mind taking the minority.
      Im only trying out burmese cos there are too many filipinas and indons near me. This may not be a solution to my problems as the maids around here can also influence as long as there is basic english knowledge.
      Tks, u have highlighted some important issues of which I will emphasise to my agent as a requirement... :celebrate: I will be calling my aunts agent tomoro but if she does nt have the biodatas then i will probably need refferal 😎
      ===============================================

      No problem. Additional comments on the agent (Gold year), now come to think about it again, it's probably true that they just want to bring the girl out.

      I needed a maid desparately then because I had dilated 2 to 3 cm at my 33 weeks (with DD3), I am worried that I will go into labour anytime. The representative from Gold Year was really \"good\". I commited the maid without having to pay anything or sign anything. I only paid and sign all the stuff when they deliver the maid to my house - personally. In short, I \"shop\" for that maid and get everything's done in the cyber!!!

      He kept emphasising that he trusted me, and know that i am heavily pregnant.. bla bla bla.. so sweet hor??? but in the end, the goods delivered is \"rotten\".

      Since then, I NEVER trust such \"freebies\" agent anymore. And because of his good services, I have even referred him on a parents' forum.. and probably the mummy also got bitten.. I so pai sey 😞 😞 😞

      I am currently working with IR Employment Services... heard they were good... but guess what?? MY maid didn't come as expected ... and they are giving me all the crappy reasons with loop holes!! and thought I am an idiot!!

      I think sometimes these agents, lied so much, probably saying the same lie over and over and over again , till they themselves also went into \"BELIEVING\" their own lies and think everyone is so gullible.

      But having said that, I told DH, let just pray that the maid turns out well. Afterall, she is my main concern. IR actually got my deal pretty easily, presented me just 2 BIOS - with contrast quality... and obviously I will take the first one... cos I am also tired of searching.. u know what i mean? And Of so many agency i liase with, IR's representative, is the one and only one bothers to make time, replying my requests in details and justifying why this maid is good etc etc etc.

      Wish me luck, mummies... i need LOADS of them. The maid \"SUPPOSELY\" to arrive today... after so much postponment... but up till now, 450pm. I haven't hear from the agent yet, can u imagine??!!??? I guess I will cancel my leave tomorrow and go back to work. *sigh....

      Bliss

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      Blissfulmum
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      janet_lee88:
      Maids have the backing of MOM and brainwashed by their stupid friends...if they find that they have too much work, they find fault with employer to get a change. They drive you up the wall so much that you have to return them to the agency.


      For employers who are both working, they have no choice.
      ===============================================
      Yes Janet, I second that.

      SG is really a \"free labour\" market. In MY, there is no transfer maid thingy.. so maids who didn't like their employers are either \"force\" to work for the same employer, till they get crazy? or they have to lost all their money and go home. πŸ™‚

      Bliss

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      Blissfulmum
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      Hey Monee


      Whichever agency you are going to use.. whether is your aunty's long time friend a pc of advise - PLEASE DON NOT TRY THE AGENT. Never believe what is in the BIO, never believe what the maid said during the interview. NEVER. So I guess it's really all abt luck.

      I got a maid from GOLD YEAR aka Amorie in 2007 because I was expecting DS3. The maid came a month or so earlier before I was due, as I have dliated at 33 weeks, I was told to bed rest at home. This maid, a Myanmar maid - good English, Bachelor of XXX, the agt hard sell her so much, Fresh maid, asking for SGD350. I spoken wif her over the phone, very accomodating and it's true that she can speaks better English vs the other Myanmar maids I have spoken to.

      First of of arrival, she was OK, on the 3rd day, she starts telling me her ambition and why she wants to come SG bla bla bla.. and finally asked me to help her find a job outside!!!! CRAZY right?? I told her I can't do that it's illegal, then she asked me if she can go outside find job herself, at night then come home and clean my house for me.. etc... Lagi Crazy! I told her no way!

      And immediately called the agt... the agt then SCOLDED her on the phone.. and I can see her LOST look in her face, she didn't even know what's happening!!??

      Then I took time to explain to her nicely, the cost of living in SG, how much she is going to spend in SG if she dun work as a maid etc.... then she seems to undertsand and alls good. 2weeks later, she siao again... ask for the same thing, this time, she said, she can't be a maid, cos her dad duno she comes out as a maid, I called the agt again. Think the agt threatened her or something. She apologised then wanna stay again.

      Soon, I went into delivering. She stayed with my MIL for a couple of days whilst I was at the hospital. I came home, everything was OK, during my 4 months maternity leave ( I think).

      Cos she is pretty senang actually. I ordered home delivery confinement food, DS1 and 2 in childcare, I take care of DD3 myself, and all she does is mainly general hoisekeeping. She even have time to read book during T-time. From 8.30am to 9pm [only 3 of us at home- weekday. She doesn't even need to cook for DH, he will have dinner at his mom's place with the boys before they come home.

      Cos she has old parents at home 60-70 yo, and I scare they may need help, so I even gave he a mobile phone. SGD20 prepaid card - she finishes within 3 days!

      New year came.. instead of giving her ang bao, i gave her another prepaid card... same thing happened, finsihed within week.

      Who she is talking to? I duno, she said, she tries calling home, but they put her on hold.. bla bla bla...

      My nigtmares come on my 1st day back to work, preparing to send she and baby to my MIL's place. At 5.30am, she told me she wants to go back, ask me to send her back to the agency. It's 5.30am in the morning. I told her, YES, I will but u have to let me talk to the agent and fix a date. Prior to that she still has to work for me. She agrees. During this period, her attitude sucks! She refused to eat dinner at my MIL's place, she bring bread from home for lunch and cook instant noodle when we get home. Even when my MIL served her her dinner, she said I AM FULL. Quite daring!! even I also dare not do this to my MIL. Eventually, my MIL dun serve her anymore and let her take when she wants.

      She often comes home with us from MIL without dinner and cook noodles or i give her SGD3 to buy noodles from coffeeshop downstairs. I told DH to tahan her a while more.. she will be gone soon anyway.

      A few days' gone, she suddenly cried and hug my legs to say she LOVE me and my MIL, ask me to give her a chance to work for me again, cos her father need money to have an eye operation next month, she needs money.. bla bla bla... and idiotically ME - I accepted her again and THIS IS MY GREATEST MISTAKES!

      I can't remember, few days later, I received a call from my sobbing MIL when i was at work. There are policemen at her place!!!!

      I rushed there to find out what happened. Spoke to the police officers, they said someone lodge complaint of maid abuse. Informant said that the maid was asked to wait up at 5am, sleep at 12noon, one meal a day - maggie mee!!! MIL is a rather egoistic person, but that day i saw her watery eye, carrying my 4-5mos DD3 in her arms. I am really pissed off. :x

      The maid kept telling me its not her.. she didn't call the police. ANd carried herself \"very professional-like\" when talking to the police, said our family treated her very well, she was not sure who did this.

      It was ab 1plus 2 - the police said when they came, my maid was actually having her lunch and the house was peaceful when they came.

      Even News Reporters (Daily newspaper) also came!! See the plot??!!?? I called the agent and immediately wants her out of my house!! Agent came to my MIL's house downstairs at 6+, but said he has errands to run and will come back later.

      We had dinner....reach home at abt 8 and the agent was at place at abt 8nish. Maid immediately know what's happening, i can even see her grinned!!! She was calmed and its seems like she is ALL prepared!!! Till bid me good bye at the door smiling leh!!!! :x

      She left my place on 9th. Her new BIO was almost immediately UP on http://www.netmaid.com after she left my house and she was wearing MY BLOUSE!!!! in her new photo. 2 days later, she found an employer. Till now, I am still wondering HOW could she find an employer so quickly??!! :?

      And I have checked from MOM, she is still in SG with the same employer since she left me, I won't be surprise that the agent kept her themselves to work as their own staff be a translator or something cos this girl really can speak \"good english\" but get a \"scape goat\" to finish her loan or lighten her loan?? And if this is true.... then this is really scary. :shock:

      She has been with me for abt 4 to 5 months, and has a couple of months loan of cos. Agent threaten me that I will lost everything if i send her home. Including air ticket, it's abt SGD2K. And my MIL is quite angry, ready to give me the CASH to pay me back - to send her home. But on 2nd thought, why must I give her a free trip to SG?? In the end, of course, I transfer her instead.

      I didn't get a replacement from them, as the next one I've picked - failed her entry test. And obviously its another painful experience of getting my money back. Almost like BEGGING for my money liao :(:(

      SO - be aware... I have read some stories abt GOLD Year on http://www.singaporemaid.blogspot.com, some of the stories are even more scary. :shock:

      Just my sharing.....don't trust anyone, but yourself. Employing a maid is all about luck, it's not about the nationality, and your expectation, it's not about which agent you choose, but smeewhat the ethics of the agency is very important. Some just want money and dun care if the maid is OK or not.. just bring them in.... but I am just saying.. just some.

      Wish you luck and me too - my new maid is coming in 2 days time. πŸ™ Prior to my last maid in 2007 whom lasted me for 4 to 5 months, the one before her was since 2002! I never like the idea of having a maid, but now that my boys are all in school, and DS2 has requested to stay at home instead of student care... i have no choice lor.. *sigh

      Just my 2 cents worth.. thanks for listening... πŸ˜„

      Bliss

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      Blissfulmum
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      Ok.. sorry one more question!


      I am going to heed the experts advise .. leave her with the agent. But she may have my keys also ... then how?? :?

      She is almost a month wif him before we go holiday u see??? so .. do i add extra lock or something?? :roll:

      aiyoh! sorry moms and dads.. i am a problematic mom πŸ™‚ LOL :?:

      Bliss

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      Blissfulmum
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      autumnbronze:
      Agent please, no doubt about it ....


      Thanks autumnbronze...:)

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      Blissfulmum
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      Hey KSI


      Thanks for your prompt response. U think it's \"safe\" to do that? leave her with the agent?

      I have actually thought of leaving her with a friend, but agent say it's illegal wor.. and I also worried that she will cause trouble to my friends lor... hmmm... if leaving her wif the agent is the best solutions.. I guess I dont have much choice then 😞

      Thanks huh!

      Bliss

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      Blissfulmum
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      Hey All


      I am new in this forum as well as a maid’s employer. My new maid is coming this week, she is an ex-singapore. But I have already made plans to go holiday this June.

      The agent suggested that I can house the maid with them at SGD10 per day but I am rather skeptical about this. Not so much abt the money… but I don’t feel comfortable keeping the maid with them, who knows what they will make her do???

      I will be away like 5 days?? What would you do?? I dont have a relative that can keep the maid for me, cos the closer ones will be joining this trip too πŸ˜› and no way my MIL will keep the maid for me… cos she is NEVER gd in handling maid. I also dun want to "lose" the maid on my return … kekek…

      Appreciate your kind advise…

      Thanks in advance!

      Bliss

      posted in Domestic Help
      B
      Blissfulmum
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy