Hi
Thanks, l will try it out 
n00bin4t0r:All these are in rates (no of papers marked) per hour.
Let x be the number of days Wong takes to mark 36 papers.
Wong's rate = 36/x
Tan's rate = 36/(x+1)
Combined rate = (72x+36)/(x(x+1))
Combined duration = 2
Combined duration = 36/Combine rate
36/Combined rate = 2
... solve for x, remember to reject non-logical answers if there are 2 solution
Answer = x/36 (in papers per days) = ??? (in papers per minute)
I'm sure there are many ways to do this, but here's my thought process.
I have to find Wong's rate, so I let it be x.
Then, I have to get an equation where x is the only unknown so I can solve it.
A quick scan through & by gut feeling, its the equation that equates to 2.
So, I need the left-hand-side of that equation, the combined duration which requires the combined rate which in turn requires the individual rates of Tan & Wong.
So, I express Tan & Wong's rate in x, substitute to get their combined rate, then substitute to get combined duration and solve for x