Kaydenmama,
Your boy got into CCHM?
Posts
-
RE: Chung Cheng High (Main)
-
RE: Chung Cheng High (Main)
Hi kaydenmama,
I’m also living in SK, deciding btwn CCM & NC. I told my son the pros & cons for both schs, in the end he still decided CCM as he may hv Pri sch class/sch mates applying for CCM & he doesn’t mind traveling. Since he’s the one going to study for next few yrs, I let him decide as I don’t want him to blame me if I choose NC for him as it’s closer to home. I don’t want him go NC then unhappy & blame me for life. -
RE: Maha Bodhi
I just received my son’s term calendar for term 4… 17 Oct is P1 Admin Day starting from 9am-5pm, so should be same day for all successful applicants, just that it would be different time slot, so take note of the date.
-
RE: Maha Bodhi
As for books, not necessarily to buy all from school bookshop, mainly buy Health Ed, FTGP, School Journal & exercise books.
Maths, HCL, CCE, Social Studies, Music all can buy from Popular. If your child doesn’t have Popular membership yet, you can use the admission letter sent by school to show to Popular to apply for student membership. -
RE: Maha Bodhi
Congrats to all whose child has gotten into MBS!
Just to share some info, there’ll be an administration orientation on 17 Oct, 2.30-3.30pm, not sure if it’s the same date & time for all but you’ll probably can expect to be around this week. It’s for you to fill up some forms, collect booklist, purchase school textbooks/uniforms, arrange school bus transport/student care services. Not necessarily to bring your child along but it’ll be gd if you intend to buy school uniforms that day.
There’ll be an orientation for the kids on 21 Nov, 8.30am. This will be the same for all kids, where teachers will bring them to classrooms to play some games, etc, so apply leave! Parents will be in school hall to listen to the briefing conducted by school.
If your child is very sticky to you type or hv separation anxiety, try to “train” him/her prior to the orientation as parents won’t go with the child to the classrooms, don’t worry, usually there’ll be 2 teachers & also a pv assigned to each class, so they’ll be in gd hands. Prep your child & ensure him/her that you’ll pick him/her from the classroom after the briefing is done. -
RE: Maha Bodhi
Kismet123:
Thanks! My son is enrolled for P1 next year - will be good to connect with other “dragon” parents! :rahrah:
Oh, congrats! He got in via which phase? -
RE: Maha Bodhi
Kismet123:
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum. Can I check what CCAs are good in MBS and how much time do they take up? Are CCAs also mandatory? Thanks!
I only know MBS is well known for their band. There'll definitely be extra practices during SYF years, so the children do have to spend quite a bit of time if get into band.
CCAs are incorporated into the curriculum on Thursday for P3-P6, so lessons end at 3.45pm on Thursday. Hence, if the child doesn't take up a CCA, not sure what the child would do during the 2 hours of CCA, would recommend the child to take up a CCA to learn something instead of wasting 2 hours of time. -
RE: Maha Bodhi
Peiliang:
I've been observing... based on past few yrs, I hv not seen phase 1 take up rate to be more than 50% of total places... take up rate in phase 2a also higher than past yrs, dragon yr really fierce! Luckily my dragon is 2nd child, so got in via phase 1 as the brother still studying there. I have to agree that this yr registration is anomaly.My 2 cents analysis and rant:
Feels like this year is going to be an anomaly year... 171 places taken up already in Phase 1 for MBS. Previous 12 years range was 120-150+ maximum. Birth rate up 5% in 2012 but appears that a lot were for no 2, 3, 4 or beyond in this dragon year and their elder siblings all congregate at the SAP schools (not just MBS) with the take up rate up 28.5% at MBS (i.e. Chinese all become more in the mood for love from mid 2011 to early 2012 to make dragons).
Last year had 101 places for 2B and 2C, and take up rate was 133 and 95 for Phases 1 and 2A only.
This year if Phase 2A application rate also up 28.5% will mean 122 applications to fight over the reserved 121 places = Balloting at Phase 2A for this school, which had been unheard of historically!
I thought my Phase 2B should be safe, but I must have a plan B now too.
-
RE: 2018 P1 registration exercise for 2019 intake
zac's mum:
Thanks! So...did anybody notice if any of the schools increased their intake for this year’s Dragon babies registration?
The number of places for every school unlikely will increase due to space constraint as schools only have x number of classrooms. However, it may reduce number of places, in certain scenarios such as schools going full single session. In areas like Sengkang & Punggol where there are more young couples with young children, MOE will instead build more new primary schools to cater to the needs in the area. -
RE: The Write Connection - Discussion
Anyone looking to sign up for p5 next yr, Friday 7-9pm at Bedok? Looking around to see if there are people who are keen so that we can join together to get the group discount. Pls pm me if you’re keen. Thanks.