keekee:Thank you, this is what I have been suspecting.Cartier,
The principal mentioned begining this yr that Rosyth will be having single session by 2015. Still long way to go ..... but noticed they are transiting into this arrangement by cuting down 1 class every yr ... yr before 360, last yr 330, this yr 300 .....
Posts
-
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
-
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
Hi KSMUMMY
Congratulations!
Do you have any idea how is Rosyth transitting into a single session school as the intake is huge? Heard any plans of the school expanding or will it reduce future intake?
Once again, happy for you :lol:
Thanks a lot. -
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
Hi Mama Ping
How is Zhong Hua ‘very very good’? Pls share with us your friend’s feedback because I saw from the balloting history it is one of those schools that have a lot of vacancies at 2C?! Your sharing would definitely us all of us who stay around this area.
Thanks in advance. -
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
Dont know much of Zhong Hua, it’s a school with high enrolment of students from Myanmar and China, so I heard from my neighbours. The current principal is from Tanjong Katong Primary School, if I am not wrong.
Kheng Cheng used to be one of the better schools in Toa Payoh eons ago and has a long history, gotta ask those who stay in TP to advise.
Cheers. -
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
Dear Mermaid & MamaPing
As posted earlier, Yangzheng is not bad, my friend’s child is educationally ‘sub-normal’ but the principal and the teachers were very patient and accommodating, she has nothing but good to say about the school.
Academic-smart does not equal street-smart; also does not equal career luck! Before I left the corporate world, I came across many of my ex-colleagues who graduated from our local top primary & secondary schools, some even possess masters and honours degrees from reputable universities but amazingly, yours truly who came from a non top-brand school earned more than them and travelled first & business class while they were toiling hard - I am not bragging here but just lamenting that luck and the blessings from above do play a huge significance in our lives and our children’s lives and, we must always be thankful for that, be appreciative of what we have.
Good luck to your children! -
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
mama Ping:
Since she qualifies for 2A2, better make good use of it as most of the schools around this vicinity will require balloting. What do you mean by 'a little bit slow than other schools'?Cartier,
I really deeply appreciated your helpful info, actually I more prefer PLMGS as the PSLE results more good & the other main reason is nearer to my house - Yang Zheng oso. I heard my collegues said she not prefer CHIJ school as the school system is a little bit slow than others school.
CHIJ OLN really quite far from my house but I got no choice as my daughter is under Phase 2A2 in CHIJ OLN, for others school all under phase 2C, I think the chance can register in PLMGS is very very limited. That is why I very doubt & worry is if I take the risk try to register her in PLMGS on 28th Jul 09, then if fail balloting, I dun know still go chance to register her in CHIJ OLN or not, (the date for Phase 2A2 - 13th Jul 09). -
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
mama Ping:
Hi, Cartier,
My friend's son studied in Yangzheng, she has good things to say about the principal and that the principal is working towards pushing the school academic standards progressively higher.Cartier:
[quote=\"mama Ping\"][Moderator's note: Topics split and merged.]
I stay in Serangoon Central, I am doubt to registered my gal to CHIJ OLN or Yangzheng Primary School. for me more preferred YangZheng, but my husband always quarred over this because he strongly preferred girls school. I am really very doubt as the date of registration is coming soon, I can't decide as I dun have any friend's kids study in this two school before, any friends can help to give some advise please.
Thank you very much and deeply appreciated.
Thanks very much for your info, Deeply appreciated![/quote]Not at all, I didnt help much.
BTW, were you refering to CHIJ OLGC at Serangoon Gardens which is nearer? I believe for CHIJ OLN (Upp Serangoon Road) at phase 2C there will be balloting for >2km. Alternatively you can try PLMGS, isnt it closer to your home? -
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
mama Ping:
My friend's son studied in Yangzheng, she has good things to say about the principal and that the principal is working towards pushing the school academic standards progressively higher.[Moderator's note: Topics split and merged.]
I stay in Serangoon Central, I am doubt to registered my gal to CHIJ OLN or Yangzheng Primary School. for me more preferred YangZheng, but my husband always quarred over this because he strongly preferred girls school. I am really very doubt as the date of registration is coming soon, I can't decide as I dun have any friend's kids study in this two school before, any friends can help to give some advise please.
Thank you very much and deeply appreciated. -
RE: [Serangoon] Primary Schools
keekee:
It must have been dreadful for you with the long wait and hectic manner the session was conducted. Probably one of the trade-offs with a huge and immensely popular school. Still, I appreciate your sharing with all of us.Cartier,
The PTC on 29/5 was rather short. We were there on time but waited for almost 30 mins before it was our turn. The form teacher rushed through the session with us as there were still many parents behind us. She gave some comments about my dd....didn't have time to go into details...I was a bit disappointed ....didn't get to meet the chinese teacher as the queue to meet her was also long .....
For the june holidays, there is only 1 holiday assignment to make a lantern in preparation for the lantern festival.
Did your dd have to take any 'entrance' test before being posted to her current class? -
RE: All About Parent Volunteers (PV)
hquek:
It's good that you addressed my concerns about what I said of my nieces, but I cant deny not acknowledging my friend's tai tai friends' modus operandi to get what they covet. Just a handful of these so called self-branded elitists might have some undue influence to other impressionable children, depending on the individual child's sensibility. I also did not declare blatantly that it's not a good school. I am only sharing with others what I have been told and my friend's friendly coax.hi Cartier,
I was from scgs (sec, not primary) and certainly not lucky enough to belong to the right gene pool. Not everyone from privileged background flaunt their wealth. I rather think that it's the parents that encourage such lifestyle, not the school.
Hello hquek, honestly I was surprised by what you say cos what I heard is that the principal (during my time) would decline such offers and put such parents at the end of the queue.