Chenonceau wrote :
You have confused primary and secondary education. My question still is "Did you have a child take PSLE since 2008?" If not, your experience is outdated and you will never understand what we are facing now. Of course, there are parents whose kids went to schools that taught well and tested hard. Those too won’t understand what it feels like to have to personally teach a bright child whose school tests hard but fails to teach what it tests.
Very valid point indeed ! In addition, those who have not seen p6 Maths textbooks or PSLE Maths questions and do not know much about the new "Teach less, learn more" culture in school ,kindly find out more first before shooting their arguments. MOE will think that there is indeed NO Problem cos these people who based on their prior school experience decades ago said so !
Posts
-
RE: Primary school maths: A vicious circle (from TODAY May 8)
-
RE: Maris Stella High
Do you have other choices? I am wondering too how is the standard and culture in the school now as my youngest is attending P1 next year. My eldest finished PSLE 2 years ago and there was room for lots of improvements.
-
RE: Primary school maths: A vicious circle (from TODAY May 8)
Finally I got a better understanding of the model method . I was groping in the dark for the last few years . Different schools have different approaches and even in a given school , the better classes are taught more than the weaker classes. My DS took
PSLE, I realise that many methods taught by the assessment books are not taught in school, neither were they documented in the textbooks. When I finally sent him to tuition, it was too late as he was bombarded with even more model methods. We were so frustrated then.
By the way, which book would you recommend to study comprehensively all the model methods?? Where can I find the 11 methods which I don’t even know after so many years.