Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Cherubsy
    3. Posts
    C
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 31
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: 2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take

      I am wondering whether does anyone perform PV way before the child is due for registration (i.e. > 1.5 years before registration) and whether there are schools who do allow parents to do so.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      Cherubsy
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      Somehow I can’t view the link. It says page not found…

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      C
      Cherubsy
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      Wah! Thanks Krazy. It’s really nice to hear the the girls are still generally well-behaved. They still have weekly chapel and bible studies right?


      The workload manageable? It’s quite scary to think how you all FTWM cope with schooling children… Sigh. Any tips??

      Will wait for Kiss to shed more light on PSG 😃

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      C
      Cherubsy
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      Hello


      I am an old girl and is thinking of sending my gal to PL in 2015. Just wondering how are the school rules like now. During my time, we cannot have long hair and we need to wear shoes with laces (even for Pri 1 students!!). We are generally well-disciplined as the principal is very strict.

      May I know how’s the culture generally like there now?

      How about the PSG? Is it active?

      Thanks!

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      C
      Cherubsy
    • RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Girls

      Hello!


      I’m an old gal of PLMGS and intends to send my daughter there in 2015. Just wondering how much things has change…

      Can the current mommies enlighten me on the school workload (homework everyday?), weekly spelling, etc.?

      What do they teach for moral education? Do they use di zi gui?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      C
      Cherubsy
    • RE: 2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take

      mummy of 3:
      Cherubsy:

      Actually I'm in a dilemma. I have

      Then better go to ur sch.

      Ya.. people were saying settle one first, the younger one talk later. Some more with affiliation, it really helps such that I won't be so stress during PSLE time too..

      But there are alot of new condo / ECs being built in the area now. I guess it's just going to be more competitive nearing my boy's pri 1 registration next time. Stressed..

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      Cherubsy
    • RE: 2013 P1 Registration Exercise for 2014 In-Take

      tjkok:
      Since you have a boy and girl, I think going to co-ed would be better, at least your DD will be able to go to the same primary school with her elder brother under Phase 1

      Actually I'm in a dilemma. I have 1 gal then boy. Not sure whether to send gal to my school (gal school with affiliated sec sch), then source for another sch for my boy later. Or take the risk for my gal and source co-Ed sch around my place. But I'm not within 2km of the better schools in my area so really there's an opportunity cost for my gal. Sigh...

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      Cherubsy
    • RE: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

      BigDevil:

      Withdrawal should be quite fast, and yes, you can register immediately at another school. One parent will normally station him/herself at the first school, while the husband/wife will be at the other school. Then once decided to withdraw, one will do the withdrawal and the other will register at school B.

      But don't do it at the very last moment as you have to take into consideration of queuing time, computer delay, etc.

      Thanks for the info!! Especially the 2nd part abt queuing and computer delay etc.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      Cherubsy
    • RE: 2014 P1 Registration Exercise for 2015 In-Take

      Hello!! Any of you familiar with withdrawal process? I am thinking shld I register my DD under phase 2a first then wait and monitor whether school B has enough slots in phase 2b. If yes, then register at school b for phase 2b…


      Any idea how long to take to withdraw at first sch and whether we can immediately go register at sch b?

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      C
      Cherubsy
    • RE: Poi Ching

      I am new to this. I have just submitted the form to do PV at Poi Ching. Anyway of you have done PV at Poi Ching before? Able to share whether what type of activities PV will be doing? I’m a FTWM and hence, can only participate in ad-hoc projects…

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      C
      Cherubsy
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy