eureka29:Hi parents, my child recently received a spot for next year's nursery slot at Harding Road . I was wondering whether I could get some feedback on their Chinese curriculum. Also, my child has mild speech delay and I'm not sure whether the teachers would be receptive. He is currently attending another pre-school at the moment.
HI hi...
Congratulations ! This is good news as SJCK always has a long waiting list...
The school did face some challenges regarding their Chinese curriculum before... But i understand that the school has recruited a group of China teachers, all of them qualified with pre school certifications, to improve the Chinese curriculum of the school. I heard that they have been very active and enthusiastic in designing the materials and teaching modules..
Personal experience, no doubt my kids were not very fluent in their Mandarin, but they never had any problems in their P1 Chinese (at nyps).. So i am not overly concerned...
1 of the reasons i sent 3 of my children there is the teachers. They are very dedicated, and all of them regards the children by their names. I am very sure your kid will be well loved by his/her teachers.
Perhaps i can suggest, you highlight this to the principal Ms Jacqueline Chung before school starts so she and the staff can pay extra attention on the progress of your child....
Wishing you a beautiful journey in SJCK..
:congrats: