Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Chu Liu Xiang
    3. Posts
    C
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 6
    • Posts 114
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Full-Time Maids

      happy to be mum:
      will you feel strange if your previous maid who has left you for another employer keeps on messaging you, sending her regards to ask how have you been?


      my previous Phinoy maid left me 2 months ago due to some small issues. We let her go before we got another maid and I was left maidless and helpess for a short while. Now have another good maid (at the moment still good and hope continue to be good ;). Somehow can't help maybe my old maid is not too happy with her current employer or she regretted her decision to leave us?
      I believe your ex-maid don't want to burn the bridge behind her, huh? If thats what her intention was then I say she's a smart girl.

      šŸ˜‚

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • RE: Call for http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com to be removed

      Look ladies/guys


      There's really no way we can control our maid if she wants to talk behind our back reagrdles of what method she chooses. It's the same for us to our boss/neighbour/friend/relative etc.

      The important thing is that these talks should not reach us either verbally or visually. If your boss caught you badmouthing him/her then you'll definitely be in trouble, right?

      My ex-maid was caught once badmouthing my elderly. Interestingly, she was betrayed by one of the maids which happened to be her own race. I just warned her not to do so again especially in the neighbourhood where the people knows one another.

      If there're issues that the employer feels can jeopardise their safety and/or privacy then these must be written down, made known and explained to the maid initially when she joins your household. To your maid these may be just normal chit chat like other maids do.

      :xedfingers:

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • RE: Call for http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com to be removed

      minnie2004:
      LOLMum:

      so we have mom and the many groups looking after the maids, who is looking out for the employers?????


      we dont have a voice in the papers, organisations etc to fight for employers.

      anyway, some complaints by the maids in mom facebook are really :siao:

      Exactly. My maid is posting comments about us on her FB, revealing our travel plans, posting pictures of herself taken inside our house. Who's there to protect us? Can I ask her to remove her FB account?

      Since a lot of maids have access to internet nowadays, they can by all means go to this blog and post their opinions too. They can also use \"anonymous\" or their real names. They are not as helpless as you think.

      Don't we, as employers, talk about our maids too? Regardless of the method use employer/maid talk about each other, ok?

      As for taking pictures and travel plan being uploaded onto FB you already admitted that you did not inform your maid initially not to breach your privacy in the other post, right? So, why bring up again?


      :xedfingers:

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • RE: All About CCTV/spy camera for monitoring maids

      LOLMum:
      vfgrace:

      Dear all,


      i need to install cctv with video recorder to monitor my new maid. Could pm me the supplier name, brand and cost? Thank you so much ^_^


      huh, what if HOME and TW2 complain and say it is against the maid's human rights to have her privacy intruded and demand it to be removed?

      šŸ˜‰ :evil:

      If the NGOs, or even MOM for that matter, can assure you of your household safety why not? Which is more important to you - household safety vs maid privacy?

      Maid privacy here implies not installing a camera in her room (if she sleeps in a separate room) or installing one in the toilets. Otherwise the above statements stand.

      FYI, a camera can have more than 10 uses besides maid monitoring.


      :imcool:

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • RE: All About CCTV/spy camera for monitoring maids

      vfgrace:
      Dear all,


      i need to install cctv with video recorder to monitor my new maid. Could pm me the supplier name, brand and cost? Thank you so much ^_^
      Just visit Funan Centre or Sim Lim Square. There're many shops selling different brands of cameras and video recorders there. Best to bring your man along so that you'll not be con by some nasties there.

      :boogie:

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • RE: Call for http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com to be removed

      minnie2004:
      dimsum:

      Just curious, Chu Liu Xiang, do you engage a maid?


      He/she might be a maid herself :yikes:

      I'm a maid employer but that does not mean my support will automatically go to all employers. I'm the same but different.

      I don't believe all postings by employers (here and elsewhere) are true. There're good/bad employers and maids.

      My stand is to support the right cause and not the person,ok? If there's a need to be critical of an employer who's in the wrong then I'll do whatever I can to re-educate him/her my way.

      I'm like an independent candidate in an election with an independent mind and not tie to any organization to move in a headless herd

      :imcool:

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • RE: Would you pay a maid S$25 000/mth for her devotion to you?

      Pen88n:
      Chu Liu Xiang:

      [quote=\"Pen88n\"]
      I used my company as an example, and that states I am not BETTER OFF THAN THAT MAID. BUT the example does not state that I am NO BETTER THAN THAT MAID. That is YOUR OWN WORDS which are offensive!!!

      I wrote it and I explained the implication. Thats it. If you want to interpret otherwise it's up to you.

      :xedfingers:

      :xedfingers: You can be sure I will :siam: from people who made such \"implication\"!!! Some people just need to relearn prepositions, brush up his English else he continues mis-interpreting his own offensive remarks! šŸ˜‰[/quote]Ok ok point noted

      šŸ˜‚

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • RE: Would you pay a maid S$25 000/mth for her devotion to you?

      minnie2004:
      Chu Liu Xiang:

      [quote=\"minnie2004\"]I would do the same if I had $6mn (or even more) and no kids and relatives, and no particular charity I would like to donate the money to. This maid is practically my closest family member. Who else should I give the money to? My pet turtle?


      It's not about whether I'm willing to pay her for her loyalty, it's about whether I have a choice in terms of how to dispose the $$.

      It's also meaningless to break down the $6mn into monthly payments. Not to mention the time value of money (i.e. 25k monthly payment over 20 years will add up to much more than $6mn), this employer certainly would never pay the maid 25k a month for 20 years.

      Your pet turtle?? Why not? There're cases whereby the inheritance of rich people was willed to their pet upon their death.

      The S$25000/mth (average) is just for discussion purpose only. You think me and others are really interested in the details of monthly payment over 20 yrs with time value of money, interests etc? Just leave out the details lah

      Knowing that such a case is one in don't know how many millions then the discussion of such subject should be taken on a lightrer note, ok? Just adopt a humourous approah in such discussions lah. No need to have serious discussions.

      :roll:

      This maid must be really lucky then as her employer didn't even have pets! I would be so :stupid: :mad: if i was this maid and my doctor employer left the money to her dog instead of leaving it to me, after me working for her loyally for 20 years! :rant:

      Of course I know the whole discussion is for fun and no one really cares or even understands the time value of money. My point was that no employer would ever pay a maid 25k a month, no matter how loyal, devoted she is, in any part of the world. Unless if you're paying her to do extra jobs, other than the duties of a maid, that is :evil:[/quote]In this case ah then the pet dog gets half and you get half lor. Happy or not? If not then you and the dog can go to the court to slug it out

      šŸ˜†

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • RE: Would you pay a maid S$25 000/mth for her devotion to you?

      3Boys:
      I think if one has a loyal maid, one can take some measures to ensure some security for her as she gets older. For instance, we started a bank account for our maid of 6 years, and have been regularly partitioning some of her pay into it, at her request. We also intend to top it up with occasional bonus payments. Best of all, its portable, she can take it with her if she goes to another employer, as opposed to being locked into us. We may not be able to give her $6mn after 20 years, but one hopes we will be able to help set her up over time for a comfortable retirement back home.

      Actually, my post is a feeler. As mentioned such a case is one in don't know how many millions type. Hard to occur again although not impossible. My intention is to find out how employers reward their long service (10, 15, 20 yrs) maids.

      There's a moral responsibility aspect of the employer attach to this type of case (i.e. for long service maids) which is another lengthy discussion if really want to go into it.

      šŸ˜‚

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • RE: Would you pay a maid S$25 000/mth for her devotion to you?

      Pen88n:
      Chu Liu Xiang:

      [quote=\"Pen88n\"]Chu Liu Xiang,


      Putting my position from the company's perpective (in your words), you can say that I am not BETTER OFF than the maid, as she has an employer who gave her inheritance whilst I do not have a company that gives me that money.

      However, you cannot say that \"You are no better than the maid\" (quote your exact words). In saying so, you are comparing me with a maid, and implying I am inferior compared to her. In what way and under what circumstances do you have the right to make such a comment when you do not even know me or the maid personally? Even from my company's perspective, why would my company compare me with a maid? Does it mean my company not paying me $6mil is saying I am no better than a maid? Then a lot of people are in this position. Of course I take offence on that remark.

      I do not think this is a mis-reading / misinterpretation on my part. If you say that you miss the preposition thus causing the misunderstanding, I accept it. But if you say I misinterpret your sentence, read it again yourself and think how you would interpret that if someone say that to you.

      Well......you use your company as the example so I just build on it. Nothing more than that. As explained don't read the words literally.

      :xedfingers:

      I used my company as an example, and that states I am not BETTER OFF THAN THAT MAID. BUT the example does not state that I am NO BETTER THAN THAT MAID. That is YOUR OWN WORDS which are offensive!!![/quote]I wrote it and I explained the implication. Thats it. If you want to interpret otherwise it's up to you.

      :xedfingers:

      posted in Domestic Help
      C
      Chu Liu Xiang
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 11
    • 12
    • 1 / 12
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy