2ppaamm:Thank you!
Maybe direct your questions to https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Gifted/141781045952942
Posts
-
RE: How to tell if a child is gifted?
-
RE: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch
Jennifer:
Better go, Jen..Funz:
Anyway, good to go see a doc or sinseh to rule out any possible ailments.
Maybe. -
RE: All About Working With Children Who Are Weak Academically
All the best, Janet! :snuggles:
-
RE: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch
Funz:
The pomegranate beside it didn't get any pest, not even white flies. When I replanted, I isolated the plant but still got it :?
My chilli plants always attract a lot of white flies. Tedious way is to give the leaves a 'sponge bath'. Gotta do it pretty frequently.Jennifer:
The last time I grew tomato plants, white flies were attracted.
My pot of chili plant is leafy, no insect.
Could the white flies be attracted by some other plants?
I do spray neem oil on the leaves as well but I keep them in the shade when on the day that I spray or else the leaves get burnt if they remain under the sun with the oil on the leaves.
I did the sponge bath but boy! It's so tedious! I sprayed pesticide and let the plants in the sun maybe that's why the leaves turned brown. Next time I'll try spraying at night and see if it works.
Speaking of chilli and tomato plants, mine flowered but no fruits and got very leggy...why ah.... -
RE: 2014 Sec 1 Discussions
Next week is blocked out for tests but I haven’t received any information on test details (which subj on which day, MCQ or OE, etc). Kiddo said they weren’t informed too. Is this the norm for sec school?
-
RE: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch
Hey Jennifer! Your morning glory flowers are so pretty and leaves are lush! How often do you fertilise it?
My morning glory got infested with white flies. I tried salvage but in the end gave up and threw the lot away. I replanted and again white flies. Any recommended pesticide? The one I have is so strong the leaves turned brown. -
RE: How to tell if a child is gifted?
Dear sushi88, ammonite, 2ppaamm, thanks for the open discussion. I deeply appreciate your inputs.

As for the link, I've checked the website of the school. Was thinking if I should ask these qn out in the open but anyway here they are:
1) does the child have to quit school to join the program or can he take it on a part time basis to try out?
2) is the diploma recognised for entry to nus, ntu? If yes, will A level cert holders be the preferred candidate?
3) for science subjects, how is lab work done?
4) what's the possibility of enrolling into courses like medicine? Just wondering as kiddo just mentioned abt pathology earlier.
5) can a child who is not gifted manage the course? Psychologist did suggest he might be gifted but he only got through Gep screening (no prep or tuition) and was not selected. I didn't send him for any IQ test.
I hope posting these qn here isn't the wrong thing to do.... -
RE: 2014 Sec 1 Discussions
kittycat01:
I feel the same way too. Easier when revising for exams too.dd's teacher asked the class to upload a programme on their phones to read some notes she sends. I asked dd what happens if someone has no hp and she said all of them have, as the teacher has checked with the class.
frankly I still prefer hard copies - can see it straight away in front of you. Depending on internet/wifi can be a hassle sometimes as you still have to turn on, key in password and sometimes in the middle of it get logged out then got to log in again. -
RE: How to tell if a child is gifted?
sushi88:
Sushi, you caught me! I've never checked my kids' bags. I don't know the content of the worksheets, if it's repetitive...
Actually this homework thingy, is it negotiable with the teachers? Some kids no need to drill so hard, one of my children is like that. What others need to drill on 5 worksheets, she likely needs 2 only. You can try to speak to the teachers about this. They are only concerned about the outcome. If your ds and you are willing to take responsibility of the outcome, the teachers should not be overly concerned about the process. Every child learns differently, applying sameness can be potentially destructive. I also observe if my child needs the drilling, over drilling dulls the learning. If you can get the teachers to trust your assessment of whether all hw needs to be done, then he can free up his time to explore other stuff.