Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. comfy
    3. Posts
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 600
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Where to buy Head Lice or nit Comb

      AJEC:
      Guardian Pharmacy currently sells a brand of lice comb called Protech..

      May I know which Guardian Pharmacy because I have tried without success ?

      posted in Health
      comfyC
      comfy
    • RE: Nanyang Girls' High School [*IP]

      I give my girl $20 per week and pack snack for her recess. This is an increase of 100% of her primary school allowance. ๐Ÿ˜„

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      comfyC
      comfy
    • RE: Nanyang Girls' High School [*IP]

      elkniwt:
      comfy:

      Hi, May I know whether the white uniform is the same as NYPS's uniform? Any other uniforms to buy? thanks (need to know as I will be away and asking someone to do this on registration day).


      It's different. For the top, the words \"nanyang\" have different fonts for NYPS and NYGH. But for the skirts - can't tell the difference, probably the material.

      Thank you!

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      comfyC
      comfy
    • RE: Nanyang Girls' High School [*IP]

      Hi, May I know whether the white uniform is the same as NYPSโ€™s uniform? Any other uniforms to buy? thanks (need to know as I will be away and asking someone to do this on registration day).

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      comfyC
      comfy
    • RE: Nanyang Girls' High School [*IP]

      Hi, may I know if my dd takes public bus to school using Dunearn Road, which bus stop should she alight? Should she enter using the front entrance or the side door? which is nearer? Is the traffic heavy from 7am to 7.30am and 8am to 8.30am? TIA.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      comfyC
      comfy
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Class Starting P4 in 2014

      Nebbermind:
      comfy:

      I know that my dd needs to type her chinese composition's correction (the whole thing) and print it for submission.


      This one should be SAP school, right?

      Yes! Her P6 Chinese teacher is really super and hardworking and I am most thankful for her dedication and patience. :boogie:

      posted in GEP
      comfyC
      comfy
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Class Starting P4 in 2014

      ululu:
      Wow even need to learn to type Chinese. Then a printer is a must. Thanks!

      It will be better if you can get a copy/scan printer. I use Cannon MG5270 after my hb did a research. ๐Ÿ˜„

      posted in GEP
      comfyC
      comfy
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Class Starting P4 in 2014

      I know that my dd needs to type her chinese compositionโ€™s correction (the whole thing) and print it for submission.

      posted in GEP
      comfyC
      comfy
    • RE: GEP 2013 - Class Starting P4 in 2014

      Reversi:
      3ofthem:


      But heard P5 can be a nightmare... :xedfingers:

      I would just like to provide some insight on the life of P5 GEP. (Not sure if this will reassure parents or increase fear ๐Ÿ˜“ ) P5 is a wholly different experience compared to P4 mainly due to the increase in project work and raised expectations. By the 2nd year teachers will expect project work to be of a higher quality and standard compared to the previous year and may be less forgiving of mistakes such as tardiness, which they may have overlooked previously owing to the transition year.

      I would say that the most demanding subjects in P5 are English and Social studies. The concept unit for P5 English is mystery novels and the year starts off with students having to write a mystery story complete with clues and red herrings. An average story would range about 6-8 pages but some students with a flair for writing may top over 10 pages. Parents, perhaps you could introduce your DC to mystery novels over the holidays so that they will have a better understanding of the concept when term starts? I think the most enjoyable part would be the discussions about the literature book - A Wrinkle in Time (although I know some schools are using The Giver.) Last year, we were required to reenact a court scene and debate about certain controversial aspects of the book as part of our oral grade. There are some other projects I have not mentioned such as the print advertisement oral project and the ERP book report, but this is the main gist of it. Undeniably a challenging year, yes, but also one that is memorable and exciting.

      For social studies, the scariest part is having to submit 2 portfolio projects. These are commentaries about any topic that students choose, but preferably one that allows them to voice their opinions, discuss shortcomings and overall just express themselves freely. They also have to submit an artefact - a newspaper clipping/photo journal/basically anything related to the topic. The commentaries can vary in length as I am aware that some teachers set a word limit. However, if the teacher has high expectations, be prepared to write a long overflowing piece over 10 pages citing evidence and opinions. This project counts in students' final grade for social studies so there is great emphasis on it, with some students handing in multiple drafts to teachers to be further refined.

      Personally, I found that P5 was exceptionally memorable. By the 2nd year, students would have mingled around each other and come to know one another better so there is no awkwardness and shyness compared to the 1st year. With the sheer amount of group work, I wouldn't be surprised if your DC formed close-knit friendships within the first semester. In fact, I would consider P5 the best year of the 3 year program. ๐Ÿ˜„

      The real nightmare will start in P6...

      If I read this as a first time mommy whose child is going to GEP next year, it will sound like nightmare to me. Kekeke.......
      To me, my nightmare :yikes: started in p4 upon receiving the common test/exam scores, low mark for projects, your child's strength became her weakness, feedback and disagreement with teacher during Parent-Teacher Meeting and bully incidents.
      After that, the rest of the years are so much easier. So in my case, it is ๅ…ˆ่‹ฆๅŽ็”œ.

      posted in GEP
      comfyC
      comfy
    • RE: Nanyang Primary

      :congrats: thankgod and lovinglife ๐Ÿ•บ ๐Ÿ•บ

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      comfyC
      comfy
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy