Hifive:It really depends on what textbook you are using. Actually, I don't really think that the order matters, as in the end your child will still learn the topics, regardless of the order. However, I do agree that cells will be the first topic to be taught.Hi
My ds will be P5 next year and his tuition for P5 Science topics commenced from Nov 09.
His tuition centre started the P5 topics with water cycles. However, I have heard that other centres started topics relating to cells.
I read that water cycles is from the component CYCLE whereas cell is from SYSTEM. I am not sure if his tuition centre is doing the right order on the topics.
Please advise. Is there an order of the topics for the P5 syllabus?
Thanks in advance
Hifive
Posts
-
RE: P5 Science syllabus
-
RE: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]
alderbaran:
It will be the first week of school, from 4th January to 8th January. Should be. But there is the CCA Orentiation, on the 29th December, where every sec 1 has to attend. For the 1st day of school, 4th Jan, only sec 1s will be going to school. The rest will start school on the 5th.Hi everyone
Does anyone know when is the orientation for S1 students at RGS? Would this be held prior to the start of the new school term?
Thanks -
RE: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]
ks2me:
nope, they changed it this year. We will be studying Romeo and Juliet instead:!: :!: Some things just don't change I suppose.... It also means that many authors have no chance to be studies in depth but these few books have been studied to death.
Looks like I can take out my dusty books to sell..... :lol:
Oh I forgot Shakespeare would be turning in his grave if he were to read my post. -
RE: School Bus Service for Secondary Schools
VitoRelax:
No need what, Tampines>Outram Park> Little IndiaFrom Little India MRT take what bus number to SCGS ?
But wouldn't going to Little India MRT more troublesome, got to change train at Dhobby Ghaut again ?
Tampines > City Hall > Dhoby Ghaut > Little India
Vs
Tampines > City Hall > Newton ?
You can take 48, 66, 67, 170
Compared to if you go to sumerset, you can only take 190.
Actually there is another way, just get to Bugis and then walk to Fu Lu Shou, which is not very far away, and then take 48 or 170.
In any way, you will still take about 1 hour to get there.
You should go to http://www.gothere.sg to check out all the routes available and you will find it very helpful. They can find anything for you there. -
RE: Appeal Secondary One Posting
you can only appeal on Reporting Day, where you go to the school you got placed in and someone else in the family go to the school you want to appeal. For last year, you will have to appeal before 10.30 am, if I am not wrong. The appeal process will be put up on the school’s individual websites soon, so check it.
-
RE: School Bus Service for Secondary Schools
Keroppi30:
Actually, it is much faster to take MRT to Little India then transfer bus to get to SCGS. There are more bus there and you only need to take about 5-7 stops. If you go to Orchard, you can only take 190 and it will also take you about 5-7 stops. 190 only comes like 1 per 10 min and it is sometimes crowded because most RGS girls take it and you will end up not able to get onto the bus sometims (I take it every morning to go to school...).Anyway, I see quite a few SCGS girls taking MRT to Little India and then transfer bus. I am sure that your daughter will just have to follow the crowd and won't get lost:)VitoRelax:
How to goto SCGS from Tampines using public transport ?
You may want to take MRT to Newton or Orchard and take a bus for a few stops. -
RE: Secondary School Third Languages
It is better and much more helpful to choose the last 3 languages, simply because, you just have to go there once per week, but for the previous 4, you have to go to MOELC twice per week. Also, it is much more useful to you in your future, I would say.
I am currently a secondary 1 student taking French ( Sec 2 next year!! YAY! ). From the results obtained by my friends and classmates, it seems like people score better in French and German as compared to Japanese, although Jap has the highest take-up rate. The median score for French and German for our sch is around 80, while the median for Jap is only about 60++. In any case, it is easier for anyone to take French or German as about 30% of the words are English words, or words that are very similar to English. Howver, Japanese is much harder ( in my opinion, sorry to those people that take Jap…), and there are a lot of misconceptions here and there, making it confusing sometimes. For example, study in Japanese is not 学习, but 努力 (or sth like that, my riend told me before, but I forgot already…), and it is in traditional chinese. That’s how confusing it can get.
Also, the grammar for French is similar to English, which is Subject+ Verb+ Adjective ( or sth like that, you know what I mean…), unlike Japanese, where the verb is behind (if I am not wrong).
German has the least take up rate, and the class is also comparatively smaller. For French, the class size is about 30-40++. When I transfered class, there were only 2 person in a class, me and another boy. Quite scary, 1 teacher to 2 students. That was only the first lesson, though, and the class got bigger to about 25 students.
The take-up rates for the 3 foreign language
1st: Japanese
2nd: French
3rd: German
THE PACE OF THE LESSON IS QUITE FAST AND PAY FULL ATTENTION IN CLASS! For the first lesson, the teacher will already teach you the ways to greet people, the pronouns and the conjugation of 2 verbs.
You only take it once per week, for 3hr 15min, starting from around 3pm, depending which lesson you are taking. The classrooms are mostly not air-conditioned, however if you are lucky, you can get one of the few ones, in total about 5??
You do not have to pay anything for the lessons, but you have to buy the book, which cost around $100. Also, they now has the online learning portal, where they have exercises and notes. As the teachers do not give you any notes, you will have to print out yourself from online, which is also quite a massive number, about 2 ring files.
A piece of advice to those who are going to take 3rd lang :
listen attentively in class, do not sleep ( as some of my friends do…), take notes, be hardworking and print out every worksheet and test paper you can find ( not a lot), ask for more practices, revise when you get home!! And you will do well for it! Also, the 1st few lessons are the most important ones and make sure to revise!
Disclaimer: this is not an official guide and I might be biased towards French becaude I take it, but the information is mostly correct. -
RE: Secondary School Third Languages
I am currently a secondary 1 student taking French ( Sec 2 next year!! YAY! ). From the results obtained by my friends and classmates, it seems like people score better in French and German as compared to Japanese, although Jap has the highest take-up rate. The median score for French and German for our sch is around 80, while the median for Jap is only about 60++. In any case, it is easier for anyone to take French or German as about 30% of the words are English words, or words that are very similar to English. Howver, Japanese is much harder ( in my opinion, sorry to those people that take Jap...), and there are a lot of misconceptions here and there, making it confusing sometimes. For example, study in Japanese is not 学习, but 努力 (or sth like that, my riend told me before, but I forgot already...), and it is in traditional chinese. That's how confusing it can get.
Also, the grammar for French is similar to English, which is Subject+ Verb+ Adjective ( or sth like that, you know what I mean...), unlike Japanese, where the verb is behind (if I am not wrong).
German has the least take up rate, and the class is also comparatively smaller. For French, the class size is about 30-40++. When I transfered class, there were only 2 person in a class, me and another boy. Quite scary, 1 teacher to 2 students. That was only the first lesson, though, and the class got bigger to about 25 students.
The take-up rates for the 3 foreign language
1st: Japanese
2nd: French
3rd: German
THE PACE OF THE LESSON IS QUITE FAST AND PAY FULL ATTENTION IN CLASS! For the first lesson, the teacher will already teach you the ways to greet people, the pronouns and the conjugation of 2 verbs.
You only take it once per week, for 3hr 15min, starting from around 3pm, depending which lesson you are taking. The classrooms are mostly not air-conditioned, however if you are lucky, you can get one of the few ones, in total about 5??
You do not have to pay anything for the lessons, but you have to buy the book, which cost around $100. Also, they now has the online learning portal, where they have exercises and notes. As the teachers do not give you any notes, you will have to print out yourself from online, which is also quite a massive number, about 2 ring files.
A piece of advice to those who are going to take 3rd lang :
listen attentively in class, do not sleep ( as some of my friends do...), take notes, be hardworking and print out every worksheet and test paper you can find ( not a lot), ask for more practices, revise when you get home!! And you will do well for it! Also, the 1st few lessons are the most important ones and make sure to revise!
Disclaimer: this is not an official guide and I might be biased towards French becaude I take it, but the information is mostly correct.