Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. donkey
    3. Posts
    D
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 45
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      E3:
      donkey:

      Hi, anybody from Peace 2? Want to know any feedback about the form teacher.

      Anybody feels that the admin staff are not helpful?
      My girl in Peace 2. No teachers have given her any email address for parents to communicate with them. I am so disappointed.

      I am sorry about your disappointment. Hope the teachers take more initiative. Here's the link to the school website with all the teachers' email addresses.

      http://www.phpps.moe.edu.sg/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=158&Itemid=98

      thank you dear..

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      D
      donkey
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      E3:
      Yes, my encounters with them were also quite pleasant. I needed to speak to my dd's Chinese teacher last year and they promptly left a message for her to call back. Chinese teacher called within the next hour. Another time, I was called up to pick up my dd because her temperature was higher than usual, but when I was there, we realised her thermometer was faulty and her temperature was normal so one of them kindly brought her back to class and even helped explain the situation to the teacher on my dd's behalf.

      thanks for reply..

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      D
      donkey
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      IJJ:
      donkey:

      Hi, anybody from Peace 2? Want to know any feedback about the form teacher.

      Anybody feels that the admin staff are not helpful?
      My girl in Peace 2. No teachers have given her any email address for parents to communicate with them. I am so disappointed.

      Email address is available in school web as E3 has provided. On e contrary, I find e admin staff quite helpful. When I need to know anything abt my child, I call e tr or leave a msg with my contact with e admin. Usually tr will call within 1 or 2 days.

      thanks for reply

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      D
      donkey
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      Hi, anybody from Peace 2? Want to know any feedback about the form teacher.

      Anybody feels that the admin staff are not helpful?
      My girl in Peace 2. No teachers have given her any email address for parents to communicate with them. I am so disappointed.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      D
      donkey
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      Engkidz:
      Hi Donkey


      The assessment was good. I think LCentral quite similar to ICR because one ang moh also assess my child. The teacher show me the work books and they look good.
      The teacher is nice. The class is small because the centre is new. The teacher suggest I sign up for the holiday program so that we get a \"feel\" for the place. Then if my child like we can sign up for next year. So all in all good, no pressure. My dd like the teacher too.

      Will give the holiday program a try and see first.
      Did you go to ICR yet?
      No , my girl has not enroll ICR yet as the centre said they have only my girl in the list. They need to take in somemore students in order to start a class. Maybe i can bring my girl to LCEntral for an assessment. May i know the contact number for the centre?

      posted in English
      D
      donkey
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      honeybeel:
      jhansolo:

      I have not send my children to I can read program, but have heard a lot from people. So far all positive. However, I believe programs like these should just be the kick start. Once the child is able to read on his/her own, you should spend the time in reading than attending lessons.


      I recall my teething steps to get my 5yr old girl to read, it was a painful and long drawn 9 months. But her rewards, she loves reading and discovered her joy in reading. There are still moments that she might need help as she progress to more difficult books. Be There.

      Hi,
      I am also signing up for my girl at ICR to try out. She will be in ICR stage 2. Hope she will enjoy the class and learn. My main aim is to help her in her compo and compre as she will be in P1 next year.
      Any parents has comments on the Advance writing and exam skills from ICR?

      Yes, compo and compre very important at Pr 1. When my girl in Kindergarden, i never let her practice and enroll in any programme. That is why she scored so badly. My fault... I saw the teaching booklet in ICR, not bad.

      posted in English
      D
      donkey
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      Engkidz:
      OK thank you. Maybe you can post if any good.

      I will take my daughter for assessment at LCentral in Bukit Timah Plaza today.
      Engkidz, how is her girl assessment?

      posted in English
      D
      donkey
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      garlicmummy:
      hey Donkey,


      She's going Loyalty 2. She called me from school the moment she knew it - she was a little disappointed, just like your daughter. But i think she has improved a lot too compared to SA1. So like you, i also had a little celebration with her.

      Her good friend is going peace2 as well. And my friend's daughter is going peace2.

      At least the good news is, they are not denied the opportunity to move up each year. šŸ™‚
      oh, maybe your girl good friend is my daugher. Hehe...

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      D
      donkey
    • RE: I Can Read - Discussion

      Engkidz:
      Hi Donkey


      I was interested to read your post. I am also thinking of enroling my 10yo in ICR Buit Timah. My fren says her duaghter did well there in the reading programme but not so good in the exam skills lesson.
      I shop around quite a lot and found LCentral. It is the same as Literacy Circle they just rebrand this year only. Someone told me their Eng exam skills programme better than ICR and I notice they open up in Bukit Timah plaza already. New centre, can it be good? I guess all the centre standard the same but I think I want to take my child for assessment there before I commit to ICR.

      Plz tell me if u enrol in ICR and what you think. Do they do hol programmes? I think Lcentral does maybe this a good way to find out if centre any good.

      C šŸ˜Ž
      hi,
      I brought my 7 years girl to assessment last week . One \"ang Moh\" assessed her. I am in dilemma to enrol her in I CAN READ. Because most of their teachers are caucasians.
      I think will let my girl to try out for one term.

      posted in English
      D
      donkey
    • RE: Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary

      garlicmummy:
      hi all, I'm new here! Just joined this forum.


      My elder girl is also in PHPPS. Glad to find this thread.

      Donkey, take heart - result is not everything (though it's really hard not to compare at times) and i guess PHPPS' standard is really high. I had a shock myself when i saw the postion ranking in report book.

      My girl is also going pri 2 next year...:)
      oh, which class she is in?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      D
      donkey
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy