Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Eddow
    3. Posts
    E
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 186
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Tanjong Katong Primary

      Sorry, I don’t have any contact of any taxi driver.

      You can check is there any taxi driver that stay at your area. Cos if they start work from your place, they are more willing to send the kids as the first passengers.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      E
      Eddow
    • RE: Tanjong Katong Primary

      Hi … if few of you staying nearby can gather together, you can look for taxi to ferry your kids to/from school on a daily basis, not necessary private bus. Cos I know that is what some parents are doing at the moment. Hope it helps ^_^

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      E
      Eddow
    • RE: 2010 COPs for 2011 Sec One Intake

      tyquek:
      Understand that SJI's COP for 2011 sec 1 is now 248.

      My friend's son got 241 and he got a place into SJI. So maybe the COP is 241.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      E
      Eddow
    • RE: Turkey

      I’m staying on the East. I ordered from this shop (CHEZCAKE BISTRO) along Haid Road, since last year and had already ordered for this year as well…


      The turkey is cooked and ready to serve. We’ve try frozen ones and it take real long time to get it totally cooked. When order from them, they’ll time the turkey to be ready at the time of collection, so that you can collect it while hot. They’ll not reheat it cos it’ll spoilt the taste of the meat.

      posted in Tuckshop
      E
      Eddow
    • RE: All About BBQ: Recipe, Delivery, Where to Order, etc

      Thanks alot for all the fantastic advices and referrals… I’m sure going to enjoy my BBQ this Sat… Ye "")

      posted in Tuckshop
      E
      Eddow
    • RE: All About BBQ: Recipe, Delivery, Where to Order, etc

      HI. Would like to know where to get Satay for BBQ, othere than from FairPrice NTUC ?


      Thanks in advance

      posted in Tuckshop
      E
      Eddow
    • RE: Tanjong Katong Primary

      tokyo:
      pinchmycheeks:

      How does the school allocate pupils into classes in pri 1? Are there exams in pri 1?


      Good to know too on how they allocate the student in P1, maybe I should call and ask. For exam, I guess they do.

      Yes, there's ONLY 1 exam in Pri 1 and 2 which is the End of year exam. Other than that, there are only practice papers (test papers) for the March, May and Sept where the higher Pri are having their exam. These are normally not counted in the Final report book.

      Allocation for Pri1 is random. Thou the kids have to complete a simple question(test) with consist of only a few questions.
      The Pri 1 (2011) orientation is on 13-nov-2010.
      ^_^

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      E
      Eddow
    • RE: Tanjong Katong Primary

      caveman:
      Hi Ely,


      I just registered my DS to TKPS. I felt their last year results were not bad at all, above national average.

      Don't worry too much and don't be over reliant on schools for our kid's results and discipline. Let's work together with the teachers, do our part as parents, encourage and help our kid, enable them to achieve their best.

      Most importantly, let them have an enjoyable 6 years of primary school life.

      Cheers.

      Yes, totally agreed on this.. My 2 DS enjoyed going to school everydays. They click very well with their friends and even teachers. Just work together with teachers and they welcome feedbacks on your child. You can talk to the class teacher directly on all concern issue on your child. Hope your child also love school ^_^

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      E
      Eddow
    • RE: Tanjong Katong Primary

      pinchmycheeks:
      Experienced TKPS parents where do you buy uniforms etc and do we need to do this before orientation like some other schools? How do they allocate classes for

      the kids?
      HI.. My 2 DS is in TKPS. Everything will be organised on the Orientaion Day itself. From Orientation of kids to their class, introduction to their teachera and friends, briefing to parents, buying books, buying uniforms/shoe/sock etc. Nothing is to be done before the Orientation day. Just need to take note of the day and attend. ^_^

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      E
      Eddow
    • RE: PSLE Chinese - General Discussion

      nan.nan:
      You are right !


      I have been thinking of helping the parents to help their children.

      Sharing of learning tips is definitely a good start.

      Next, I was thinking of starting a reading club. This is to create opportunity for parents who really wants to get themselves ready to help their children, to have more Mandarin speaking opportunity.

      I live in the East. So, I can say spend an hour or two at a cafe, meet with a small group of 2 to 4 parents, like a casual weekend gathering, and I prepare a passage from either newspaper, or book, or somewhere, and I read to them. They can ask me some of the words etc.

      Any response ?
      That'll be great. I'm staying in the East too.. But I'm only free in the morning .. 😢

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      E
      Eddow
    • 1
    • 2
    • 15
    • 16
    • 17
    • 18
    • 19
    • 18 / 19
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy