Hi,
My son is going to St. Gab in 2012 as well.
He will not have any friends going with him as we stay in Hougang.
Hope he can make new friends there.
Hope to see you mummies at the Orientation!
I heard they have Student Care in the school right? Anyone know more about the student care?
Posts
-
RE: St Gabriel's Primary
-
RE: *** READ ME FIRST !!! - P1 Registration FAQ ***
qms:
Hi,
Yes, system is online and real time. Hence, you need to withdraw from School A before your application with School B will be accepted.Bells:
I will be registering my son for P1 in school A under phase 2A2 which should guarantee a place. If subsequently i want to take a risk & ballot for school B under phase 2B >2km, how would be withdrawal & registration process be?
I was thinking that I would wait till the afternoon of the 2nd day of 2B registration and if the numbers look ok, my husband will do the withdrawal at school A and then I will do the registration at school B. This is assuming that the system is online & does not need time to process the withdrawal before allowing registration.Bells:
You don't need original documents to withdraw from School A. Only when you are applying do you need original documents.I read in someone's post that simultaneous withdrawal/registration not possible because we do not have 2 sets of original documents.... I thought school A would only take copies of our ic, child's health booklet,etc. They don't retain the original documents right?
I'm in the same situation but watching the 2C of HIPS closely. But what documents exactly do we need to do a withdrawal?
Photocopy of parent's I/C? Or any other documents?
Thanks in advance for the advise. -
RE: 2011 P1 Registration Exercise for 2012 In-Take
dankhim:
Why not remove the name of the school. All student wear same type of uniform. Just differentiate by the address of the school. Student just apply to the school nearest otherwise next nearest? No school is better than the other. The objective of the school is to let all children have the oppotunity to complete the primary school education. Regardless of rich and poor, race, religion etc. Teachers will be rotate from school to school. No one will need to stay in the particular school for life. There will be no transport issue. No jam in the morning and evening. :rotflmao:Celyw:
Don't think you are realistic. Those \"NORMAL\" schools that are near the rich will be sooner or later be better because they have the $$ or donation to get better resource/facilities.
As long as human beings has the sense of competitive spirit in them they will be a difference....
Hi,
Every child in Singapore is already given an opportunity to study in Singapore regardless of race and religion. We do have a Compulsory Education System.
As for rotating the teachers, I dun really think that it will work.
Nowadays, it is quite important for teachers to understand the culture of a school and find ways to work towards helping pupils achieve. Once they are familiar with the profile of the pupils there, thats when they teach the best.
Therefore, if they have to change school so frequently, it doesn't help at all.
However similar the school name, uniform, etc, these are just on the surface. As long as addresses are different, same prob will arise.
As long as we feel that every sch is the same, I dun see why there are so much unhappiness about the system.
JMHO! Hee....
Good luck to all of us registering! -
RE: 2011 P1 Registration Exercise for 2012 In-Take
Hey BigDevil,
I’ve called St. Gabriels and MOE this morning.
St. Gabriels mentioned that they will help to search for my husband’s records which is great.
But at the same time, I’ll also get the PSLE results from MOE, just in case.
Thanks all mummies for your help! -
RE: 2011 P1 Registration Exercise for 2012 In-Take
Hey Janet,
Thanks for the tip. Will call MOE tomorrow. -
RE: 2011 P1 Registration Exercise for 2012 In-Take
Dear Mummies/Daddies,
I would like to enquire something.
If i’m applying through Phase 2A2 as my hubby is an old boy in St. Gabriels, but he had lost his PSLE result and report book, is it still possible to register at this Phase???
Please advice. Super panicking now. -
RE: PSLE 2010 Results Report Here
Haig Girls’ School highest is 272.