seems SJI is informing some primary schools that they will be soft-launching the Josephian IP curriculum for students with PSLE T-scores of at least 250 and above in 2012 and are expecting a MOE announcement providing additional information on the Josephian IP soon ā¦
Posts
-
RE: SJI & Anderson Sec - Which is a better choice?
-
RE: SJI & Anderson Sec - Which is a better choice?
Mum1113:
Thanks for sharing junrahmat ! This is great to hear about, your happy with the overall well being of your ds, and you are proud of him and the school . Do you know whether there is another OH for SJI maybe end of the year ? Next sat timing clash with one other activity, and personally I think I like to bring mine to check on the sch.
I think their open house is only once a year. Otherwise you can try checking the school website, its pretty comprehensive
http://www.sji.edu.sg -
RE: St. Joseph's Institution
u can read the letter from parents on their website
http://www.sji.edu.sg/subpage.php?id=298
also a recent online forum article praising a boy
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/OnlineStory/STIStory_671471.html -
RE: St. Joseph's Institution
Herbie:
hi rubydoll, i found the answer to yr query, please refer to pg 84 of the sch diary. My son has chinese test today although the teacher taught only one chapter. Apparenrly, the teacher told the class the test is 40percent of the end year marks. My som was shocked cos the teacher did not tell the class prior to the test. So i am not sure whether the info given on pg 84 is also for chinese subject.
i think it could be 40% of the term 1 assessment which constitutes 5% of the year end grade -
RE: St. Joseph's Institution
livewith_vanilla:
Yeah I know. He takes 156/153 to SJI, and the frequency is like 9 min, furthermore, the jam alone on the highway takes 30-45 min. Horrid traffic.
If he lives in Sengkang, there is a direct bus, 156, from SK to SJI, but I am not sure if it really takes 1.5hours to get to school though I know the frequency fofr 156 can be quite bad at times.25hourmaid:
[quote=\"livewith_vanilla\"]Hi parents,
I'm asking for my friend here.
He takes 1.5 hours to get to school, I have no idea why.
He lives in Sengkang.
Is there any way he can get from here to there in a shorter time ?
Thanks. ^^
To Herbie: Alright, I will. Thanks a million. ^^[/quote]you want to consider the transport found on the school website
http://sji.edu.sg/subpage.php?id=100
School Transport
Mr Yeo Choon Hoe
Tel: 9746 0505 -
RE: St. Joseph's Institution
Herbie:
Not sure why but this thread on SJI is very quiet.
maybe not many parents of sji boys are members of kiasuparents.com
anyway their website is very imformative, u may choose to visit it for more info
http://www.sji.edu.sg -
RE: St. Joseph's Institution
rubydoll:
i got 241 for my psle.i got As in all my four subjects and merit for higher mother toungue.can i surely enter into sji without affliation.i hope i can get a soon reply.

u may want to put in your appeal first just incase not successful, at least the sch has your record, if wait till dec 22, there may be more people then
as for the sec 1 lit book, its the outsiders according to the website
http://www.sji.edu.sg/subpage.php?id=240 -
RE: School Suggestions
SummerRains:
u can consider SJI, take MRT to Toa Payoh then followed by 10 mins bus ride ...Hello,
I scored 245 for this year's PSLE. I stay in the Sembawang Area. And I was wondering if anyone can give me suggestions on what schools to go to and why. I don't have MT, so I can't attend Chinese Schools.
Thanks.
-
RE: PSLE 2010 Results Report Here
et1967:
Your son offered EESIS at 253? Is he from GEP?[/quote]it does not make sense to put SJI before CH.
Anyone can advise, I wonder should place SJI before CH or vice versa? Staying sengkang.weekeelong:
[quote=\"MdmKS\"]
Yes, he's offered, and with 3rd language option. He scored 2 A* 2 A. Still feeling a waste if dont choose IP school. Actually was advised to put Dunman as 1st choice (think very slim), then CH as 2nd choice. Should I follow this advise?
SJI COP for past 2 year was abt 242. CH COP was 248. As posting is done by merit, your choice of CH under SJI is \"wasted\".[/quote]
Thanks..u justified my initial thought.[/quote]
with 253 u may still want to utilise the EESIS and put SJI first, SJI does offer some form of GEP for those who do not make it to the first batch of IP schs and this is recognised by MOE as well ... -
RE: PSLE 2010 Results Report Here
Advisepls:
other than ACS(I), can consider SJI as well, the school is offering scholarship for those with 258 an above, it has a good racial mix as well ...
Being a student myself, i feel that he should not limit yourself to schools in one zone of the country as there are many other areas and schools which this boy could qualify for.Wisedad:
Hi all,
I am new to this forum but found it stunningly informative, especially with awesome contributors like 25hourmaid.
For a boy living in west with PSLE aggregate of 258, what school choices would you suggest? He is non-chinese. So no SAP schools please.
Thank you very much.
The elite schools in that area include the SAP school river valley(not an option) and a school for girls, MGS(also unthinkable)
I think it would be best for this boy to go to other schools in other areas of the country. (Just as long as it's not extremely far)
I would try ACS independent. It is not a SAP school. It is quite far though so you might want to consider other equally good schools instead