Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. erista
    3. Posts
    E
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 30
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: new mommy reporting

      Welcome ProvGirl!


      You’re a newly-minted mother? Welcome to motherhood!

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      E
      erista
    • RE: Is $450 min salary now for all maids regardless of experienc

      mamapoh:
      :?: Need some advise... how do I renew my helper's contract? Hers is due in Nov.


      Wonder how much to increase her pay...
      You can go back to the agency you got her from.
      Depending what is her current salary, you might want to try match the current market rate.

      posted in Domestic Help
      E
      erista
    • RE: Singapore for Singaporeans?

      I feel that the government has done well in unifying a one Singapore… We are Singaporeans! Not Singapore Malay, Singapore Chinese, Singapore Indian etc. Unfortunately with the high influx of foreigners (I honestly can’t say that all of them are FTs coz really not all of them contribute to our nation building), we have started to brand ourselves as Singapore Chinese or Singapore Indians.


      As an adage goes "When in Rome, do what the Romans do". This means to follow the culture that you are a visitor of. Not wanting to deliberately point fingers, but the PRCs have stuck out like a sore thumb in the Singapore society. To cite a personal experience that remains distinctly in my mind, when I was expecting my DS2 and was out with my DS1 alone… I was on a fairly packed train (no seats & some standing) there was a small group of young PRCs (probably students or working) and another small group of Blangadeshi/Indian construction workers near the door I entered. After a few seconds standing in the train, all the construction workers stood up, one even helped my DS1 up the seat. The PRCs just looked on and then quickly looked away or became busy.

      Anyways just sharing my personal thoughts and I’m sorry if anyone is offended.

      posted in Recess Time
      E
      erista
    • RE: Ferrari crash

      Oppsgal:
      http://www.todayonline.com/Hotnews/EDC120518-0000082/No-airbags-in-most-taxis

      At the speed the Ferrari was going, on the impact I really don't think airbag would have saved the taxi driver. Nonetheless I agree taxis should be installed in all taxis... Though there have been instances where airbags coz suffocation when the victims passed out on it or victims sustained bruises (& sometimes broken noses) to their faces due to the pressure from deployment of airbag.

      posted in Recess Time
      E
      erista
    • RE: Club 2010 Kids

      I've got the leap frog laptop! My DS1 (4 this yr) used to like it but finds it boring now. I find the educational games on the iPad very useful for learning too... But supervision is required coz they might select other stuff to play, especially YouTube videos. Sigh, recently DS1 has been watching angry birds space version & dunno what rude orange videos. I delete all history but he can still find the videos!!! 😞

      posted in Clubs for parents with similar age children
      E
      erista
    • RE: Club 2010 Kids

      Always21:
      My 23 month girl knows basic colours, But only knows letter A. Loved to play blocks and 6 piece puzzles. She can ride a scooter on her own. Hope to sent her to school next year to learn all her letters and numbers.

      I'm not sure if my boy actually knows colors, but he has a habit to sometimes sort his mega blocks by colors & he gets about 90% correct. But when I teach him the names of the colors he tags what he sees & says wrongly 90% of the time. 🤷

      He loves riding his mini car (use leg to push along) & he does the same on the tricycle too coz his feet can't fully reach the front foot paddles.

      posted in Clubs for parents with similar age children
      E
      erista
    • RE: Club 2010 Kids

      micollh:
      just to share DS 27 months now.. can recognise A-Z and their sounds.. numbers 1-5 nia.. but can recite 1-30.. am still trying on this part.. he can join two items together in lines using pencil.. circle still very crooked.. stright lines usually is wavy lines.. talks like nobody business.. teacher said he talks a lot.. haven get him to cycle.. i saw some his age can cycle on tricyle.. he at home just sit on the tricycle and ask us to push him..

      *stressed*
      my DS2 is 23mths... Dunoo any alphabet or numbers... Only counts 1-5.
      Does his own scribblings and tells me that he is drawing or coloring something. Can't cycle his tricycle yet coz it's too big for him lol.

      posted in Clubs for parents with similar age children
      E
      erista
    • RE: Hello peeps...newbie signing in

      Welcome!


      I’m also quite new, joined 2 days ago… I’m a FTWM of 2 boys.

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      E
      erista
    • RE: Latest changes implemented on employing of FDW by MOM

      Currently I'm already paying my Indo maid $450 per month and $50 for no off day... Starting next year I have to compensate her more for no off days?


      Sounds to me the employers concerns are not being looked after. 😞

      posted in Domestic Help
      E
      erista
    • RE: Guys, do you give your earnings to Wifey to safekeep?

      My hubby pays for almost all day to day stuff, less my meals at work.

      He gives me a little allowance every month, coz I want him to get used to the idea that must give me some $ in case I do become a SAHM.

      For big ticket items, usually I will pay for it as the daily expenses wipe out almost all of his income.

      posted in Relationships
      E
      erista
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 2 / 3
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy