My 2 cents worth, get a credit card that gives cash back. Those credit card that gives points are useless in my opinion as many people did not bother about points and changing those points for voucher.
A lot of people seems to be shopping at NTUC and using their card. I avoid shopping at NTUC because the provision shop near my place are selling things much cheaper than NTUC
Posts
-
RE: Which is your most preferred credit card?
-
RE: Worth joining DBS Treasures?
RM of all bank have high turn over.
Musical Chair moving from one bank to another. -
RE: Any good Investment recommendations?
worldir:
buy cash flow property... sure win
Totally disagree with this statement, the only sure win investment is your CPF SA or OA, 4% and 2.5% guaranteed sure win.
Property is not sure win, the market now is a bubble, just waiting to see who will be the last to hold the baby. Many EP not getting renewed because of the government policy, do you think the bullish rental market will continue? -
RE: Any good Investment recommendations?
Rac_B:
As long as those professionals don't try to recommend crappy Investment Linked Product from Insurance Companylovemylife:
I am sure that many of us are looking for investment policy that can help us to fight inflation out there and saving money inside bank is definitely not the way out as the interest rates nowadays are pathetically low, I am preg with my second child now and got sack cos of this although my boss put it in a nice way but I know is cos of the pregnancy that why he sacked me, and I am really hoping to find better ways to earn money.. My husband is earning well, however, I don't really like feeling of spending his money, I will hope to be able to earn some side incomes that are just enough for me to spend on luxuries shopping hahahha... enw , not matter what who will say No to more money?
I think it will be better to get some professionals to advise on this. -
RE: Worth joining DBS Treasures?
TheAnswer:
Treasures? Will they be giving you a map with a spot marked X to dig for treasures?I have been getting calls from DBS treasures urging me to join them. I didn't manage to talk to them much as they always call at the wrong timing.
Anyone knows the benefits of DBS treasures?
Jokes Aside. I believe it DBS Treasures serves private banking client.
When you visit DBS Bank, I think you have special queue to handle your banking need. They may also be serving you coffee and food too. Private Banker will be all over you trying to get you to part with your money for them to \"help you to invest\"
Seriously, I have seen many people's investment go down the drain with the \"help\" of private banker compared to those relationship manager you see in normal bank branch.
The only difference between the private banker investment philosophy vs the RM is the \"portfolio asset allocation\" vs the RM hit and run method.
You can do portfolio asset allocation by yourself without \"help\" of private banker lah.
Your bank account must have a lot of digit for them to keep calling you. -
RE: Branded Watches
The Key to Investing in Watch is making sure it is really limited edition.
When I first had $10K in my bank account after working for a year, I remember investing in my first watch for $10K (Cant remember the name) It was not top of the line, but it is limited edition, only 500 world wide.
Managed to sell it with a 30% profit after 3 years.
It does not need to be the top of the line brand name, but limited edition is the key. -
RE: Pocket Money
TheAnswer:
Nowadays need to give secondary kids so much pocket money? I think $5 a day should be enough..
I was in secondary school from 1995 to 1998. My mum only gave me $50 for the whole month excluding transport.. Still must save 10% every month.. $1 for every week church offering.. Technically I only had $40 to spend for the whole month.. No extras if I wanted to go out with friends.. I survived.. I was given my allowance only once a month.. If I used up my money before the end of the month.. It's gonna be a sorrowful sight..
However I had some privileges like I could choose any snacks or food to bring to school so I could save some money.. Grandma can also prepare cooked food for me if I wanted to bring..
Kids these days are so pampered..
* My parents were doing pretty well at that time.. Dad was a businessman and mum was a high flyer in SAF..
Haha, high flyer in SAF, does that make you a white horse during NS time. -
RE: A million dollars cash!
KSP:
1 million condo fetching 5K rent? not possible anymore.
i think if one has 2-3M would buy 2-3 condos can collect rental for a living..... market rate for 1M condo is about 5k..... if can own 2-3 then about ~10-15k monthly income can live comfortably in SG.....TheAnswer:
Maybe if have 2-3 million dollars can consider franchise.. 1 million too tight.. Probably tight on cash flow..
whereas running a biz needs time, effort and commitment....
1) you can no longer find 1 million condo in good location in singapore anymore, only good location can fetch high price, take the sails which is located right in the middle of CBD, per room rental is about $3K, but it definitely cost more than 1 million.
2) 1 million condo at outlaying area is possible, but not possible to fetch 5K rental. -
RE: How do you control your spending?
The key thing is to remember
Save First than Spend and not Spend and Save what is left over. -
RE: Any good Investment recommendations?
lovemylife:
I am sure that many of us are looking for investment policy that can help us to fight inflation out there and saving money inside bank is definitely not the way out as the interest rates nowadays are pathetically low, I am preg with my second child now and got sack cos of this although my boss put it in a nice way but I know is cos of the pregnancy that why he sacked me, and I am really hoping to find better ways to earn money.. My husband is earning well, however, I don't really like feeling of spending his money, I will hope to be able to earn some side incomes that are just enough for me to spend on luxuries shopping hahahha... enw , not matter what who will say No to more money?
I think now is not to look for investment, it is to lodge a complain against MOM for the unlawful dismissal.