moomoo2:Thanks for your reply. Can share your itinerary with me?[/quote]Me too... Would love to review your itinerary , djl. Can pm me ? Thanks !Hello, we (2A1C) like these hotels:djl:[quote=\"moomoo2\"]Hi,
Plan to visit Tokyo, Osaka and Koyto from 1/12/2015 to 13/12/2015.
Any recommendation for accommodation in Tokyo and Osaka for 2A and 2C?
Tokyo
Hotel Ryumeikan Tokyo
Near Tokyo Station (about 5-7 minutes' walk at 6-year-old's pace)
Convenience shop (Family Mart) nearby
Tokyo Station itself has a Daimaru with lovely food hall
Rooms have Nespresso machine and yummy snacks
Keio Plaza
Established hotel about 7-10 minutes' walk (6-year-old's pace) from Shinjuku Station
Rooms are pretty decent
Osaka
Hotel Monterey Grasmere Osaka
Practically next to JR Namba station
OCAT terminal is next door to the hotel (OCAT = Osaka City Air Terminal which is a bus terminal for the Airport Limousine Bus Services for Kansai and Itami airports)
There's a shopping centre with a supermarket next to the hotel
Hotel has a stone chapel inside (recreation of an English chapel)
Hope this helps!
Posts
-
RE: Travel: Japan - General
-
RE: DSA 2015
Nebbermind:
Am sure he will love to collect COs...for his junior.
Can offer @p5 but would iRab be interested or not?Just4Fun:
Yup, NUSH started to give by end P5. HCI gave to very special ones in Jun... That was last year batch.
Whether his junior is interest or not, that is another story :siam:
PS : BTW, NBM, u hv not answered my inquiry in the other thread leh. -
RE: BOOK Fairs
ChiefKiasu:
Sure ! Free some more.. Ebooks
Oooooo! The Three Investigators! :drool:Just4Fun:
Agree. Maybe try selling in this forum.. Can fetch a better pricing.
But then, if you hv those antique classic books, like The Three Investigators ( my favorites ), these can fetch good $$$ too.
You have? I wan!
For physical ones, I hv just a few. Wanted to collect the whole series but gave up when I saw the price tag at Bras basah :siam: -
RE: BOOK Fairs
Pen88n:
It is not worth the effort to lug your books to sell to Bras Basah 2nd hand bookshops. They literally pay you cents for your books.[/quote]Agree. Maybe try selling in this forum.. Can fetch a better pricing.
Brash Basah complex ground floor has this 2nd hand bookshop called \"Evernew\", at the corner. They do accept 2nd hand books, and in turn sell to others.phtthp:
[quote=\"EIA mum\"]Not sure if someone has asked this question before. But is there any avenue to sell second story books? As my children has outgrown some books and it's taking up space at home.
Appreciate information on this. Thanks.
alternately, if u wish to donate books, besides donating to National library, may also donate to your child's primary school library, so that other students got chance to use them too.
But then, if you hv those antique classic books, like The Three Investigators ( my favorites ), these can fetch good $$$ too. -
RE: DSA 2015
sleepy:
Yup, NUSH started to give by end P5. HCI gave to very special ones in Jun... That was last year batch.
Which school gave CO so soon? NUSH?Just4Fun:
Your turn will come next year.. But hor, your DS may get CO by year end
You better check with Nvm if he could give u some tips :evil: -
RE: Mummy iFirefly's Bright Sparks
iFirefly:
Aiyo... How I wish! No lah, he was just helping out. So which page hor :evil: ?:
@ Just4Fun.. You have a copy of the 2014/2015 School Report booklet? You must be at the Award Presentation too. Congrats !
: -
RE: BOOK Fairs
EIA mum:
Can try bras basah complex or donate to public libraryNot sure if someone has asked this question before. But is there any avenue to sell second story books? As my children has outgrown some books and it's taking up space at home.
Appreciate information on this. Thanks.
-
RE: DSA 2015
iRabbit:
Walau, asking parents to enjoy the process is like asking patients to enjoy root canal treatment. :siam:[/quote]Your turn will come next year.. But hor, your DS may get CO by year endJust4Fun:
[quote=\"Ah Bee\"]I called RGS last week and they mentioned that they will send email to those who will be shortlisted for interview (those not selected for half day programme) and will also send to those unsuccessful one. The whole dsa process should end by end Aug.
Normally, COs will start distributing as early as just before the national day holidays. Last year, RGS was the first to make such announcement.
Good luck to all ... And try to relax and enjoy the process... Whatever the outcome is....
You better check with Nvm if he could give u some tips :evil:
-
RE: Mummy iFirefly's Bright Sparks
iRabbit:
Talking about Sheldon, he was top 120 in IMO 2015 despite being only 16 years old. Lim Jeck was top 10! :yikes:
How come you know , Irabbit?Just4Fun:
[quote=\"iRabbit\"][
Congratulations on your ds' top award in the RI presentation yesterday. Your boy is really good, I'll give him that. :salute:
Can I send my labbit to him for coaching? How much he charge?
Wow, you must be very very proud of your DS1, FF. :congrats:
So which page can I find his name ? I saw some familiar names like Alex Tan & Sheldon Tan... Wonder if the name of vlim's DS is inside the list too?
These boys eat what big one huh?
https://www.imo-official.org/hall.aspx?column=awards&order=desc&nameform=western&gender=hide&&block=1[/quote]Don't know leh.. I just know AT, past PSLE national top , drinks chicken jinx. :censored:
Mebbe we also need to find out FF's DS eat what big one or drink what small two hor? -
RE: Mummy iFirefly's Bright Sparks
iRabbit:
Why can't I know? I cannot have nephews in RI meh? :censored:[/quote]+ one potential RI-student-cum-future scholar son. Ok you win liao
How come you know , Irabbit?Just4Fun:
[quote=\"iRabbit\"][
Congratulations on your ds' top award in the RI presentation yesterday. Your boy is really good, I'll give him that. :salute:
Can I send my labbit to him for coaching? How much he charge?
Wow, you must be very very proud of your DS1, FF. :congrats:
So which page can I find his name ? I saw some familiar names like Alex Tan & Sheldon Tan... Wonder if the name of vlim's DS is inside the list too?