I think the first step is to start recording whatever you are spending on. This way, you will be able to see the accounts and diagnose which are the areas which you may be spending the most: Food? Luxury Items? Entertainment?
However, it is important to note that there are some things which are difficult to minimise. For example, it would not be very realistic to stop your mobile phone plan to save 30-40 dollars a month. This kind of thing is quite hard to minimize
Also, there is a limit to how much you can reduce your expenditure, but there is no limit to how much you can earn. So instead of thinking how to reduce expenditure, you may also want to explore the different ways which you can increase your income
Posts
-
RE: How do you control your spending?
-
RE: giveaway iphones
Thinking about it, the resale value of an old phone may be quite negligible. I do think that it is better to keep the old phone in case the new one spoils or malfunctions… then at least you would have a phone to use. Trade-ins may also be a good option
-
RE: Generation who refuse to grow up
Maybe thats why there is national service to teach the boys to become men. Serve the nation and become a real man at the same time. two birds with one stone.
-
RE: Cosway Franchise
I would believe that cosway is inspired by amway, because I have read up on the company history and amway is quite an established player in this whole mlm thing. they even have a hotel, if I’m not mistaken
-
RE: Feedback of Amway?
My wife likes Tupperware. The containers are indestructible one. I believe they have some sort of an mlm marketing channel to push their products out into the market. I do believe that they advertise on the main traditional media as well.
I think a lot of vitamins and supplements companies have some sort of mlm marketing channel because there is a recurrence of the consumption of the core product. -
RE: Retiring at Iskandar Malaysia
Yes! safety is something which is quite priceless. I know of many "scary" incidents in JB which always makes me think twice before I decide to head there.
Singapore is one of the few countries where you can walk around at 3am in the middle of the night and still hope to come back home alive. During my years, in Europe, the golden rule was to be back before the sunset, because once the night falls, the danger is really real.
Therefore, we must not take the safety and peace of mind we have in Singapore for granted! -
RE: Sunday Times $$ section
Yes, there are times when the paper if full of all those full page ads. Sometimes I wonder whether I’m reading newspapers or advertisements. Especially those free papers, the advertisement to news ratio can be quite surprising
-
RE: Branded Watches
Panerai may be a good option, if you happen to like large and "sporty" faces and "oversized" faces. But for resale definitely rolex.
For almost any other watch brand, the depreciation can be quite drastic once it goes into the second-hand market -
RE: Any good Investment recommendations?
Yes, unfair dismissal may be quite valid and may be worth a try. i have heard of some cases of employees who managed to get some decent compensation. But like anything, there will be a risk of not getting any compensation if your employer has a truly valid reason (or is able to come up with one in his defence).
-
RE: Executive condominium?
if you have a regular property agent, you can ask him/her to comb the market for some good recommendations. If not you can do it with some of the agents at the open house if they happen to be organizing any