Hi Fettuccine, I presume you’re staying around East Coast Area. Base on my opinion, Ngee Ann Primary School is better than Tanjong Katong Primary School. Moreover Ngee Ann is affliciated to Ngee Ann Secondary School (good sec school). Another school you may consider is Saint Stephen School which is afflicated to St Patrick’s School & St Joseph’s Institution. But SSS students are not very good in Chinese. Majority are Anh Mohs in the School. But it still base on your child’s capability. I notice alot of parents just register their child in top school without thinking whether the child is able to cope anot. At the end of the day, the one that suffers is the kid and the parents will get stress by the competition in school.
Posts
-
RE: [Geylang] Primary Schools
-
RE: [Geylang] Primary Schools
Hi, If you lived within the vicinity of the following schools, which would you choose?
1) Kong Hwa School
2) Tao Nan School
3) Ngee Ann Primary School
4) Geylang Methodist School
6) Tanjong Katong Primary School
7) MacPherson Primary School
Saint Stephen School -
RE: [Geylang] Primary Schools
Hi Mr ChiefKiasu
I intend to sign up as a parent volunteer for my K1 son who is going to primary school in year 2010. I am staying within 1 km away from Kong Hwa school but outside 2km of Geylang Methodist School. I’ve not decided which school I shd work as parent volunteer. I heard that Kong Hwa is going to shift temporary to Maha Bodi (current temporary premises at circuit road in Year 2009). They are going to renovate the school which takes about 2 years to complete. Now I’m at a lost which I shd pick for my second son. My elder son is in Machperson Primary School. He is born in the Year of Dragon and was balloted out when I registered him in Kong Hwa School in Year 2006. I did not join Parent Volunteer during that time becos Kong Hwa School has more than enough parent volunteers during my elder son’s time. So they are not able to take in anymore PVs. But now for my second son, I was selected by them to work as PV. I heard the standard of Geylang Methodist is the same as Kong Hwa School. May I have your advice on this. Tks so much
I need your advice on which school to -
RE: Comparing Chinese Enrichment (Primary/Preschool)
Hi Parents,
Have anybody heard of Molin Tutorial Centre located at GRTH Building (East Coast Road) 2 buildings away from katong Mall? Kindly give some feedback.
Also, which of the following school will you pick?
1) Molin tutorial Centre
2) Tien Hsia Language School
3) Berries
4) Yuquan Language School
5) Skylace Language School
6) Jiang Education Centre
Tks so much -
RE: [Bedok] Primary Schools
Yes I agree that their chinese language suck as is below national level. But other subject like English Maths and Science is above national level. How do you fair St Stephen School vs MacPherson Primary School. I would appreciate your genuine feedback on these 2 schools. My son is currently in MacPherson Primary School. He is born in the Year of Dragon so chances of transferring to other good school near my house ie. Kong Hwa, Geylang Methoist, Hong Wen, Ngee Ann are very slim. I have opted for St Stephen School because it is affliated to St Joesphe Institution and St Patrick School
-
RE: [Bedok] Primary Schools
St Stephen’s School @ Siglap.
Hi, does any parents who have kids in these school. Would appreciate it very much if someone can give feedback about this school in terms of academic, cca etc. Many thanks. -
RE: [Geylang] Primary Schools
Maha Bodi’s current location is just their temporary premises. As next year they’ll be shifting back to Eunos. From my house to Eunos is quite far and in the morning always jam. How is MacPherson Primary School. Is it good? I’m staying within 1 km to Kong Hwa but outside 2 km for Gelyang Methoist school & Ngee Ann Primary School. But hard to get into these schools. I’m not a parent volunteer.
-
[Geylang] Primary Schools
[Moderator's Note: For Balloting History of Geylang schools, click http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/geylang.]
Have anyone heard of MacPherson Primary School. Could someone kindly provide some feeback about this school in terms of academic, sports etc. Many thanks.
2012 P1 Registration Balloting Statistics (SC<1km, 1km<SC<2km, SC>2km, PR<1km, 1km<PR<2km, PR>2km)
P2C
Canossa Convent Primary
Eunos Primary
Geylang Methodist School (Primary)
Haig Girls’
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=816303#p816303 - 76 applicants vs 42 places
MacPherson Primary
Maha Bodhi -
RE: All About Pre-school Math Enrichment
Abacus formula is not required in Primary 1. What Chief kiasu said is correct. The school used number bonding method. So a child who attend ABACUS and forgot all the formula is as good as learning nothing. Moreover those formula I find are confusing too. By the way, have anyone heard of D’SEED learning Centre located at the basement of Katong Mall? They have maths enrichment called Concept Maths for Kindergarten Students. Can some parents pls give me some feedback. Many thanks.