Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Manlim008
    3. Posts
    M
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 55
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: DSA 2014

      Pen88n:
      Manlim008:

      Since I would also be waiting for DSA/Prelim/PSLE results, may I ask when would be the best pocket of time to plan for a short holiday?


      You can plan for the following period:
      1) Anytime immediately after PSLE till mid Nov - most schools do not mind P6 students not going school after PSLE as long as you inform the teacher earlier
      2) Early Dec to mid Dec - after PSLE results are out and you have about 1 week to opt schools for S1 posting, and be back before school posting is out
      3) Christmas to New Year period - that's the last short period before school reopen. But if you have submitted appeal for other sec school, not too ideal to travel during this period.

      Hope this helps.

      Thanks!

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      M
      Manlim008
    • RE: DSA 2014

      Since I would also be waiting for DSA/Prelim/PSLE results, may I ask when would be the best pocket of time to plan for a short holiday?

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      M
      Manlim008
    • RE: DSA 2014

      OrangeJuice:
      hi, I read this thread actively to learn more about DSA and intended to share good news or bad news when the results are out, we can then rejoice with those who succeed but encourage those who didn't make it and to inspire our kids to work hard in the PSLE. Lately, I realized that this thread has become more of a \"blame\" thread, blame in schools, system, geppers etc . So I thought maybe I wont post anything, just read the stuff that is useful.


      However, when I recently read that someone said it is easy for any Gepper to score 85% in an exams and another said that parents of geppers do the project on behalf of their kids, I owe it to the hardworking geppers to speak up here. if you are not a parent of a gepper or not a gepper, please don't make such unfair statements.

      I have 2 kids, elder one from MS and younger one from GEP. with my elder one, I had no idea what a GEP program is like, I did thot that maybe they do have certain advantage but my approach is since my DD isn't in GEP, I will focus what is best for her and work around the MS focus, I encouraged her to DSA for 2 schools but she failed. I spoke to her after that and she worked hard and got into her school with v much hardwork on her own.

      when my younger one got into GEP, it was an eye opener for us. It is a tough program, do you know how many projects and papers they have to submit on top of their daily schoolwork. But I can see that with DS character, he is happier and learning more in a GEP than in MS when he was considered to a naughty boy. Granted that some parents may help in their kids' projects but I am sure that there are also many Geppers like my DS who does everything on his own. Please give some credit to the hardwork of these kids. Their schoolwork is really challenging and it isn't easy to achieve more than 80%, it takes hardwork and lots of time management. Don't forget that these geppers only really start to get ready for PSLE in the 2nd term of school. i am not saying that the Geppers have it tougher than MS but from my experience with my 2 kids, both MS and GEP have the different good and bad.

      We all go into DSA knowing the rules of the games, what I personally believe is that we try our best, encourage our kids and take the route that we know best suited for our children.

      Hence I hope that the DSA 2014 thread focuses on sharing without prejudes and that we are here to learn and to rejoice or encourage each other together.

      Hope no one is mad with my post and that our exchanges here be back to DSA 2014.

      Thank you !
      I agree with you. I have a gepper child. They have many projects to juggle along with other school work. This may be difficult for some to visualize. Having a separate entry requirement for geppers make me feel that their late nights indeed pay off.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      M
      Manlim008
    • RE: DSA 2014

      I have not heard anything from sngs on the interview. Can anybody shed some light here?

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      M
      Manlim008
    • RE: DSA 2014

      My dd had her interview in RGS this afternoon. I had her changed into a clean set of uniform and socks before she went for her interview. She told me it was very relaxing. One girl brought up football and they started talking about World Cup! Blessed! 😂

      posted in Secondary Schools - Selection
      M
      Manlim008
    • RE: Nanyang Primary

      Mvm:
      hamster:

      Ya.. I'm interested to know which P4 classes are HA classes?


      I heard is only 2 HA.

      I understand that 4A is a HA class. Which class is your dd going to?

      Has this been finalised already? So far I've not heard from the school.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Manlim008
    • RE: Nanyang Primary

      There is no such thing as GEP Chinese, it is just Higher Chinese (same as any other students taking HC in NYPS) but the these kids are stretched in terms of tougher practice worksheets, etc. I’m speaking from what I observed in my DD (this year GEP P5). Their Chinese practice worksheets are no joke. We spent relatively long hours doing them with her.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Manlim008
    • RE: Nanyang Primary

      cam anybody confirm those P3 students not selected for GEP (X classes), META (Y classes), would be streamed to HA/MA classes? How many classes of each category and what are the criterias for those selected in META and HA/MA classes? Thanks a lot!

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Manlim008
    • RE: Nanyang Primary

      I’m interested to know what do these kids gain from joining META? If these kids choose not to join META, would they still be considered HA students? I know META students have to change classes to accomodate the geppers. I thought geppers wuold benefit more for such mingling!

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Manlim008
    • RE: Nanyang Primary

      May I know the benefit of (non-geppers) going to META? This group of kids are HA students, I would presume? Besides this group of kids who are selected for META, is there another group of HA that is not selected for META?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      Manlim008
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy