Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. marisstella
    3. Posts
    M
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 29
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Maris Stella High School

      Hoya:
      Thanks Eriskang, what you wrote is very encouraging. Current I am very worried about the discipline issue in my boy's class. Teachers can't control the boys and son is complaining everyday that the class is noisy and he can't hear and concentrate during lessons. Hopefully the situation will improve.

      That sound really bad.
      My DS told me some classes is okay & the teacher can control but others is not. He told me he have to take his chair and go to the front so as listen properly.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • RE: Maris Stella High School

      Hi Eriskang,

      Thank you for taking the time out from your studies to write in this forum. All the best to your O level.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • RE: Maris Stella High School

      heyhoe:
      Thanks.It's kinda upsetting when I was told he had to stay back till 7pm.He didn'r even know what he'll be doing nor where he's going.


      I'm worried he might be too tired as he has been getting home late these few days.
      The school closes at 5pm.
      Maybe you can ask your DS to create whatsapp group so that they can discuss what to do and where to meet. My DS did it for his science, IT and music. Once project handed in, he will delete the group.
      If your DS comes back so late, there will be no time for homework or revision. Please take care.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • RE: Maris Stella High School

      My DS did his shooting yesterday too and will be editing today for submission by 30 April.

      They were given this task about a month ago but everyone was to busy to write the script on what to film.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • RE: Maris Stella High School

      I just heard from my DS that there was a fight between a sec 2 and sec 3 boy. A police report was also filed. I sincerely hope the school don’t leave everything to the kids. There must be a line drawn for basic discipline.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • RE: Maris Stella High School

      English and HCL paper 1 will be this Thursday. Good luck to all the DS here.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • RE: Maris Stella High School

      Today sports day is a mess again.

      Each level is supposed to have 2 teams from 2 classes completing the relay for each house but they left it to the kids again and only 2 teams from 1 class participated. Even with the house captain intervention, it doesn’t helps. Some boys were left disappointed. Sigh.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • RE: Singapore Sports School

      dlye:
      Best to check with SSP directly; I'm not too familiar with transfers.


      Academics depends on the course.
      They have the usual 4 year O level course,
      6 year IB Program and potentially a 7 year with a tie up with RP

      They recently produced a President's Scholar too,
      Thank you dlye

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • RE: Maris Stella High School

      heyhoe:
      marisstella:

      [quote=\"heyhoe\"]Does your ds brings macbook to school everyday? Is it true that all homeworks assignments are done thru macbook?


      Initially, it was for IT lesson only but now, it is everyday.
      If there is CCA, he will lock it up in his school cabinet. I am so worry that it will get lost but so far so good.

      From the start, I route all the email to my account but due to a recent hack, I can't do it now. I am still working on it...

      Most assignment are done on macbook.
      In fact, most teachers email them daily on homework (like working adult).. feels so stress! Even for some activities, the boys have to register on-line!!!

      Your DS can also rely on whatsapp which the kids uses to help each other on homework but it can turns out badly with uncalls inetrruption, disturbance, spam, bullying, etc... sigh

      Ask him to keep those adminstrate by the class chairman.
      I hope it helps..


      Thanks, MarisStella.[/quote]You are welcome.
      We just wanted the best for the kids.
      I hope we can get them get through the maze..

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • RE: Maris Stella High School

      heyhoe:
      Does your ds brings macbook to school everyday? Is it true that all homeworks assignments are done thru macbook?

      Initially, it was for IT lesson only but now, it is everyday.
      If there is CCA, he will lock it up in his school cabinet. I am so worry that it will get lost but so far so good.

      From the start, I route all the email to my account but due to a recent hack, I can't do it now. I am still working on it...

      Most assignment are done on macbook.
      In fact, most teachers email them daily on homework (like working adult).. feels so stress! Even for some activities, the boys have to register on-line!!!

      Your DS can also rely on whatsapp which the kids uses to help each other on homework but it can turns out badly with uncalls inetrruption, disturbance, spam, bullying, etc... sigh

      Ask him to keep those adminstrate by the class chairman.
      I hope it helps..

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      M
      marisstella
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 2 / 3
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy