Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. momof3littles
    3. Posts
    M
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 2
    • Posts 4
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • Mummy momof3littles: Newbie here from the US

      Hello, I accidentally found this website while looking into schools for my kids. I am a Chinese American mom living in the US and we might be moving to Singapore for my husband’s job. My children are 4, 2, and 1. I did not understand what kiasu meant but am finding everything here very intriguing. I guess I would consider my husband and myself kiasu parents here in the States. We have always looked into helping our children prepare for elementary school, which you would consider primary. We are considered a little more "intense" than other parents here, but most Asian parents do push more based on our own upbringing.


      I also posted a question regarding peanut allergies under the Child Management section and will most likely ask you all for more information if our plans for Singapore come through.

      posted in Newbies & Clubs
      M
      momof3littles
    • Peanut allergies

      Hello, I am new here. I am Chinese American mother of three children, 4, 2, and 1 living in the US. We might be relocating to Singapore next year for a year or two for my husband’s job. My 2 year old son was diagnosed with a peanut allergy. Peanut allergies are very common and on the rise here in the US. I don’t know how he got it because nobody in our family has it. I don’t have to worry too much about him accidentally eating things with peanuts here because preschools, kindergartens and primary schools are very conscious about not allowing any type of nut products in their schools. When the kids get older, they are separated from other children without allergies.


      In your opinions, what are the risks of my son eating snacks with peanuts if I were to enroll him in preschool if we move to Singapore? Is this type of allergy seem strange in Singapore? Should I keep him at home to prevent him from being exposed? Thanks so much!

      posted in Health
      M
      momof3littles
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy