Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Picolo
    3. Posts
    P
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 5
    • Posts 535
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Calling uncle vks2010 to come back

      Picolo:
      fightingmom:

      Ok ok... Ahjussi.. I promise I will not ask you to share your :love: story again. Don't want adopt avatar also nebbermind... :please: :please:


      :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: so funnie...

      Maybe in real life he complain to mrs vk about all these ma fun ksp aunties, then mrs vk tell him \"quit lah!!! Y so popomama\".

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      Picolo
    • RE: Calling uncle vks2010 to come back

      fightingmom:
      Ok ok... Ahjussi.. I promise I will not ask you to share your :love: story again. Don't want adopt avatar also nebbermind... :please: :please:

      :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: so funnie...

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      Picolo
    • RE: Calling uncle vks2010 to come back

      MR06:
      mamago:

      [quote=\"BeContented\"]I have been monitoring the online users.....vks2010 never appear....... :sad:



      He off his online/offline status...

      mamago

      Did u read the threads that made vks :mad: ?
      What's in there?[/quote]Yalor... y wanna quit? Has it got to do with those teacher-slamming posts? Teaching is such a thankless job, 吃力不讨好.

      Actually I'm in a dilemma whether to plead vk2010 to come back... cos he's one main reason y I'm so addicted to ksp. So if he quits, it makes it much easier for me to kick the die-hard habit of idle-surfing ksp unnecessarily. I can be more efficient in my work n earn more $$$, spend more quality time with the kids, etc etc...

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      Picolo
    • RE: MP echoes calls for PSLE to be scrapped

      verykiasumummy:

      made me recall my ds's teacher who was pregnant and took very long leave, i suppose 6-7mths.. she left hurriedly and no one knows why... maybe the teachers and principal knows but parents were not informed... the sch sent a relief teacher to teach thru the entire yr till after exams and the teacher is back... worse still, the relief teacher was changed 3 times throughout the period...

      this is what poor management is...
      Having relief teachers for a stretched period is a very common issue esp. for P3 and P4 classes, regardless of the popularity of the school concerned. The problem is exacerbated when the quality of relief teachers is extremely poor, to the extent of teaching the kids the wrong concepts, or these teachers having poor anger/stress/class management etc... we should pressure MOE to resolve this perennial problem first before talking about reducing the class size.

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      Picolo
    • RE: I can't stand this - RI parent !

      Moderator's note: Quote removed.


      caught up with the auntie after she dropped the kid off at RI gate 1[/quote]

      Kudos to VK to highlight such reckless drivers. They are worst UGLY PARENTS around.

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      Picolo
    • RE: MP echoes calls for PSLE to be scrapped

      KSP:
      vlim:


      to me if no PSLE to determine who go which school i find no motivation for me and dd to set target to work towards to.....

      unless our society is soooooooo Kaisu that the kiasuism can self-sustain even without the push of PSLE.....

      If there's no more PSLE, I'll suka suka let my kids pontang school, but not at the expense of CCA training & competitions. I'll organise more gatherings with friends with children, let the kids network from young. There will be more PARENTOCRACY.

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      Picolo
    • RE: MP echoes calls for PSLE to be scrapped

      Lynn2010:

      Hi Picolo,

      the time given is actually 1hr 10min to do a compo and a situational writing. Teachers usually advise students to take 50 min to write the compo, 5 min to check. 10min to write the situational writing, 5min to check.
      I do know that EL Paper 1 has 2 components (compo and situational writing) and total time given is 1 hr 10min. My son's teacher has advised the whole class to set aside 25 mins for the situational writing to secure those marks, and leaving 50 - 55 min for compo. Any time you can squeeze from the situational writing is a bonus.
      Lynn2010:
      Given enough practise, yes, it is do-able. Unfortunately, as far as i know, children are given very little compo practise in sch. I know of a kid who did one compo in the first semester. While i understand the teacher has to mark almost 40 compos for every one compo given, still i think one compo per semester is too pathetic. How to get enough practise?? Perhaps then this is why parents have to resort to tuition - creative writing classes whereby kids get to write at least one compo a week.
      Of course, given enough practice anything should be more or less do-able, no? But at what cost?! You seem to be suggesting that every student should have at least one compo practice a week from your post, then it is do-able. The GEP classes have about 25 students a class. 25 compos weekly to mark weekly. So, is it justifiable for the GEP teacher to give her students 1 compo a week? How many of them does it? I know of many GEP and HA students who go for such weekly writing classes. In fact, it's the smart kids dominating those branded writing classes because they can withstand the drilling and high standards. Even for them to finish a well-written compo in 30 min is possible.

      Actually, giving more time for PSLE Compo will help to change the mindset of the kiasu parents. Currently it's just a lot of over-preparation. You see parents sign their kids for writing classes as early as P1s. :siao:

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      Picolo
    • RE: MP echoes calls for PSLE to be scrapped

      I am all for PSLE to stay. After all, it is the Primary School Leaving Examination. The P6 students do need to take a standardised test nationwide so as to settle into the right places as they leave their primary schools, regroup and move on to new secondary schools. For those who are for scrapping, I wonder if they already have somewhat secured places in popular schools via affiliations or GEP. 🦆


      I also wonder why until now, nobody has brought up the issue of the time given for PSLE EL & CL Compo - it's only 50 minutes! Need to produce a logical and reasonable plot, plan how to start, how to end with a nice and sensible conclusion, check mistakes in spelling/grammar/sentence structure... Phew! I had the shock of my life when I realised how much the standard of Compo has gone up a few years ago when my eldest son started P2. His & his classmates' P2 Compos were more atas than my Sec 2 Compo! Despite the fact that primary school students are expected to turn in high standard of writing over the years, the time given has not increased. I find this perplexing and quite disturbed by it... Cos I'm a left-hander and I also cannot write fast :oops: But more importantly and relevant to the rest, I think giving such a tight time limit (in my opinion lah) gives undue stress to the kids and their parents. Those who want to do well tend to overprepare to the extremes. It also encourages parents to send their kids to Creative Writing classes so that their kids are exposed to as many scenarios as possible (can regurgitate model compos given by enrichment centres) and if they have regular weekly practices, they should have sufficient competencies (writing skills and speed) to meet the high demands. The tight time limit gives undue stress to the poor kids and their parents. I think the kids deserve better childhood and the parents better parenthood.

      Can't more time, like 1 hr 10 mins or 1 hr 15 mins (or maybe more) be given instead? When we step into the working world, any of our bosses set a timer to 50-min and say die-die must hand in report when time's up?

      posted in Recess Time
      P
      Picolo
    • RE: KS Parents' Love Story

      fightingmom:
      Picolo:

      [quote=\"fightingmom\"]
      Wah.. Another Marathon love story.... Wanna share here , Picolo ?

      :please: :please:

      kekeke but i :oops: shy lei... maybe some snippets okie...

      Yes, yes! :please: :please:[/quote] 😓 Will take queue. After vk n BeContented mebbe...

      okie... sweet dreams everyone... sure can after some visiotainment from buds

      posted in Relationships
      P
      Picolo
    • RE: KS Parents' Love Story

      fightingmom:
      buds:



      You meant this wan? :evil:

      http://www.xcomment.com/g1/img/anime_Sextoons___big_boobs110607080559.gif\">

      Wah... Buds..in the middle of the night , you making us nose bleed ! :nosebleed: :nosebleed:

      :rotflmao:

      Triple agree :nosebleed: :nosebleed: :nosebleed:
      Err, why r u keeping the assets in leotard now?

      posted in Relationships
      P
      Picolo
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy