Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Puffer
    3. Posts
    P
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 5
    • Posts 174
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)

      I logged in on the first day at about 8.15am and true enough, some slots have already been ‘booked’. I believe the teachers have block booked most of these slots too as they might want to see these pupils’ parents. This happens to my girl’s school (MGS) as well.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      Puffer
    • RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)

      8228:
      yukilei, where are those CIP activities listed? My ds does not know.

      A lot of school's happenings, CIP included, are posted in EMBs where students are expected to check daily. I don't know where else you can get the CIP info from. And yes, CIP is compulsory and there's a minimum requirement to meet by end of the year.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      Puffer
    • RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)

      If you look at the report carefully, marks under Avg, Highest, Lowest are based on class level, not across consortium or cohort. As pointed out, class teachers set their own tests and assignments so different standards are pitched according to individual subject teacher.


      DS has a mean grade of 2.0 and I think it is creditable. I wonder what is the range for oral participation points - up to 10? Also, beside ‘Excellent’ and ‘Good’, are there ‘Very Good’ or ‘Poor’ for work attitude?

      I also notice that under ISP, DS is registered for 6 approved subjects. What about 3rd Language? How can we register for his 3rd Lang and can it be included?

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      Puffer
    • RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)

      Hi, does anyone know if the Sec 1 CCA results is out yet? If so, where can I find it?

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      Puffer
    • RE: Brand of Ground Coffee

      konken:
      You guys uses the french press or the filter drip coffee machine? I prefer the capsule system which is much faster, easier to clean up and gives a stronger shot.

      I have the Nespresso machine using the capsule but only use on weekends - on normal weekpe day mornings, I'll use the vietnamese typed filter drip from coffee powder.

      posted in Tuckshop
      P
      Puffer
    • RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)

      stuipfun69:
      Puffer:

      Any parents' DS from 1A3?



      Hi, yes my ds is in 1A3 too! :rahrah: Nice to meet you!

      Hi, great to know your ds in the same class as mine! Did your ds tell you what are the topics to be tested for the 5th Feb Math Test? My ds is really bochap - asked him and the response was the usual 'don't know'.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      Puffer
    • RE: Brand of Ground Coffee

      janet_lee88:
      I drink my 'ah chek' coffee every morn.

      Palembang powder, bought from my regular shop along Bukit Timah towards KK.
      Hi Janet_lee88, I also can't function without coffee (at least 2 cuppas). My regular fix (other than from the regular coffeeshop) is Suzuki brand ground Sumatra Mandheling from NTUC. I am looking for ground coffee which is strong, full-bodied but not sour-ish. Wonder if the 'ah chek' coffee fit in?

      posted in Tuckshop
      P
      Puffer
    • RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)

      Any parents’ DS from 1A3?

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      Puffer
    • RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)

      puahph:
      I jus tried logging in, but doesn't work....it says invalid userid or password, and i will be logged out after 11 consecutive tries. So i better wait for the password to arrive.


      ds is in 1A2, any parents kid same class?
      Use capital letter P and the BC no. in small case.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      Puffer
    • RE: Hwa Chong Institution (High School)

      Hello! Managed to login to ISP though Dr Chew, Aphelion director said we should be expecting sch's letter informing us of the login userid and password. Just key in Pxxx (DS' BC) and xxx (BC) for password. Impressed with the setup and believe will be very useful for us parents I.e. tracking academic, cca and discipline records etc.


      For the symposium, thought Dr Hon was very humorous and impt keynotes were addressed, however, he seemed to have forgotten to elaborate on the cca, which was why most of the questions raised by parents were on cca during the Q&A session. :gloomy: :g

      DS is in 1A3.

      posted in Secondary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      P
      Puffer
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 5
    • 6
    • 17
    • 18
    • 4 / 18
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy