Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. ramgee
    3. Posts
    R
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 5
    • Posts 40
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Teaching Values

      I teach part time to young adults from early this year. I am appalled by their casual language. Using foul language (in class) is not considered disrespectful. I am pretty sure they carry this language back home as well. Swearing is habitual for many they are quite casual about using or listening to it. Laziness to find a more appropriate word combined with wanting to be "hep" has reduced many youngsters to swearing and uncouth individuals. When I say “Watch your language”, they usually quieten up in class. But I wonder why the society has become so accepting of foul language. It is not so in many homes and I hope many schools. The recent NTU valedictorian video has left me more worried about my two young boys.

      Do we need a “Need some shame” campaign?

      posted in Working With Your Child
      R
      ramgee
    • Child - Teacher not getting along

      My DS is in P2, a bright child who is curious. His handwriting has gone from bad to worse of late. Elderly class teacher is quite strict and finds him rushing to finish the work, rather than worry about completion and neatness. I agree with her to a large extent and have been working with DS on improving handwriting and reviewing his work.

      DS also likes to throw his worksheets into the bag while rushing back home, instead of placing them in his file. The crumpled sheets look bad. He admitted that he submits them in the middle of the pile so that the teacher doesn’t scold him.
      I am confused on how to motivate him to be "neat" with his work. The worsing relationship with his class teacher is not helping.
      Yesterday, he came home with a note that his was whistling in class. He can’t whistle yet. And he is certainly not insolent. He tells me he was practising his blow tune from the brass band in the morning, in his music class - when the teacher was teaching music. The form teacher also handled him from P1, he was a class topper last year.
      I am at a loss on how to fix this relationship. Ideas please!

      posted in Working With Your Child
      R
      ramgee
    • RE: Past Year Exam Papers

      Mrs. Wong,


      I was trying to download the P3 Maths and Science PDFs, but only the content page came up. Could be a upload issue? Could you kindly have the files uploaded?

      Thanks!

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      R
      ramgee
    • RE: Losing Weight via Slimming Centres

      And any package is not good enough once you sign up! There are always add-ons to keep draining the pocket.

      I actually am get stressed out, when in the middle of my facial the consultant walks in to "recommend" this and that extra… I am pretty sure this would hold good for the slimming etc.
      I always would find an excuse that I didn’t have time to exercise. If I have time to commute to the slimming centre and spend a good hour there, I guess that would easily amount to three weekday workouts 🙂

      posted in Health
      R
      ramgee
    • Student protection plan

      Hi, My DS is in primary school now and I have seen the NTUC student protection plan pamphlet.


      Any comments on the usefulness or otherwise of this or similar plans?

      Thanks!

      posted in Money Matters
      R
      ramgee
    • RE: Losing Weight via Slimming Centres

      I am so surprised that even the sensible of the sensible get fascinated by the "magic" slimming ads. You just need to flip through the "Today" to see numerous ads for slimming/trimming/enhancing/glowing all in a few minutes/hours or days! At a price ofcourse! Its mostly targeted at the working woman with dispensable cash. And I am not surprised that Truespa got away with $33m on un-served packages?!

      I guess it’s our impatience to see quick results that’s causing these game survivors. If only we stick to the proven routine of exercise and diet control. Comments?

      posted in Health
      R
      ramgee
    • RE: All About Weiqi and Chess

      Hello,


      My son is 7 yrs and has been picking up chess from parents. Hes getting good now and we are wondering if he can join any chess clubs where he gets to play with children who are equally skilled.

      Greatly appreciate your suggestions.

      Thanks!

      posted in Social Time
      R
      ramgee
    • RE: Little Skool House

      I so agree with the positive comments on LSH OCC that I see here. My 03 born son went there for 4 years and now I have enrolled my younger DD to join in 2011.

      posted in Playgroups
      R
      ramgee
    • RE: Non-Tamil Indian Languages (NTIL)

      Hello,


      My son is also doing Hindi as MT in school. Will be in P2 next year. We do not speak Hindi at home. So it has been a challenge.

      I have been asking him to read simple story books (1 page stories), highlight the words that are unfamiliar. We both then refer to the dictionary - Sabdhkosh online is a great resource, and Rajpal Hindi dictionaries (recommended by DAV) : Hindi-Hindi, English-Hindi.

      I am also trying to source some fun comics for him to read. I hear youtube is a good resource but have not spent much time to look for stuff.

      Do share your experiences.

      Cheers!

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      R
      ramgee
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy