One day before nap time my DS and I were playing goodie and baddie.
Me obviously the baddie.
Me: I am gonna use a big long tail to whack youuuuu!
DS: ahhh!!! Ahhh (giggles)… where is your tail?
Me: Here, can’t you seeeee (using funny voice)
And I pretended to ‘whip’ out a longg tail.
DS: What are you?
Me: I am er, ,er (lost for words), dunno, just something with a lonng longg tail!
DS: (Still giggling as I pretended to whack him)…are you a bear?
Me: No lah, bears have no tails what…(not thinking obviously)
DS: Have!!! Theirs is a short short one!
Me: (suddenly awake haha) oh oh…ya…ah…
DS: Mama, you not very very clever leh…
Me: …
Posts
-
RE: Kids say the darnest things...
-
RE: Zion Kindergarten Serangoon
Hi any parents ferry their kid from sengkang or somewhere near here to Zion Serangoon (serangoon gardens) for afternoon session which is 12 noon.
If interested to carpool, please contact me at [email protected]
I will only need one way and of course will pay monthly or every two weeks depends on your preference.
Thank you. -
RE: Zion Kindergarten Serangoon
Honestly, I was so apprehensive about Zion as I didn’t hear much but he was so attracted to the school activity like sportsball & he said he preferred the chinese teacher at Zion serangoon. My friend did tell me it’s a pretty good kindy, long-standing & also more fun.
Ok lah, I was not so impressed with Zion’s small playground cos LSK is quite spacious. Then I visited Calvary which I really really liked and the playground is amazin! Even more so than LSK. But he refused to try there even though got lego play…and he loves lego. I wanted to visit Sunbeam as it’s non aircon and the speech and drama is included in the fee but never got a chance…I just wanted to be very very sure you know.
But in the end, we enrolled him at Zion. He just started this week. Except for one story about the dark dark woods (er, yes he do not like cartoons or anything that doesn’t seem ‘real’ life) which he stood up and asked the teacher to stop and he cried. Poor thing (I been explaining to him woods is nature, no light no electricity but there are owls and nocturnal animals lolx). …he seem to really enjoy the lesson. And the new English teacher is montessori based …she sings she is so fun at times and the chinese teacher is amazing…he actually listens to her!
The english teacher is new…and I saw the K1 or K2 teacher and I just love her…don’t know why. Just a great feeling…and then a parent told me she moved over from LSK…i sure hope she stays. But every parent whom happened to speak to me told me my boy’s nursery chinese teacher is really good. She is great with kids and capturing kids’ attention. One parent said her child once refused to speak mandarin, saying she is not chinese!! lolz. But after Zion and with that chinese teacher, she now loves mandarin and can speak as well:)
And the kids get to have this running sports stuff twice a week, one is sportsball and one is PE. …which I felt is great for him because he hardly gets to go playground near my house as I work from home (now bring my laptop to school to work while I wait for him as my house is not near there). He now eats alot better (guess the running around helps), he feeds himself in school but at home with me he still want me to feed la. Initially when he saw me outside, he will ask me softly please go in with him…on Fri, he actually waved at me and smiled. No more asking me to go in with him.
(My feedback to a fren above about the school so far…For kindergarten, I am not sure if I will continue there…but meanwhile…so far so good.) -
RE: Living Sanctuary Kindergarten
hi any takers for the uniform?
Open to reasonable negotiation.
condition is definitely good since worn less than 1 month. -
Zion Kindergarten Serangoon
Hi there,
I have just recently enrolled my boy in
http://zionkinder.ednoland.com.sg/centres/?dxuid=SG010317
Zion Kindergarten Serangoon
Not the most convenient of places but the teacher to student ratio is pretty decent especially afternoon class.
Principal is very approachable. And so far I don't see any hidden costs....
I hope to meet some parents whom have enrolled their kids in this school.
I am still so unsure but my boy is so insistent on this place even after visiting other schools. So will let him try it out.
If you have any feedback please share
thanks! -
RE: Children Vineyard Montessori Church Kindergarten
sigh...sounds like a great place to start...but i have enrolled him in another school...and i realised koon seng so far away from SK

-
RE: Living Sanctuary Kindergarten
Hi,
We have registered our boy with another school hence selling off:
2 sets of school uniform - $12 each incl mail (lowered price )
3 PE tees - $4 each incl mail if take all 3 $10 (lowered price)
will throw in LSK free bag for 3 purchases & above
Thanks -
RE: Living Sanctuary Kindergarten
bebebub:
sassyfire,
I'm impressed that your boy is able to articulate his thoughts and preferences so well at N2 level. And his mandarin is far better than my dd
I agree that LSK is a great school, and what they provide meets my expectations. I highly recommend the school to my friends. However, if the school is unable to meet your expectations, than it really doesn't matter what others say about the school. You have to decide what you want for your child and assess if the school can provide and meet your expectations.
IMHO, I find a N2 kid a tad too young to fully comprehend and make a \"decision\" on which pre-school he should attend. I assume you have had the chance to observe both schools during lesson time and would be able to judge without relying on the opinions of what others think of the 2 schools. What works for one child may not work for another.
Hi, yup I do agree he is too young to make an informed decision for sure...he just goes by what he hears from us and what he sees. but he was also very vocal in what he likes to wear when he was only 1 ish....lolz...
I think I will do what you mentioned, go and observe other classes and see how it goes....trying to get by this week...ahhhh! not him cos i have too much work on hand to clear.... -
RE: Living Sanctuary Kindergarten
cmeilim:
Sportball is really fun n the instructors r very positive, engaging, professional and well-trained. My boy is at neither school but has attended their holiday camp last Dec. he was less than 3yo n the youngest in the camp n he had so much fun. Till today he still remembers the coaches' names n the classes.
yup i saw the website...it sure looks fun to me too
-
RE: Paya Lebar Methodist Church Kindegarten - Covenant
mashy:
And paya lebar is definitely not suitable if he complains of noise. They have 4 classes in one room. U can try Calvary baptist kindy.
tks...nope i won't change his primary...if i ever give in this time..cos i take i consideration he has never been to a school setting, and we will like him to take to school positively before moving him to a bigger setting so he learns to accept things in his own pace rather than forcing it on him...eventually i am sure he will get used to school so big class small class, it won't make a difference.
chinese class in LSK is only 25mins once a day...not sure if everyday....but i know other schools are longer...so i don't think the 25 mins will be affect him so much...as to just not learning much from it i guess...till he gets over her teaching method? or we just have to reinforce what he learns in chinese class....
enrichment not an option at the moment due to personal matters hence that is why we are so bothered about the chinese part of it....sigh.
but yes, my uncle did make the same comment yesterday as u about changing schools...it came across my mind.
i know i will have to just pray about it and make a final decision soon....tks