Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Seekinghelp
    3. Posts
    S
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 16
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: One of the slowest kid in class...

      concern2:
      He needs to learn to love himself 😢 Sounds like you may the one to turn his life around :shock: before it is too late šŸ˜ž

      My nephew doesn't like me to sit besides him to c him to do his homework. In fact, he felt pressurized with my presence. He wanted to do it alone but yet can spend hrs just to play with his ruler and eraser in his own room. Just to waste the time until it's bedtime or mealtime. :x How to make him love himself??? :?

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      S
      Seekinghelp
    • RE: One of the slowest kid in class...

      Hi,

      He's quite ok in school. He's quite a smart boy if he wants to but lazy to use his brains to think. There's one time, my sis purposely pushed away the water bottle he's holding onto. It splashed onto the floor and he din even bother to get a cloth to clean it up, just let it be. Sometimes, really feel like strangling him.....

      He can be very stubborn and insist his way. Always think that he's in the right...... :stupid: I've no idea how to discipline him. Another sis of mine always asks me to be more patient with him afterall he's still young. To me, he's already 8 yrs old, he should be more initiative in lots of things but he's not. How to train him not to be so lazy?? šŸ˜„

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      S
      Seekinghelp
    • RE: One of the slowest kid in class...

      Hi all,

      I dun just teach him when I'm free. I teach him all the times. I will go through all his hmworks and even make notes of what to study before teaching him. Most of the times, I felt like I'm the student not him. I felt that he doesn't appreciate my effort.

      He does like art alot. So long he has finished his homework, basically, we let him do what he wants. He is afriad of his dad, but his dad is a terribly sux guy. All he does is staying out late, drinking and womanising. I really wish my sis will have the courage to file for a divorce. He din set a gd example to his son. What his son does, exactly like his dad. Like father like son, unfortunately, my nephew is not as smart as his dad. :roll:

      I only hope that he can just sit still and pay attention to what I say when I'm teaching him, that's not asking for too much. But whenever I ask him to complete the assessment book in given time, he will come up with lots of pbs. Going toilet to shit, feeling hungry, drinking water, scratching here and there or feeling sleepy. I know he's trying to avoid. Always complaining there are lots of homework to be done. Compared to his other classmates, he is considered very lucky, he only have to do the school work but his classmates still have to do their tuition work as well. It's double of what he does. Besides, I dun always ask him to do his assessment book.

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      S
      Seekinghelp
    • RE: One of the slowest kid in class...

      Ty all for yr advices. šŸ˜„ It's true that whenever he knows that I'm going to give him some more work, he can really take his own sweet time to complete his work. Especially, when no one is sitting besides him to supervise him, he really takes it for granted. A few pb sums, he can take hrs to complete it only after I woke up and get scolding from me.

      He is extremely lazy too! Lazy to brush his teeth, bathe on his own, go toilet to pee, drink water etc...awaiting orders from us before he does all those things. It is damn tiring and piss off, everyday has to repeat the same old thing just to tell him what to do....my sis expects him to do well in his studies but on the other hand, ask me to let go of him. Thinking that he will do well in studies under no pressure. That's impossible! I do feel stress teaching her son. Talk to him nicely, he ignores u. Always loves to ask stupid ques in wrong timing and love to argue with u. Whenever I ask him to be more serious, he always up to mischief. I really duno how to discipline and communicate with her son. I'm not the patient type. I can be nice to him if he knows how to respect me but when he starts his nonsense, I really can't take it. :x
      His form teacher does punish her students for not completing their work on time, ask them to complete it during recess time or P.E. But it seems like not working for my nephew. He can't be bother most of the time.....

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      S
      Seekinghelp
    • One of the slowest kid in class...

      Hi guys,

      I'm new to this forum. šŸ˜„ My nephew has been giving me headaches...complaints from form teacher times and times again...saying he's slow in completing his work in class.
      Yesterday, there was a Mock Math Exam, he din even complete a single ques of the pb sums in Section C which pissed me off. The Exam is ard the corner, with such speed, he's not going to complete the whole ques.
      How should I guide him so that he can improve on his speed in completing his work? He's also lazy in doublechecking his ans. šŸ˜„

      posted in Primary Schools - Academic Support
      S
      Seekinghelp
    • 1
    • 2
    • 2 / 2
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy