Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. shinming
    3. Posts
    S
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 13
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: JEI/PSLE Math - Discussion

      Mamabear77\" post_id=\"1910939\" time=\"1558165680\" user_id=\"159837:

      Any feedback on teacher xinrong in marine parade?
      Teacher Xinrong is one of the senior teachers within the PSLE Math centres. My DD was with her for P5 and P6. She guided her well. As I understand, Teacher Xinrong used to be teaching in Ang Mo Kio centre but has since been promoted to manage their Hougang centre. My personal opinion is she is a good teacher and click well with my DD.

      posted in Mathematics
      S
      shinming
    • RE: MPM Maths - Discussion

      foccacia:
      Read that MPM method similar to Kumon, this system is personalised to each student and focuses on self-learning with minimum intervention from instructors


      So self-learning is it good? Or depends on individual child?
      Some mathematics concepts and methods I do not see how to self learn without proper coaching unless the kid is very smart.

      posted in Mathematics
      S
      shinming
    • RE: JEI/PSLE Math - Discussion

      Hi Baladevi079a,


      I think you must have mixed up PSLEMath with another centre. :? This centre do not conduct any tests or grade the children. My DD with them since P3, haven't seen her do a test. Every lesson is around learning new concepts. :roll:

      Mama_ambitious:
      Hi, I have some experience with Jei math and can share.

      My son in k2 now, almost a year with them and I find that it was a perfect fit for him. They focus on both mathematical as these are foundation years and developing a sense for problem sums.

      They have a systematic step by step approach. It's a class format yet caters for each child. For foundation years, it's crucial for the kids weaknesses to be focused on, instead of just doing class worksheets on the board for 10 to 12 kids.

      Maybe higher levels that would work!

      But for kindergarten and lower primary I think it's an added advantage to have a class size of 6. The teachers are dedicated and will ensure the kids get the concept before moving on.

      Plus its interactive too. For example,for topic on mony, they are going the extra mile to do a shop activity day to practice real life !!

      My son has benefitted from this centre n it's a steal for that cost and a full 2 hour session.

      They also do tests around school time and based on marking the papers, go back n focus on those areas with the kids individually that they have got wrong. Not just marking papers and asking to do corrections and giving stickers etc. n that ends there.

      So I think it's a place that cares for kids. To top it all, the teacher will give individual ONE to ONE feedback for each KID to parent so parent can focus on it at home in specifics!!

      I'm a working mom, so I call after each class to give feedback an if teacher is busy she will conscientiously call back n entertain on HP too!

      Tough to find Such a high level of service these days!!

      posted in Mathematics
      S
      shinming
    • RE: Web design using which software?

      Jennifer:
      looking4Tutor:

      Flash is not easy to master. Dreamweaver helps you build your website faster.

      But why don't use Wordpress, it is free and there are many youtude tutorials.
      Many websites are using Wordpress.

      :thankyou:

      You can also explore Joomla. I prefer Joomla to Wordpress.

      posted in Technology & Gadgets
      S
      shinming
    • RE: iOS7.0

      shinming:
      The fast draining battery is due to setting. Try this. Go to General, then go to Background App refresh. Disable the apps you don;t need background refresh.

      Another area is the Notification Center. Go to Seting. Its one of the item there. Disable the irrelevant ones.

      posted in Technology & Gadgets
      S
      shinming
    • RE: iOS7.0

      The fast draining battery is due to setting. Try this. Go to General, then go to Background App refresh. Disable the apps you don;t need background refresh.

      posted in Technology & Gadgets
      S
      shinming
    • RE: [Marine Parade] Tutors/Tuition Centre/Enrichment

      KikaMum:
      Hi lsj, my DS still under her. She teaches P3 to P6.

      She has students traveling from Jurong to her class too. We r not near her as well.
      What my DS like abt her is she explains concepts very clearly. She's also able to motivate the child very well to do better.
      Before her I was at my wit's end as my DS was failing his Maths.
      Mrs Lee is a godsend and now my son is ranging at 70s jus after 6mths.
      Am definitely signing my DD with her next yr for P5!

      Good Luck!
      I was at Mrs Lee to enquire. I think she teach only English. Ok, its not really my cup of tea. The centre is open concept. Children of different level seat in a big room. Maybe about 20 of them. It appear they are randomly seated and seem to be doing different things. Mrs Lee will go around to coach the kids. This teaching model may work for some children but certainly it will not work for mine.

      posted in Academic Learning & Enrichment
      S
      shinming
    • RE: Comparing Enrichment Programme versus Private Tutor

      Pte tuition is usually not so structured. Also as an individual they have less resource to monitor the syllabus and select suitable questions for the students

      posted in Academic Learning & Enrichment
      S
      shinming
    • RE: Mavis Tutorial Centre - Discussion

      Sweetbaby456:
      tanweizhong:

      [quote=\"Ljas1370\"]Hi Chief Kiasu & All Parents,


      Have anyone heard of this tution centre before. I would like to have some feedback. Many thanks.

      My Kid was there with her sister... quite sometime ago, but I get them to quit the classes. It SIMPLY HORRIBLE.

      Turns out that my elder kid only master how to play Dai Dee (poker) in the class. The teachers just simply walk in and out constantly, while instructing them to do their own revision. While my younger kid in a different class, can't understand what the teacher is teaching. The class is simply too noisy, all the students just chit chatting while the teacher just sit at his desk.

      (How I know??? I find it too hard to believe when my kids video it down in their handphone... That shows that there is are discipline enforced in classes... and that is how I find out)

      I wasted my money and trusted the wrong person for introducing me below standard tuition center.

      Are all Mavis Tutorial centres like that?
      I also heard from a friend that its a waste of money to put in Mavis. She has enrolled her DS in Creative Writing class.
      There was no improvement even after 1 year - when she put in another centre, within 3-4mths there was improvement in his compos...[/quote]
      I think not all Mavis centres are like that. Maybe it will help us all by warning us which branch. Thank you so much.

      posted in Multi-Disciplinary
      S
      shinming
    • RE: Club 2002 Kids

      This is a week to help my DS catch up!

      posted in Clubs for parents with similar age children
      S
      shinming
    • 1
    • 2
    • 1 / 2
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy