Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. sphinx
    3. Posts
    S
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 26
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Teaching and Learning Phonics

      Hi Tamarind


      My boy has mastered the 3 letter words from the vowels list like cat, dog etc. but he does make a mistake at times in sound those 3 letter words. Now, I thought of progressing to blends. I started with ‘ch’ and ‘th’. He doesn’t seems to get it when I told him that when we combine ‘c’ and ‘h’, we get a totally different sound. He still sound it out as ‘ke’ for ‘c’ and ‘he’ for ‘h’. So I’m totally at a loss whether should I proceed on or just hand in there at the 3 letter word first and let him practice some more or did I start him off with a difficult blend?

      He is reading book 3A of peter and jane now and there are some words that he will be deem to forget. Should I proceed to 3B if he don’t remember quite a few words. I tried pasting those words and revise with him every now and then but he will still forget. How did you get your boy to remember the words?

      Can you recommend any other books he could read to practice based on your experience if he is reading 3A of Peter and Jane now?

      Sorry for the long post . Many thanks in advance.

      posted in English
      S
      sphinx
    • RE: Fun Materials, Books & Games For Phonics!

      Me too!! Becoming a fan of buds. Really enjoy reading the thread where buds is active on…don’t get me wrong…not a stalker ey!.. I really like the hands on stuffs you do with your kids and it gives me ideas on what to do with my son who can’t sit still…but similar situation to wesim, I too can’t seem to get the good stuff which you get at popular.

      posted in English
      S
      sphinx
    • RE: Weekly diary and "Zhou Ji"

      Thanks buds… Think must check out d other populars n bookstore outside my area…

      posted in English
      S
      sphinx
    • RE: Weekly diary and "Zhou Ji"

      Hi Buds

      Where did you get the days of the week stampers? How much does it cost? Thought of getting it for my boy.Thanks

      posted in English
      S
      sphinx
    • RE: Do you encourage your kid's interest in art?

      Hi Buds

      Thanks for enlightening me. You mean those laminating rolls-like a giant scotch tape is it?
      I am so gonna try the sand art and the sun catcher thingy but must find a cheaper one in case it doesn’t turn out for first timer like me.

      posted in Art & Craft
      S
      sphinx
    • RE: Do you encourage your kid's interest in art?

      Hi Buds

      I love those sand art thingy which you did with your girls. Need to ask you, when you laminate the finished product, can it go through the laminating machine?did you laminate the usual way?

      Oh ya! and I love those sun catchers too.

      Thanks.

      posted in Art & Craft
      S
      sphinx
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 3 / 3
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy