I think u mean ACS(P) and ACS(J). I am an old boy of ACS(P) and my son is currently there. Both have good principals. The new ACS(P) principal is a refreshing change from the previous disappointment. The ACS(J) principal was my form teacher in JC and she has built an impressive track record for the school.
You will never go wrong with either school…and whatever rains said about ACS boys is true…haha
Posts
-
RE: [Novena] Primary Schools
-
RE: Methodist Girls' School (Primary)
happymamee:
nope - affiliation must be with mgs primaryHello!
I am an old MGS girl, I attended MGS secondary school. (not MGS primary)
Does this mean my daughter can enter MGS primary?
(sorry in advance if this question sounds silly)
May I know if there is any after school student care in MGS primary?
If there isn't, is there an after school student care nearby that you can recommend?
Thanks!
-
RE: Methodist Girls' School (Primary)
Excellent. Also confirmed with my daughter’s teacher - she will be in one of the HA or what her teacher terms a "High Progress" class next year.
-
RE: Methodist Girls' School (Primary)
hi all
Anyone have any idea which are the High Ability (HA) and Mixed Ability (MA) classes for P3 and P4 next year? -
RE: Comparing English Enrichment Programmes
torn between sending my kids to british council or to learning lab@rochester…
-
RE: All About Bowling
going to start my kids soon at Strike Academy - 10 lessons at $398. Anyone try them before?
-
RE: Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)
3Kids2Dogs:
yup - my two kids are in MGS and ACS(P)...wanted to do the SCGS - ACS(P) connection as well before we moved.Thank you for your quick reply,Spikey.
So it's true and my husband was so confident it's all the same under ACS and that I'm worrying for nothing, blah blah... :roll: Ha!
Oh well,good to confirm this now actually or else we would have been cluelessly registering our son next year and getting rejected!
We are not Methodists and neither are we within 1km so I guess we better just register for ACJS and save ourselves the worry of going for different phases.
At least SCGS is not that far from ACJS..1 straight road down and loop back. Well cross that bridge when I get to it! Hopefully I'm not the one on driving duty..
-
RE: Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)
3Kids2Dogs:
Nope - your son cannot be registered under Phase 2A for ACS(P)..but you can try within 1 km for Phase 2B (Methodist) or 2CHi,
Hoping more experienced folks here can advise.
My 1st son goes to Pri1 in 2015 and my husband is formerly from ACS all the way through to JC.
We intend to send our son to ACS(Primary) at Barker Road and assume we will be under the alumni phase of registration.
However one of our friends just told us we can't go to Primary as my husband was from the Junior school.
Is this true? We can only register for ACSJ?
I'm really hoping not because I have a daughter next up for P1 and intend to send her to Scgs which is next door to ACS(primary) so sending both to that area will be ideal and convenient.
Anyone who knows if ex-Junior school boys (ACS Barker and then ACJC) can register their kids for acs Primary? -
RE: Methodist Girls' School (Primary)
Em:
Hi mummies, just want to check when the bukit timah area floods, is the junction at bukit timah Rd and Blackmore dr affected? Any problems fetching your daughter to and from school should flooding occur?
No flooding since I moved here (just next to that junction). Anyway, there is an alternate route to MGS via Old Holland Road that you can also use. -
RE: Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)
My son is in ACS P too. I am really concerned about the academic focus, or lack of, in the school. It appears that based on PSLE aggregate scores, the academic standards are dropping overall.
There should be more emphasis on at least maintaining a decent academic standard, discipline and values (e.g. punctuality). It certainly doesn’t help when you have a principal that does not see fit to pay a bit more attention to studies and doesn’t appear to keep time very well (based on all the parent talks, orientation that we’ve encountered him thus far).