Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. sumo22
    3. Posts
    S
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 2
    • Posts 38
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: All About Grooming & Encouraging Good Reading Habits

      My personal experience was I started reading to my son when he was about 7 months, before he starts to learn crawling & walking.


      Being "immobile", he was indirectly "forced" to read with me (too severe a word though) since he couldn’t move elsewhere. Anyway, I chose books that are very colorful & full of illustrations, and vary my reading tone so he does enjoy having me read to him. Hence, until now when he is 5 yrs old, he is usually the one who "force" me to read to him!

      posted in English
      S
      sumo22
    • RE: PCF/PAP Kindergartens

      There are now 20 PCF that are managed by NTUC as mentioned in the news below. One of them is the PCF at Blk 4 Holland Close. Anyone has any feedback or experience to share for that PCF? Is there any difference in their curriculum or teaching style? Thanks.


      http://www.asiaone.com/News/Education/Story/A1Story20090513-141008.html

      posted in Kindergartens
      S
      sumo22
    • RE: Creative O

      hi CookieCreature,


      My only concern is whether my son will be provided the foundation for P1 as the person in charge told me the children at Creative O are not given any work or home work at all - zilch. Though I like the project-based approach but I’m also concern of the total lack in academic curriculum. Has your friend enrolled his/her child there? Would you pls elaborate more on what you mean about educational point nothing to fault them?

      Anyone has kiddos at Creative O to tell us more before I decide? Thanks a ton.

      posted in Playgroups
      S
      sumo22
    • RE: Comparing Pre-school English Reading and Phonics Enrichment

      Yes, the West Coast outlet refers to Clementi West. It is still not listed on their website but you can contact the person in charge. Her name is Eva. I understand from her that they won’t be introducing K1 crush course anymore this year but they do have new classes for nursery level.

      posted in English
      S
      sumo22
    • RE: Comparing Pre-school English Reading and Phonics Enrichment

      Unfortunately, ICL cancelled their K1 crush course for West Coast which was suppose to start in May due to insufficient students. Now that ICL has to be taken off, where should I enroll my son (no ICR cos too expensive)?

      posted in English
      S
      sumo22
    • RE: Creative O

      Hi everyone,


      My K1 son is at Fairfield Methodist Church Kindergarden now & I am switching him to full day at Creative O starting Jun 09. The reason is becos I notice the standard of Fairfield has declined (after some good teachers left & existing ones don’t seem to be that motivated) & in addition, my son spend the rest of his days after school doing nothing at my in law place.

      May I get any valuable opinion if this would be right move?

      Thanks!!

      posted in Playgroups
      S
      sumo22
    • RE: Comparing Pre-school English Reading and Phonics Enrichment

      Hello parents,


      I’m pondering if I should enrol my K1 son in the I Creative Learner. They are starting a new "crash course for K1" sometime in May next mth at West Coast.

      Anyone know of this & have any comments?

      posted in English
      S
      sumo22
    • Is English or Mandarin more important?

      Hi Parents,


      My K1 son already has 2 enrichment lessons per week now (music & mental arithmatic). I had planned to enroll him in I Creative Learner (for English) but now having 2nd thots as his Mandarin is actually worse than his English. I do not want to overload him with both.

      Can I get some opinion if you feel English or Mandarin is more important based on the Singapore Education System as well as any other considerations?

      Thanks!

      posted in Chinese
      S
      sumo22
    • RE: [Bukit Merah] Primary Schools

      hi Titank,


      Mine is not a long way to go cos to sign up for PV, the deadline for those born in 2004 is Jun 09!

      Do you think you can keep me posted on your decision? Just want to have more reference points for consideration 🙂

      I visited RVPS over a Sat couple weeks ago & they had many activities going on - wushu, rollerblading & something else. Looks like a happy school. I also saw a letter from Nan Hua Pri addressed to principal of RVPS congratulating the school for the outstanding students who completed their PSLE. The students were transferred to Nan Hua for SAP from RVPS.

      I will visit Radin Mas again one of these weeks to check out if it was still as "dead" as the Sat when I went down a couple mths back.

      posted in Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
      S
      sumo22
    • 1
    • 2
    • 3
    • 4
    • 3 / 4
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy