Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. tryyourbest
    3. Posts
    T
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 34
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: HCL Education Centre - Discussion

      sky minecrafter\" post_id=\"1967061\" time=\"1584178057\" user_id=\"130531:[quote=\"sky minecrafter\" post_id=1967061 time=1584178057 user_id=130531]
      Hi, it could be repercussions from the current epidemic; which tutor is it - Ting laoshi? In any case, the centre owes you an explanation. You may want to tell the recep-lady your concerns, & ask her for suggestions/ solutions. Request to speak to the manager, or Zhu laoshi? In the meantime, you could source for alternatives (Hua Cheng?)...

      Actually, it's a bonus if the tutor/ teacher makes an effort to understand her student's weaknesses + strengths. So, I'd look out for tutors who understand local exam requirements...[/quote]
      Thank you very much sky minecrafter. The teacher who left suddenly is Hua Ping. Actually she was a good teacher. Even my son who is weak in chinese, he enjoyed her lessons. After that I really do not know who are the teachers anymore. Every week is different teacher. Even today is a different teacher. The permanent replacement teacher is supposed to be Chen laoshi but I think he only taught for 2 lessons. I will check out Hua Cheng. Thank you once again.

      posted in Chinese
      T
      tryyourbest
    • RE: 2020 PSLE Discussions and Strategies(for those born in 2008)

      Thank you very much Esteema. I will help him but I am also not strong enough in handling the comprehension portion. Some friends suggest I can try to engage private tutor who is a current school Chinese teacher. It is already Mar and 6 months to PSLE, I am not sure if anyone is willing to take up the assignment. I thought HCL is a reputable tuition centre. I am just so unlucky. šŸ˜ž

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      T
      tryyourbest
    • RE: HCL Education Centre - Discussion

      Dear parents, I just realised there is a HCL Education Centre thread and I think I post incorrectly in another 2008 Thread. I really appreciate if someone can give me some feedback/ suggestions.


      My boy is taking PSLE this year and he is weak in chinese. At the recommendation of my friends, I enrolled him at HCL Bishan.

      Literally every week, he was taught by a different relief teacher. From Jan till now, his class was taught by at least 5 to 6 different teachers and out of sudden in Feb, parents were told the permanent teacher suddenly resigned so the class was assigned another teacher. However every week, it is still different teacher.

      I am very worried because this year is PSLE and if I know this is how HCL works, I will not enrol him there. It is horrible and irresponsible management at this tuition centre. How can they treat P6 class in this manner?

      Anyone with kids at HCL and also face similar issues?

      I feel it is too late now to switch to another tuition centre but if HCL continue to assign different teacher each week, how will the teacher/ centre be able to understand my child weakness and it will not benefit him either.

      I really hope if some experts here can provide some advice. Should I engage private home tutor instead? I am really getting so nervous now. Thank you so much.

      posted in Chinese
      T
      tryyourbest
    • RE: 2020 PSLE Discussions and Strategies(for those born in 2008)

      Dear all parents, I am not sure if I am asking the right question at the right place. My boy is taking PSLE this year and he is weak in chinese. At the recommendation of my friends, I enrolled him at HCL Bishan.


      Literally every week, he was taught by a different relief teacher. From Jan till now, his class was taught by at least 5 to 6 different teachers and out of sudden in Feb, parents were told the permanent teacher suddenly resigned so the class was assigned another teacher. However every week, it is still different teacher.

      I am very worried because this year is PSLE and if I know this is how HCL works, I will not enrol him there. It is horrible and irresponsible management at this tuition centre. How can they treat P6 class in this manner?

      Anyone with kids at HCL and also face similar issues?

      I feel it is too late now to switch to another tuition centre but if HCL continue to assign different teacher each week, how will the teacher/ centre be able to understand my child weakness and it will not benefit him either.

      I really hope if some experts here can provide some advice. Should I engage private home tutor instead? I am really getting so nervous now. Thank you so much.

      posted in Primary 6 & PSLE
      T
      tryyourbest
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy