mom@senja:My husband is getting increasingly frustrated with his 6yr old for crying so easily. Hubby thinks I always jump to his rescue and worsening the situation but if I don't, my son will cry longer and then my hubby will scold him and the cycle doesn't stop. Son cries, hubby scolds. Hubby scolds, son cries. Whats this thing between father and son ? :idea:
Hi,
I think you need to see why your son cries so easily.
If it is due to over-sensitive, then I think it is fine. You can console him and tell your husband that it is your DS's character.
But if he cries because he wants to get/do something, then you should let him calm down and then talk to him.
I agree with what mrswongtuition.
I think there is a thread about kids throwing tantrums and how the parents here use 'naughty corner' or 'thinking corner' to let them calm down before talking to them.
Some of the kids cried for 45 minutes or more or even vomit.
If every time he cries (wanted to get something), and you jump to his defence or give in to him, he will think you APPROVED his crying behaviour. So, he will think it is alright for him to cry/whine whenever he wants something.
So, whenever he cries cause he wants something, you two should ignore him. ask your hubby no need to scold him too.
You need to DISAPPROVE what he is doing. He will learn and cry less.
Hope it helps.


Naah.. not nanny. I'm thinking of getting a maid.
Infant and student cares