Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. Yolo2010
    3. Posts
    Y
    Offline
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 10
    • Groups 0

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Maha Bodhi

      All primary schools will move to single session eventually. MBS is not single session yet, P1-2 still in afternoon session. The school won’t shift out of current location. They just started laying the construction foundation for the new block last school holiday. The new block will be built at the current school field besides the MPH block.[/quote]


      Thanks bunnybluey. Wont that be disruptive to the classes with ongoing construction? Any parents have views on the existing principal and team? From some previous posts seems to me that orientation for 2016 cohort was not well coordinated. How would it be possible that the school does not know in advance PSLE results announcement date clash with orientation and have alternative plan? Thanks in advance[/quote]

      The school has implemented certain measures to minimise the noise and block off the area where the new block is being built. Most primary schools have new block built within current premise without moving out anyway, so MBS is not the first or the only one that does the same. Only some primary schools shift out to temporary location but that’s probably those schools are also undergoing major reno for existing blocks at the same time, just like MBS moved out previously for the major rebuilt. Personally, I would prefer not to move out to temporary location as temporary premise is usually smaller, probably lesser facilities, & doesn’t make sense to me to move out when existing blocks are not affected.

      I’m guessing that the school probably has announced the p1 orientation date before they know about the PSLE results announcement date, & perhaps after weighing the pros & cons, the school decides to proceed with the orientation but cut it short. I personally think that it may not be that easy to reach out to 300 over parents of in-coming P1s to inform them about a change of date, not everyone has access or knows how or where to check information, mailing has a risk of some parents may not receive the mail (singpost isn’t that trustworthy!). I felt so as I was helping out at the P1 orientation that day as a parent volunteer & while waiting at gazebo for my hubby to pick me up which was at least an hour after the orientation was over, I saw a child with the parents coming in asking the security guard about p1 orientation & the guard told them it’s already over & directed them to GO. Can you imagine if there’s parents who didn’t get the timing right, wouldn’t it be more chaotic if the date was to be changed? Imagine those parents who didn’t get informed or confused or blur turning up on the original date to find out that it has been changed…

      I’ve not gone through under the previous team of school leaders cos when my boy started p1, it was already under the new P. I can’t comment if previous or current team of school leaders is better, but I know the Ps/VPs are rotated, so it’s a matter of time that there’ll be changes. So far, I don’t have major complaint.[/quote]

      Thanks again bunnybluey.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • RE: Maha Bodhi

      bunnybluey:
      Yolo2010:

      Dear parents,


      Is MBS on single session already? Do you know if there are plans to go single session and shift out of current location?
      Thanks again.

      All primary schools will move to single session eventually. MBS is not single session yet, P1-2 still in afternoon session. The school won't shift out of current location. They just started laying the construction foundation for the new block last school holiday. The new block will be built at the current school field besides the MPH block.

      Thanks bunnybluey. Wont that be disruptive to the classes with ongoing construction? Any parents have views on the existing principal and team? From some previous posts seems to me that orientation for 2016 cohort was not well coordinated. How would it be possible that the school does not know in advance PSLE results announcement date clash with orientation and have alternative plan? Thanks in advance

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • RE: Maha Bodhi

      Dear parents,


      Is MBS on single session already? Do you know if there are plans to go single session and shift out of current location?
      Thanks again.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • RE: Comparing Chinese Enrichment (Primary/Preschool)

      Blissedsher:
      not true. i think berries is sufficient for p 1 prep.. my gal is in p1 now.

      Thanks Blissedsher

      posted in Chinese
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • RE: Comparing Chinese Enrichment (Primary/Preschool)

      Hi there,


      I am new to this thread? DD currently in K2 Berries and has been with them since N2. Need views on comparison between Berries, Tien Hsia, Jiang Education and Wang Lao Shi please? I have heard that Berries may not be comprehensive for P1. Is that a valid observation? Thank you very much.

      posted in Chinese
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • RE: CHIJ (Katong) Primary

      Dear Parents,


      I am considering the school for DD P1 registration 2016. Few considerations include location and CCA.

      Would any of you know if the school has undergone renovation/expansion in the past years or plan to in near future and shift out from Martia Road?

      What are the CCA available and if the school offer ballet as a CCA?

      Thanks in advance.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • RE: Maha Bodhi

      FantasyLandDreams:
      Yolo2010:

      I am considering Maha Bodhi for my DD. Can I know if MBS offer ballet as CCA?


      No. But there is chinese dance cca.

      Thanks FantasyLandDream.

      Separately on student care, any parents here have feedback on the 2 student care centers that are opposite MBS - Bao Ta and Marine Parade MBS? Seems that the latter is 'promoted' by the school given the banner outside the school. Thanks in advance

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • RE: Maha Bodhi

      I am considering Maha Bodhi for my DD. Can I know if MBS offer ballet as CCA?

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • RE: Maha Bodhi

      Hi

      Does anyone know if MBS holds open house? I am considering MBS for my DD’s P1 registration in 2016.
      Thanks in advance for your inputs.

      posted in Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • RE: Learning Vision

      Any parents with children currently with CET Paya Lebar branch?


      Visited the centre before and saw they have computers. Is it a normal across the LV centers to have computers? I wonder how often they use. Appreciate any feedback on the teachers too.

      Thank you.

      posted in Playgroups
      Y
      Yolo2010
    • 1 / 1
      About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy