Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All about Transferring to Other Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    641 Posts 463 Posters 838.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 2
      2DMommy
      last edited by

      I had the same fear when my DS was in P2. Luckily he was the one who initiated the transfer. He likes his present school and gets along well with all his classmates, topping the class for the past two years. There’s another boy who transferred into the school the same time as my DS, wasn’t too happy and cannot get along with a particular boy, his results dropped tremendously. His parents had no choice but to transfer him back to his old school. It depends very much on your child , you need to communicate with them before you transfer them.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Reply Quote 0
      • B
        Bay
        last edited by

        Thanks to all the parents who shared their views and experience.


        I agree that Rosyth is a good school. That makes it more difficult to make a decision. Still in a dilemma but DS seemed more receptive to the idea after visiting CH several times this week.

        I did explain to him the rationale behind the move but ds will always reply that he will work hard to get into a top sec school instead. Sigh!

        1 Reply Last reply
        Reply Quote 0
        • M
          mumto2
          last edited by

          my younger dd will be in a non-affiliated primary school. we have decided to transfer her to an affiliated secondary school after her p1 mid or final yr results next yr. we are targetting at the 2 gilrs’ school at the start and end of BT.


          we have made this decision after getting my eldest psle results. if she had agreed to a transfer then, she would not have problem continuing her sec eduaction in the affiliated sec school. her score is way above the affiliation COP but below the non-affiliated COP.

          i need the safety net and given a choice, i will definitely go for the affiliated secondary school…really minimise lots of stress.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Reply Quote 0
          • A
            aqeqiq
            last edited by

            kkc_friend:
            My oh my, finally I found parents hvg same dilemma as me!! So, I am normal. 😜 me too, happy happy till now then realize parents hv already long plan the transfer since p2! my dd is in p3 this yr. Just learnt how imp affiliatn is to psle results! Got panic! Again realized too that scores like 225 to 230 plus r the neglected Gp for psle posting to gd sec Sch set me worried even more! Seriously, how wd parents know that unless they hv siblings or friends hvg kids in psle.. Suggested transfer to dd, same reaction, NO WAY! Strong resistance no matter how I persuaded. Sigh.. Guess hv to stay put...sigh.. Woes of parents. Imagine the sec Sch I am aiming at is near my place. Wout affiliation, score 247, w affiliation, score 213!!!!! Stuck...

            Hi. We are in the same boat. Your dd and mine are also in the same year - P3. Your dd is resistant, mine is my dh. When it comes to education, he is more \"relaxed\" than me. Cannot move without his agreement though so I am also stuck. Must share some scary psle realities with him then see if it will change his mind.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Reply Quote 0
            • K
              kkc_friend
              last edited by

              If I am not wrong, think the deadline for the transfer just ended, we may not be eligible to effect any transfer even if we hv made up our mind. ;s daddies r usually more relaxed than mummies. Mine doesn't care that much too. Decision all mine. But of course, any wrong move, fault also mine too. :s still thinking if only I know earlier, will do so when dd was in p1. Easier for her to accept the fact than now that she has formed strong relationships n bonds w teachers n friends. Most importantly, think it's her sense of security.. Will not force her. She has to be happy in the end. Else, results might suffer.. If your dd is ok, discuss w Hubby n get consensus. If dd also not ok, we \"suffer in silence\" when psle times come then. 😉

              1 Reply Last reply
              Reply Quote 0
              • C
                ctct61t
                last edited by

                kkc_friend:
                If I am not wrong, think the deadline for the transfer just ended, we may not be eligible to effect any transfer even if we hv made up our mind. ;s daddies r usually more relaxed than mummies. Mine doesn't care that much too. Decision all mine. But of course, any wrong move, fault also mine too. :s still thinking if only I know earlier, will do so when dd was in p1. Easier for her to accept the fact than now that she has formed strong relationships n bonds w teachers n friends. Most importantly, think it's her sense of security.. Will not force her. She has to be happy in the end. Else, results might suffer.. If your dd is ok, discuss w Hubby n get consensus. If dd also not ok, we \"suffer in silence\" when psle times come then. 😉

                Good environment is really very important for kids. It is really worth to try. Maybe next year.

                Just wondering, how we can make transfer successfully...

                1 Reply Last reply
                Reply Quote 0
                • H
                  happymom_aa
                  last edited by

                  kkc_friend:
                  If I am not wrong, think the deadline for the transfer just ended, ... ...


                  There's deadline for applying to transfer to another school?
                  Thought is to go to the school of choice and check on vacancy or to put down on waiting list?

                  Or at least this was what I did for my DS ...

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Reply Quote 0
                  • janet88J
                    janet88
                    last edited by

                    mumto2:
                    my younger dd will be in a non-affiliated primary school. we have decided to transfer her to an affiliated secondary school after her p1 mid or final yr results next yr. we are targetting at the 2 gilrs' school at the start and end of BT.


                    we have made this decision after getting my eldest psle results. if she had agreed to a transfer then, she would not have problem continuing her sec eduaction in the affiliated sec school. her score is way above the affiliation COP but below the non-affiliated COP.

                    i need the safety net and given a choice, i will definitely go for the affiliated secondary school....really minimise lots of stress.
                    That safety net is needed for a peace of mind...very scary not knowing what the exam format is. My younger child will be in an all girls' school with affiliated sec school next year (P1)....in the meantime, I am also writing in to schools with affiliated sec for my boy. The stress every year is driving me nuts.

                    Hubby just emailed to 3 schools to apply for transfer. Really hope one of the schools will accept my son...at least my stress level next year will be reduced.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Reply Quote 0
                    • janet88J
                      janet88
                      last edited by

                      kkc_friend:
                      My oh my, finally I found parents hvg same dilemma as me!! So, I am normal. 😜 me too, happy happy till now then realize parents hv already long plan the transfer since p2! my dd is in p3 this yr. Just learnt how imp affiliatn is to psle results! Got panic! Again realized too that scores like 225 to 230 plus r the neglected Gp for psle posting to gd sec Sch set me worried even more! Seriously, how wd parents know that unless they hv siblings or friends hvg kids in psle.. Suggested transfer to dd, same reaction, NO WAY! Strong resistance no matter how I persuaded. Sigh.. Guess hv to stay put...sigh.. Woes of parents. Imagine the sec Sch I am aiming at is near my place. Wout affiliation, score 247, w affiliation, score 213!!!!! Stuck...

                      No worries...you are perfectly normal 😉
                      I wanted to transfer my son to a school with sec affiliation but those schools have long wait list...but stupid me should have done so at the end of P2 when he did very well :stupid: When he moved to P3, all his results dropped 😢 and that worried me even more. Since last year, hubby has written to 2 boys' schools but to no avail...still trying.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Reply Quote 0
                      • K
                        kkc_friend
                        last edited by

                        ctct61t:
                        kkc_friend:

                        If I am not wrong, think the deadline for the transfer just ended, we may not be eligible to effect any transfer even if we hv made up our mind. ;s daddies r usually more relaxed than mummies. Mine doesn't care that much too. Decision all mine. But of course, any wrong move, fault also mine too. :s still thinking if only I know earlier, will do so when dd was in p1. Easier for her to accept the fact than now that she has formed strong relationships n bonds w teachers n friends. Most importantly, think it's her sense of security.. Will not force her. She has to be happy in the end. Else, results might suffer.. If your dd is ok, discuss w Hubby n get consensus. If dd also not ok, we \"suffer in silence\" when psle times come then. 😉


                        Good environment is really very important for kids. It is really worth to try. Maybe next year.

                        Hi, dd will be in p4 next yr... Dun think advisable to do anything then...

                        Just wondering, how we can make transfer successfully...

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 23
                        • 24
                        • 25
                        • 26
                        • 27
                        • 64
                        • 65
                        • 25 / 65
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        gupta.varun-hotmail.comG
                        gupta.varun-hotmail.com
                        Wonder-fulW
                        Wonder-ful

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.6k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Apps Shared on Our Forum

                        Maths

                        Ruiya.ai
                        math support
                        →
                        Tallytide
                        P1-P6 maths app
                        →
                        MugCorner
                        Sec 1-4 maths practice
                        →

                        English

                        tutor.agenticolab.com
                        P1-6 English portal
                        →
                        wordwizards.sg
                        English practice
                        →

                        Chinese

                        chinese.getbuzzi.com
                        P1-P6 Chinese
                        →
                        Wonder Chinese
                        P1-P6 Chinese writing
                        →
                        Xiaozhu Free trial
                        Mandarin chat buddy
                        →

                        Multiple subjects

                        Pickytic.ai
                        AI study buddy for pri and sec
                        →

                          About Us Contact Us global:forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy