Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Horizon Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    702 Posts 74 Posters 231.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L Offline
      luvmummy
      last edited by

      Hi eastshore, why do u think the teachers won’t b motivated to teach in new schs like punggol green & punggol view? Thought new schs the principals & teachers will more want to show resultsto ramp up student rates?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • E Offline
        eastshore
        last edited by

        Let’s put it this way,


        do you expect teachers being less motivated if they are teaching in popular schools ?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • phtthpP Offline
          phtthp
          last edited by

          luvmummy:
          Hi eastshore, why do u think the teachers won't b motivated to teach in new schs like punggol green & punggol view?


          Thought new schs the principals & teachers will more want to show resultsto ramp up student rates?
          New schools -
          If got dynamic Principal with strong leadership skills to push, to get things done + good team of support staff : can go far.

          But if P soft soft type, not bold to face challenges ahead, new schools can sink into oblivion, after some time

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            luvmummy
            last edited by

            That’s for sure. In popular schs like horizon/mee toh, definitely the teachers r motivated to teach. I m just thking, with such fierce competition at horizon, I got to consider alternative at the new schs. If ballot out, also must compromise at new schs. No choice now leh! I didn’t expect such high demand for horizon?!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • E Offline
              eastshore
              last edited by

              Even if principal is recognized & strong background, it’s gonna take several yeras to build up the school reputation.

              Before that time arrives, I believe many children who are K1, K2 or P1 have already graduated.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                sunset_dae
                last edited by

                In popular sch, teachers are under more pressure, to deliver more as parents expect more and school principal expect more. My son is in MTS

                and I could feel the tension/pressure, they were already start on 1B activity book in May and final exam in beginning of July!
                However, I doubt the teachers there are really motivated, but rather under pressure to rush through teaching the curriculum. Let me also
                pre-empt u lst. If you want to enrol in such popular sch, you have to really prepare your child well, make sure he/she really have a solid background, don't except teachers to teach coz teacher will expect your children TO KNOW. Many times, my son form teacher was absent. I don't know if she is on course or on MC. My son will just tell me teacher not here today, today silent reading... 2 weeks later... teacher not here again... sick... I called the form teacher thrice on different occassions, but she never returned my call.. 3rd time was a more severe case and she called me back (Son classmate's threw his glasses and lens broke).
                Some schools that I know of, their teachers are very committed, they will not hesitant to give parents their HP no so parents can contact teachers at any time. The recent Eng test, 1/4 of the class failed, form teacher said: test upon 40 marks, those above 35 marks, gd job those failed you know what you should do. My son quoted what teacher told the class, and I thought: what could the failures do? Isnt what the teacher should do to help the failures? I think parents not only should pray hard their children can get into gd sch they should also pray hard their children can get a gd and responsible teacher.



                luvmummy:
                That's for sure. In popular schs like horizon/mee toh, definitely the teachers r motivated to teach. I m just thking, with such fierce competition at horizon, I got to consider alternative at the new schs. If ballot out, also must compromise at new schs. No choice now leh! I didn't expect such high demand for horizon?!

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • K Offline
                  Kiaseemum
                  last edited by

                  That’s for sure. In popular schs like horizon/mee toh, definitely the teachers r motivated to teach. I m just thking, with such fierce competition at horizon, I got to consider alternative at the new schs. If ballot out, also must compromise at new schs. No choice now leh! I didn’t expect such high demand for horizon?!




                  What is the big deal about Horizon ps?
                  Just because it’s a new school? There are NO psle results yet right?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • L Offline
                    luvmummy
                    last edited by

                    I like your name - Kiaseemum!


                    Which sch u register?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • L Offline
                      luvmummy
                      last edited by

                      I like your name - Kiaseemum!


                      Which sch u register?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • J Offline
                        jlloke.09430gmail.09430com
                        last edited by

                        I agree with u, Kiaseemum. I hope parents are not led by herd instincts when they make a school choice. All the best to all parents registering their little ones for P1.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 55
                        • 56
                        • 57
                        • 58
                        • 59
                        • 70
                        • 71
                        • 57 / 71
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        WordWizardsW
                        WordWizards

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy