Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Birth Control Methods

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Health
    183 Posts 32 Posters 59.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      schellen
      last edited by

      Yes, it’s called Mirena. I didn’t use the name cos I thought it’d be unfamiliar.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Z Offline
        ZacK
        last edited by

        Wonder if I am opening up a can of worms or risk getting flamed sticking my finger in a thread with postings by mums only.


        I suppose that mums here have discussed and ruled out the possibility of your husbands using condoms instead? Based on what I read in relation to birth control methods for women, they seem to be pretty drastic measures that affects women physically.

        Other than going for the extreme measure of having either my wife or I going for sterilisation, I thought the trip to the convenience store to get a box of rubbers is by far the most simple and least harmful (to both mums and dads) form of birth control.

        Of cos certain choices/decision with regard to birth control methods may be made due to individual preferences... What I am saying is the choice of birth control method to use should be a joint decision by both mums and dads after having deliberated on the possibilities πŸ˜‰

        Btw I do not work for Durex or Okamoto japan, so not advocating any preferred choice πŸ˜›

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • B Offline
          buds
          last edited by

          Heyya Zack,


          Don't you worry there...
          I for one will not flame you! Heheh..
          Its nice to hear a guy's point of view.
          Usually diplomatic and un-emotional.
          Just straight-on.

          Just to share... i have been asking
          around frenz who have gone thru
          birth control methods mentioned by
          many in this thread. But i am waaaay
          to scaredy-cat to get it done myself..

          So, hey... Durex works for me.

          Buuuuut... if there was ever an accident,
          i sure kena! I suppose i'm quite fertile.
          Very regular periods.
          Physically active - i do exercise.
          Gym and swim. Plus retail therapy with gal pals...
          (Hey, thats multi tasking for you!) My good
          friend comes on the dot. Okay sometimes miss
          by few hours or a day at least. Not on any pills
          or medications.

          The disadvantage is though those french caps are
          cheap, convenient and also offer some form of
          protection (against getting another baby so soon),
          they are not the same as, bluntly put >the skin. :shock:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            buds
            last edited by

            Heyya schellen,


            I haven’t got to reading in detail abt the Mirena,
            but i will. Just wanna quickly ask - does it hurt?

            A few frenz say it hurt having the IUD inside…
            Ouch.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • Z Offline
              ZacK
              last edited by

              buds:
              Heyya Zack,


              Don't you worry there...
              I for one will not flame you! Heheh..
              Its nice to hear a guy's point of view.
              Usually diplomatic and un-emotional.
              Just straight-on.

              Just to share... i have been asking
              around frenz who have gone thru
              birth control methods mentioned by
              many in this thread. But i am waaaay
              to scaredy-cat to get it done myself..

              So, hey... Durex works for me.

              Buuuuut... if there was ever an accident,
              i sure kena! I suppose i'm quite fertile.
              Very regular periods.
              Physically active - i do exercise.
              Gym and swim. Plus retail therapy with gal pals...
              (Hey, thats multi tasking for you!) My good
              friend comes on the dot. Okay sometimes miss
              by few hours or a day at least. Not on any pills
              or medications.

              The disadvantage is though those french caps are
              cheap, convenient and also offer some form of
              protection (against getting another baby so soon),
              they are not the same as, bluntly put >the skin. :shock:
              Thanks Buds for not making me feel like an odd ball in this thread :celebrate:

              I can understand the concern that there's always a barrier in between :stupid: ... But hey it has it's benefits too, no more mess for one πŸ˜‰

              Anyway bet durex and okamoto... I would go for the latter cos they are touted to be \"next to nothing\". Anyway just a personal preference 😎

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                buds
                last edited by

                Heyya Zack,


                I'm a daddie's girl.. I talk to my dad about everything.
                Tho' many assume that i am a mummie's girl cos i am
                thee only daughter, daddie has been the girlfriend for
                me... with a guy's perspective of course. So, i tend to
                prefer the logic in my dad's advise rather than my mum's
                way of advise - endless nagging. That being said, it does
                not make me less closer to mum. But, dad has all the
                secrets, boy problems and all. So far its been awesome..

                Hence, I'm okay to discuss abt appropriate things under this
                forum, i welcome your suggestion with glee. Next to nothing
                is a seller! I am so going to japan-hunt this creation called
                Okamoto. Even the querkiest model of Durex doesn't reali
                seem to do the trick. So, we've stuck to Fetherlite by mutual
                preference for as long as i can remember. Correct me if i'm
                wrong but Durex shud be safer due to FDA testing, isn't it?

                Think i will give that a double check...



                Shucks..
                Bo liao.
                πŸ˜›

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • Z Offline
                  ZacK
                  last edited by

                  buds:
                  Heyya Zack,


                  I'm a daddie's girl.. I talk to my dad about everything.
                  Tho' many assume that i am a mummie's girl cos i am
                  thee only daughter, daddie has been the girlfriend for
                  me... with a guy's perspective of course. So, i tend to
                  prefer the logic in my dad's advise rather than my mum's
                  way of advise - endless nagging. That being said, it does
                  not make me less closer to mum. But, dad has all the
                  secrets, boy problems and all. So far its been awesome..

                  Hence, I'm okay to discuss abt appropriate things under this
                  forum, i welcome your suggestion with glee. Next to nothing
                  is a seller! I am so going to japan-hunt this creation called
                  Okamoto. Even the querkiest model of Durex doesn't reali
                  seem to do the trick. So, we've stuck to Fetherlite by mutual
                  preference for as long as i can remember. Correct me if i'm
                  wrong but Durex shud be safer due to FDA testing, isn't it?

                  Think i will give that a double check...



                  Shucks..
                  Bo liao.
                  πŸ˜›
                  Very wise of you to go to daddy for advice :?: ... Most times, crisis are best handled in a logical manner without the emotions interfering with our decisions.

                  Goodness I can save you your airfare to Japan and with that savings you probably can get carton loads of okamoto :!: They are available at Guardian Pharmacy and Watsons (i think) ... Anyway here's there sg website with their latest offering http://asp.okamoto-condoms.com.sg/

                  So far I have never doubted Japan technology and accidents have not happened yet :celebrate:

                  Hahaha just hope that our dear mod (CKS) does not decide to rate this a R21 thread πŸ˜›

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • T Offline
                    tanlengleng
                    last edited by

                    ZacK:
                    Wonder if I am opening up a can of worms or risk getting flamed sticking my finger in a thread with postings by mums only.


                    I suppose that mums here have discussed and ruled out the possibility of your husbands using condoms instead? Based on what I read in relation to birth control methods for women, they seem to be pretty drastic measures that affects women physically.

                    Other than going for the extreme measure of having either my wife or I going for sterilisation, I thought the trip to the convenience store to get a box of rubbers is by far the most simple and least harmful (to both mums and dads) form of birth control.

                    Of cos certain choices/decision with regard to birth control methods may be made due to individual preferences... What I am saying is the choice of birth control method to use should be a joint decision by both mums and dads after having deliberated on the possibilities πŸ˜‰

                    Btw I do not work for Durex or Okamoto japan, so not advocating any preferred choice πŸ˜›
                    We used Dur*x, but still concieve our #3.
                    Including us, after we asked around... There's 7 more couples using the same brands & concieved...

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • T Offline
                      tanlengleng
                      last edited by

                      ZacK:

                      Anyway bet durex and okamoto... I would go for the latter cos they are touted to be \"next to nothing\". Anyway just a personal preference 😎
                      Hubby says okamoto seems to be smaller & tighter then durex,
                      any man can advise on this?
                      He says it's uncomfortable for him...

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        tanlengleng
                        last edited by

                        schellen:
                        Yes, it's called Mirena. I didn't use the name cos I thought it'd be unfamiliar.

                        Thanks,
                        we found out that the hormones release may not be suitable for me.
                        Cause it may \"trigger cancer cells\" (if any),
                        and I am a person highly pro to getting it.

                        My grandma dies of breast cancer,
                        2 of my uncles dies of cancer,
                        my dad is a cancer patient...

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 18
                        • 19
                        • 5 / 19
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy