Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Birth Control Methods

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Health
    183 Posts 32 Posters 59.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T Offline
      tanlengleng
      last edited by

      ZacK:

      Hey Buds, thanks.... In fact I just got back not too long. I was actually out for 12 hrs today... Ended with meeting a group of friends who bought dinner for me and another friend as we're both getting a year older yet again ... :?: Anyone invented the time machine yet ??!!!

      Anyway thanks again... You certainly made my day :celebrate:
      Hey Zack,
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Z Offline
        ZacK
        last edited by

        Thanks Buds and Lengleng,


        I'm probaby at the stage where I feel like I'm counting down rather than when I was in my 20s and still wishing to count up to being older :oops:

        So there'll be no drinking, pubbing or confetti popping today.... Just something quiet and wif family šŸ˜‰

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • B Offline
          buds
          last edited by

          schellen:
          sashimi:

          Oh one other advantage of the IUS is that you only have to face the cashier once, whereas condoms... wahlao, how many times do you get a male cashier at watsons?


          sashimi forget to mention another benefit of \"buying\" IUD/IUS as opposed to condoms; not only do you only face the cashier once, this transaction is done in a place where people already know what you are there for and the cashier is also understanding and discreet. šŸ˜Ž

          Heyya schellen, i just had to dig this up.

          I was telling hubs how you're preggie &

          stuff... then i remembered... :idea: Yah!

          What happened to Mirena? 😐

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            schellen
            last edited by

            buds:
            Heyya schellen, i just had to dig this up.


            I was telling hubs how you're preggie &

            stuff... then i remembered... :idea: Yah!

            What happened to Mirena? 😐
            Don't worry. It was a planned pregnancy (like the first one). My Mirena was due to be replaced so we decided to take it out and let my cycle run once before trying. Doc even joked about how fertile I was when I got pregnant immediately after just 1 cycle. :roll: I was surprised too since for DD1, we took 6 months and were feeling rather demoralised since we read that young, healthy couples (back then lah) usually need up to 6 months or else may need to seek help. At my next visit, I'm gonna ask my doc how soon I can get it inserted again after delivery since I hate periods. šŸ˜‰

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              buds
              last edited by

              Okay, thanks schellen... cos i may seriously

              consider it... i honestly hate rubber. šŸ˜›

              I'll ask the gynae when i go for my follow up
              examination @ the hospital soon. Geez... hope
              everything will be fine. We (women) hor got so
              many woman-problem... :roll:

              Menz lah.. ( :roll: )
              Preggie lah.. ( šŸ˜‰ )
              Birthing lah.. (Ouch)
              Birth control lah.. ( :lol: )

              Almost like a lot of ailments are for women. 😢

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                Andaiz
                last edited by

                schellen:
                buds:

                Heyya schellen, i just had to dig this up.


                I was telling hubs how you're preggie &

                stuff... then i remembered... :idea: Yah!

                What happened to Mirena? 😐

                Don't worry. It was a planned pregnancy (like the first one).

                Congratulations Schellen and Sashimi! When's EDD?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  schellen
                  last edited by

                  buds:
                  Okay, thanks schellen... cos i may seriously

                  consider it... i honestly hate rubber. šŸ˜›
                  sashimi and I hated rubber from the very first day we used it. So we were very happy when we could forgo it when planning for DD1. After the delivery, my gynae asked me about birth control and he suggested IUCD before I finally settled on Mirena.

                  Don't balk at the cost. Just think of how long you can use it for and divide the cost by the no. of days/times Mirena will be useful. Remember to include the monetary and non-monetary benefits of not having periods, washing stains and buying pads for a long, long time.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    schellen
                    last edited by

                    Andaiz:
                    Congratulations Schellen and Sashimi! When's EDD?

                    Thanks! EDD is mid-Dec.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • W Offline
                      winth
                      last edited by

                      schellen:
                      buds:

                      Okay, thanks schellen... cos i may seriously

                      consider it... i honestly hate rubber. šŸ˜›

                      sashimi and I hated rubber from the very first day we used it. So we were very happy when we could forgo it when planning for DD1. After the delivery, my gynae asked me about birth control and he suggested IUCD before I finally settled on Mirena.

                      Don't balk at the cost. Just think of how long you can use it for and divide the cost by the no. of days/times Mirena will be useful. Remember to include the monetary and non-monetary benefits of not having periods, washing stains and buying pads for a long, long time.

                      DH didn't even used rubber since the first day of our marriage. That's how we got DS1 by accident :oops:. Can you imagine we practised withdrawal throughout?

                      Mirena is much cheaper considering the benefits. But I really hate the withdrawing and inserting of the thingy. I used to scream throughout the ordeal that the mummies outside the clinic could hear me loud and clear (they must have thot I was giving birth without anaesthetic). I really hated this part. It's so.... sensitive, imagine my gynae a male, got to sit on a tilted chair (except that the legs are on top, face bottom) with legs up wide facing gynae, and a huge light flashing on that part while he does the inserting of the mirena. It's a total nightmare for me.

                      But schellen, didn't your gynae told you to stay away from the act after withdrawal of the Mirena and let your womb 'rest' before getting preggy? Mine told me that I needed at least 3 months of 'rest'.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        buds
                        last edited by

                        winth:
                        DH didn't even used rubber since the first day of our marriage. That's how we got DS1 by accident :oops:. Can you imagine we practised withdrawal throughout?

                        Hubs decided on rubber only after DD1 was about a few months old.
                        We honestly thought that we'd work on raising one well enough 1st
                        before getting another... plus both of us were trying to climb the
                        corporate ladder... To top it off, i was studying as well. Wuah, never
                        use rubber but practise withdrawal? Where got shiok like that... 😐
                        It's like coming in warm and left out in the cold. šŸ˜› After one nite
                        of aaahh... to heck with rubber... pop goes the weasel, boy! :lol:
                        Never play truant with Durex. Mwahahaa! :rotflmao:
                        winth:
                        Mirena is much cheaper considering the benefits.
                        Can someone share how much the Mirena is? Thanks in advance...
                        winth:
                        But I really hate the withdrawing and inserting of the thingy. I used to scream throughout the ordeal that the mummies outside the clinic could hear me loud and clear (they must have thot I was giving birth without anaesthetic). I really hated this part. It's so.... sensitive, imagine my gynae a male, got to sit on a tilted chair (except that the legs are on top, face bottom) with legs up wide facing gynae, and a huge light flashing on that part while he does the inserting of the mirena. It's a total nightmare for me.
                        :!: WINTH!!! Wah lao, you're scaring the ghost in me leh!
                        Schellen... wud you mind give your account? I'm beginning
                        to have pre-Mirena jitters now... 😢 :scared: :faint:
                        winth:
                        But schellen, didn't your gynae told you to stay away from the act after withdrawal of the Mirena and let your womb 'rest' before getting preggy? Mine told me that I needed at least 3 months of 'rest'.


                        Wow, 3 mths is a heck of a long time not getting laid, boy.. 😐 šŸ˜›

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 18
                        • 19
                        • 7 / 19
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        LfangL
                        Lfang

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy