Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Order from Dangdang

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Chinese
    1.1k Posts 105 Posters 381.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      bicky
      last edited by

      keltong:
      tamarind:


      Other alternatives would be to order through sprees in the singaporemotherhood.com, or http://www.65daigou.com. I have never ordered from them before, not sure whether they are reliable or not.

      While waiting for my books from dangdang which is taking forever (no, it's not 8 weeks yet, so I am still waiting patiently), I saw this post from tamarind and decided to give 65daigou a try.

      2 things I want to test out.
      1. The delivery time
      2. The delivery cost

      In the end, I want to see if it is worth it. If I end us paying slightly more but a much faster delivery, I may just go with them in the future.

      Ordered this morning at 1.30am, have acknowledge receipt of my 1st fund transfer but yet to place order with dangdang. Let's see how long they take.

      šŸ™‚

      Hi keltong,

      Just like to check the following when you placed your order :

      1) Domestic shipping is free for dangdang. So, do you need to pay for this?
      2) Any idea how they charge for international shipping for books? By weight or volumetric?
      3) What if we are ordering those books on promotion, can we instruct them to order by a certain dates?

      Sorry for so many questions.

      Thanks !

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • K Offline
        keltong
        last edited by

        bicky:


        Hi keltong,

        Just like to check the following when you placed your order :

        1) Domestic shipping is free for dangdang. So, do you need to pay for this?
        2) Any idea how they charge for international shipping for books? By weight or volumetric?
        3) What if we are ordering those books on promotion, can we instruct them to order by a certain dates?

        Sorry for so many questions.

        Thanks !
        Hi Bicky,

        No problem. It's my first time ordering for them so I will share what I (think I) know.

        1. Domestic shipping is charges at RMB10 for items bought from the same store. I bought 10 books all from DangDang and was charged an extra RMB10. I think this is stated in their website when you order.

        2. They charge the larger or either volumetric or actual weight.[list]
      • Sea shipment: S$6 for first 500g, $2 for every subsequent 500g.
        Air shipment: S$8 for first 500g, $4 for every subsequent 500g.
      • [/list]There is also a additional service charge of 8% of total bill.

        3. This one I am not sure, you may want to check with them on this. FYI, it took them around 48 hours to place my order since payment is received, so that could be the gauge.

        So in the end, the shipping charge could be quote costly but good to buy those books that are out of stock in Beijing (DangDang international distribution center) but available in Shanghai (65daigou distribution center), or if you need books in a hurry. Still yet to determine how fast their delivery is.

        Another alternate source (by limited books) is http://www.sgshinekids.com
        which is based locally.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        hquek
        last edited by

        keltong:
        SAHM_TAN:

        [quote=\"smurf\"]I received an email saying that they have received the fund? So I guess my order went thru?


        Yup, now just have to wait for the email stating that they have despatched the books.

        If first order, maybe will receive a email to verify card details first before the dispatch email.[/quote]Expect that email for EVERY order. Actually I do pre-empt them by sending out the email even before I see anything from them. Information required is same old same old.

        FYI, check your DD refunds carefully. There were some orders I placed in Aug 2010, paid using credit card and later cancelled. Becos it was a different card from what I usually used, I was able to detect that they did not process my refunds. Have sent email to them and about 3 days later, got the advice that this was a system flux and they will be refunding to me soon.

        Only thing is that when I paid, exchange rate was 4.8; now it's 5.1....pocket feeling quite pain.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • W Offline
          wonderm
          last edited by

          hquek:
          keltong:

          [quote=\"SAHM_TAN\"]
          Yup, now just have to wait for the email stating that they have despatched the books.

          If first order, maybe will receive a email to verify card details first before the dispatch email.

          Expect that email for EVERY order. Actually I do pre-empt them by sending out the email even before I see anything from them. Information required is same old same old.
          [/quote]From my experience, they asked for the same verification for the first 3 of my orders. However, for the recent 4th order, I did not receive that verification email. Instead I got an email saying they have received the funds. Just received the books from that recent order. Sounds like there is no standard practice from them on this.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • S Offline
            SAHM_TAN
            last edited by

            keltong:
            SAHM_TAN:

            [quote=\"smurf\"]I received an email saying that they have received the fund? So I guess my order went thru?


            Yup, now just have to wait for the email stating that they have despatched the books.

            If first order, maybe will receive a email to verify card details first before the dispatch email.[/quote]

            Yes there is that too. I find that even in my subsequent orders, I will still rec the email to verify credit card no.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              Milo
              last edited by

              SAHM_TAN:
              keltong:

              [quote=\"SAHM_TAN\"]
              Yup, now just have to wait for the email stating that they have despatched the books.

              If first order, maybe will receive a email to verify card details first before the dispatch email.



              Yes there is that too. I find that even in my subsequent orders, I will still rec the email to verify credit card no.[/quote]I've made 4 orders, I've received emails stating that they had received my orders, payments and finally that my books had been despatched. I've not received any emails that ask me to verify my card details... :?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • dimsumD Offline
                dimsum
                last edited by

                SAHM_TAN:
                tamarind:

                SAHM_TAN, nz,

                I am happy to hear that you have received your books šŸ˜„

                I will be very disappointed with dangdang if I cannot buy books from them.

                Pls share your delivery time when you rec your books. I just want to check if my delivery time is now the norm or was it because of the bad weather that cause the delay. Thanks

                The delivery time is getting longer and longer. My latest purchase took 11-12 weeks to arrive.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • J Offline
                  jollyme
                  last edited by

                  Milo:
                  I've made 4 orders, I've received emails stating that they had received my orders, payments and finally that my books had been despatched. I've not received any emails that ask me to verify my card details... :?

                  Out of the 6 orders i've made, the first 5 asked for credit card verifications. The latest order in Feb was a breeze. No verifications needed & books was dispatched out the very next day.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • K Offline
                    keltong
                    last edited by

                    So many different variation of card verification! Haha...maybe it's random? But unlikely leh.


                    My initial thought is if it is the first time you use the card, they will do verification, and if you use the same card again, they will not need to verify again unless you use a different card.

                    I use the same for all 4 of my orders and have not had the need to verify except for the 1st time.

                    So well, maybe what I thought is not what it is judging from what everyone is experiencing.

                    šŸ˜„

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      bicky
                      last edited by

                      Thanks Keltong !

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 30
                        • 31
                        • 32
                        • 114
                        • 115
                        • 30 / 115
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy