Order from Dangdang
-
[quote]
this is my 1st order too. Surprising, i order fm book depository on 21 mar, receive my 1st book on 1 apr.
[/quote]
Book depository is sent by airmail from UK. dangdang is sent by the cheapest sea shipping from China. That is why it is so slow.
http://www.amazon.cn offers airmail which will arrive within 7 days. But airmail is RMB140 for a thin paperback book that costs RMB 9 ! Don't know why it is so expensive. -
keekee:
In that case maybe I wait a few more days before trying again
I ordered from DD using the new dbs amex card with the chip. Payment went thru' but noticed it took DD to confirm funds receipt as compared to the old card.SAHM_TAN:
DBS sent a new AMEX card with the ENV chip. I used it to order from DD. There was the screen with the successful trasaction but it's taking DD longer than usual to confirm payment. I contacted the bank and there's no such transaction, DD side also replied as no payment. If only I capture screen of successful payment. On the same day I ordered from Book depository and an sms was sent commenting this is the first transaction from the new card and to contact them if it was not made by me.
Wonder if that could be the reason, payment did not go through at DD -
haorant:
My books were sent out from dangdang the 20th of march (a whole four days after my payment went through). I am now patiently waiting for my books to arrive. I am wondering if there is anyway to track the location of the books.
When my order exceeded 8wks, DD gave me the tracking number but I was only able to see the movement while it was still \"moving\" within China, once it leaves China's soil, I could not detect any movement till it cleared Singapore's custom -
SAHM_TAN:
haorant:
My books were sent out from dangdang the 20th of march (a whole four days after my payment went through). I am now patiently waiting for my books to arrive. I am wondering if there is anyway to track the location of the books.
When my order exceeded 8wks, DD gave me the tracking number but I was only able to see the movement while it was still \"moving\" within China, once it leaves China's soil, I could not detect any movement till it cleared Singapore's custom
Oh, and the website you checked was Singapore s official post office website right? -
haorant:
[/quote]SAHM_TAN:
[quote=\"haorant\"]My books were sent out from dangdang the 20th of march (a whole four days after my payment went through). I am now patiently waiting for my books to arrive. I am wondering if there is anyway to track the location of the books.
When my order exceeded 8wks, DD gave me the tracking number but I was only able to see the movement while it was still \"moving\" within China, once it leaves China's soil, I could not detect any movement till it cleared Singapore's custom
Oh, and the website you checked was Singapore s official post office website right?[/quote
There's 2 websites that I used, the first is http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/itemStatusQuery.do?lan=0
The above only track the item while it's still in China.
I use this http://www.singpost.com/ra/ra_article_status.aspx
to check if it has cleared Singapore custom and on its way to me -
SAHM_TAN:
Hi SAHMOh, and the website you checked was Singapore s official post office website right?[/quote
There's 2 websites that I used, the first is http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/itemStatusQuery.do?lan=0
The above only track the item while it's still in China.
I use this http://www.singpost.com/ra/ra_article_status.aspx
to check if it has cleared Singapore custom and on its way to me
Thank you for sharing.
I key in the 邮寄包裹号:RR86XXXXXXXXCN and they prompt me to key in the verification code but there isn't any status provided and similar instruction request again for \"item No. and Please enter the verification code\" would appear.
I also can't find it at Singapore Post Tracking system. I even try to change the last two alphabet to SG but still can’t have any status.
Does it mean the good is already in the vessel and on the way here?
Thank you for your help. -
The verification code is right below.
I key in mine and this is given.
item No. \tYear \tStatus \tDestination Country \tLocation \tDate
RRxxxxxxxxxCN \t2011 \tdeparture from outward office of exchange \tSINGAPORE \tGUANGZHOU \t2011-03-10Brenda10:
Hi SAHMSAHM_TAN:
Oh, and the website you checked was Singapore s official post office website right?[/quote
There's 2 websites that I used, the first is http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/itemStatusQuery.do?lan=0
The above only track the item while it's still in China.
I use this http://www.singpost.com/ra/ra_article_status.aspx
to check if it has cleared Singapore custom and on its way to me
Thank you for sharing.
I key in the 邮寄包裹号:RR86XXXXXXXXCN and they prompt me to key in the verification code but there isn't any status provided and similar instruction request again for \"item No. and Please enter the verification code\" would appear.
I also can't find it at Singapore Post Tracking system. I even try to change the last two alphabet to SG but still can’t have any status.
Does it mean the good is already in the vessel and on the way here?
Thank you for your help. -
SAHM Chew:
Hi SAHM CHEW,The verification code is right below.
I key in mine and this is given.
item No. \tYear \tStatus \tDestination Country \tLocation \tDate
RRxxxxxxxxxCN \t2011 \tdeparture from outward office of exchange \tSINGAPORE \tGUANGZHOU \t2011-03-10
Is that the only line of information you see?
The other time, when I checked with Singpost on what that meant, the staff told me, it means that on that date it's at the China's custom. During my time, that was the last information I had. I could see earlier information status during my time. As my order was overdued, I checked the Singpost site everyday, http://www.singpost.com/ra/ra_article_status.aspx, till it appeared.
If there's no change to their tracking update, this could be the last information you will see for some time. Your item should be on a ship somewhere. When it's closer to the delivery due date, you could check the singpost website.
Hi Brenda10,
When was your item despatched? For my last order it took about a month, from date of despatch from warehouse, for the status \"departure from outward office of exchange\" at Guangzhou to appear. But then at that time, China was experiencing bad weather.
There's no need to change RNXXXXXXXXCN to RNXXXXXXXXXSG. When the item clears Singapore's custom, it will still use the original tracking number. -
SAHM_TAN:
Hi Brenda10,
When was your item despatched? For my last order it took about a month, from date of despatch from warehouse, for the status \"departure from outward office of exchange\" at Guangzhou to appear. But then at that time, China was experiencing bad weather.
There's no need to change RNXXXXXXXXCN to RNXXXXXXXXXSG. When the item clears Singapore's custom, it will still use the original tracking number.
Hi SAHM
The mail only stated as:
您订单 64XXXXXXXX 中的商品已于 2011-2-25 17:24:35 从当当网发出,请注意查收。
送货方式:平邮
付款方式:国外信用卡支付
快递公司:北京华成运达—国际平邮 。
Thank you -
Brenda10:
Hi SAHM
The mail only stated as:
您订单 64XXXXXXXX 中的商品已于 2011-2-25 17:24:35 从当当网发出,请注意查收。
送货方式:平邮
付款方式:国外信用卡支付
快递公司:北京华成运达—国际平邮 。
Thank you
When I used http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/itemStatusQuery.do?lan=0 , I use the item tracking option. Once you enter the RN number and the verification code and hit \"track\", you will need to scroll down the page to see the result.
If you do not see any infor, I think it's still alright because your order is not overdue. That time I kept a close watch because mine was overdued.
cheers
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login