All About Ballet
-
micollh:
Can I ask for advise..if primary school offers ballet lesson n dd has been learning outside is it good to join the school or stay put ?
I would do both to see the school ballet instructor is good. In school the class size is big. If you are only looking at letting your child follow the movements then is fine. If it's serious ballet learning, a smaller class size is more favorable. -
Hi,
I am looking for RAD Low Heel Character Shoes,
size 1…
for exam grade 1/2
If u want to let go of yours, please PM me,
price,contact, condition, and where to meet/collect…
Thanks! -
Hi, any recommendations for toddler/pre-primary ballet in the North area? Ang Mo Kio/ YCK/ Bishan/Toa Payoh, can even go to Yishun area too. Age group should be <4 yrs old, DD is now 3 yrs and 4 mths old.
I brought DD to Crestar at Thomson Plaza to try out their dancing tots class (2.5-4 yrs old) but I didn’t really like it. TIA! -
Hi Zenparent
Do you have any particular reason that u didn’t really like it at Crestar at Thomson Plaza?
You may try Toa Payoh CC. -
Hi,
Anyone here knows any centres that offer teen beginner ballet?
-
Dancepointe at Seletar Yio Chu Kang
-
How would you feel if your child dance teacher says this infront of the class, "if you want to know what is wrong dancing, just look at her!"
Personally feel the teacher is totally insensitive and insulting.
The above is only one the many insensitive remarks that she has passed and I have decide to withdraw my daughter from the center.
PS : just trying to vent my frustration here… -
Kitty:
Which ballet school is this ?How would you feel if your child dance teacher says this infront of the class, \"if you want to know what is wrong dancing, just look at her!\"
Personally feel the teacher is totally insensitive and insulting.
The above is only one the many insensitive remarks that she has passed and I have decide to withdraw my daughter from the center.
PS : just trying to vent my frustration here.... -
Kitty:
This type of ballet teacher brings disgrace to the ballet teachers' industry. Which ballet school's teacher?How would you feel if your child dance teacher says this infront of the class, \"if you want to know what is wrong dancing, just look at her!\"
Personally feel the teacher is totally insensitive and insulting.
The above is only one the many insensitive remarks that she has passed and I have decide to withdraw my daughter from the center.
PS : just trying to vent my frustration here.... -
Hi Phttp,
Sorry but I’m not comfortable to share the name of the ballet school. I can only say its a ballet school in the West.
Although the teacher is sarcastic and insensitive, I do have to give her credit for her coaching of ballet technique is good.
But I’m not willing to put my daughter under a teacher whose oblivious to a child feelings. And thrashed on her diginity.
She even told the class her hobby is SCOLDING ! Jokingly ?! I’m not sure.
Every child has different threshold for managing criticism and scoldings. And unfortunately, my gal is taking it so badly that she has cried consecutively for 3 ballet lessons.
Now I am just glad that she has finished her last lesson last week.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login