Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    In-law problems?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Relationships
    5.3k Posts 331 Posters 1.4m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      shine_fs
      last edited by

      Jennifer:

      I told my boys that I would not live with them after they marry. So they better save enough n buy a place of their own. Looking after these two monkeys is enough. I don't wish to look after their wives too :lol:
      I told my two boys the same thing :lol: But, by then the HDB or Condo will be much higher $$$$.....dunno they can afford not :?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • JenniferJ Offline
        Jennifer
        last edited by

        shine_fs:
        Jennifer:


        I told my boys that I would not live with them after they marry. So they better save enough n buy a place of their own. Looking after these two monkeys is enough. I don't wish to look after their wives too :lol:

        I told my two boys the same thing :lol: But, by then the HDB or Condo will be much higher $$$$.....dunno they can afford not :?

        We went looking at some new development recently. Really terrible- so small yet so expensive. Hubby said maybe the next generation hv to go live in M'sia.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • janet88J Offline
          janet88
          last edited by

          Jennifer,

          I told my son the same thing too…don’t expect me to look after, wash up, cook for you AND your wife. Study very hard now, or else you won’t be able to afford a HDB flat…don’t even talk about condo.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • A Offline
            auntieM
            last edited by

            I worse, tell DS don't bring gf home.. ...go XX81.

            What I actually meant was don't cohabit 'unofficially' and expect us to 'take care of things' for you.. 😛

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              auntieM:
              I worse, tell DS don't bring gf home.. ...go XX81.

              What I actually meant was don't cohabit 'unofficially' and expect us to 'take care of things' for you.. 😛
              auntieM,
              I dare not think of the cohabit issue...as parents, we have to teach them correct values from young, and reinforce as they grow. Have self respect for themselves as well as gf/bf. I will tell my son, 'Boy, pls work very hard to buy own flat. I don't want to wash up after you and your wife.'

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • L Offline
                LOLMum
                last edited by

                guess that’s what some mils are doing now. they prefer to live on their own and not look after the grandchildren all the time. i can understiand because they have done their fair share of looking after chidren and it is time for them to enjoy life even if they are not doing anything.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • A Offline
                  auntieM
                  last edited by

                  janet_lee88:
                  auntieM:

                  I worse, tell DS don't bring gf home.. ...go XX81.

                  What I actually meant was don't cohabit 'unofficially' and expect us to 'take care of things' for you.. 😛

                  auntieM,
                  I dare not think of the cohabit issue...as parents, we have to teach them correct values from young, and reinforce as they grow. Have self respect for themselves as well as gf/bf. I will tell my son, 'Boy, pls work very hard to buy own flat. I don't want to wash up after you and your wife.'

                  We do our part and try to teach them correct values.. ..hope they will learn to do things the right way.. 😉

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mummy of 2
                    last edited by

                    Had some unhappiness with MIL becos of a lie that SIL told. Very upset with SIL and MIL :pokeeye: :x


                    Don't want to go into details here in case SIL or someone who knows her read about this. But really can't understand why some people are so immature. Can't talk to DH direct, must go and complain to MIL, make her angry with us, and make everyone upset, and over something UNTRUE.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • T Offline
                      tree nymph
                      last edited by

                      mummy of 2:
                      Had some unhappiness with MIL becos of a lie that SIL told. Very upset with SIL and MIL :pokeeye: :x


                      Don't want to go into details here in case SIL or someone who knows her read about this. But really can't understand why some people are so immature. Can't talk to DH direct, must go and complain to MIL, make her angry with us, and make everyone upset, and over something UNTRUE.
                      hmmm, my favourite subject.

                      truth will be out. don't get too upset about it. even if she had told the truth, she is still your MIL own flesh and blood. so, cool it and don't worry about it ok?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • A Offline
                        auntieM
                        last edited by

                        Imagine me have to deal with 2 PRC SILs.. ...the amount of lies and untruth I have to deal with.. 😛

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 126
                        • 127
                        • 128
                        • 129
                        • 130
                        • 528
                        • 529
                        • 128 / 529
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        aiden_chA
                        aiden_ch

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy