Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    In-law problems?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Relationships
    5.3k Posts 331 Posters 1.4m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      buds
      last edited by

      Thanks, Sun_2010. You know... you say all the right words... all the time. :hugs: Almost like you know 'exactly' what i am going thru be it physically or emotionally. Those words you speak are most comforting to me... more than you know.


      Yeh, we all know carrying all that baggage everywhere ain't doing good for no one but moving forward is easier if the person does not persist in being irritating and beyond annoying at every other chance they get. :roll:

      Heck, it is indeed a tad late but hey, i won't go back in time to scratch... i'll just start sharpening em' claws already, you know... in case, an appearance is forced upon. It won't be pretty, that i'm very sure.

      I have also exhausted the good words in my vocabulary. 😞

      Sigh... some ppl can be so mean. If i feign ignorance, she would get to me via my kids. Or worse, instigate hubs, or refer it directly but somehow meaning it for someone else. I am quite done already with relatives giving me a look, a pat they think i needed :roll:, a sneer, a \"every\" other look in between..

      The only time i get to rant and not even that loudly is here. They go round telling the world what a bitch i am when i am not. I never was. 😞

      But maybe in time to come who knows...

      I might...

      By then, it ain't my fault hor. 🤷

      A person only has so much..........
      patience. 😞

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        buds
        last edited by

        Sun_2010:
        For you buds - the one with the bear - about holding grudges ...

        you dont wanna give them that pleasure do you :evil:
        http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33976&start=560
        Unfortunately it ain't a grudge no more Sun_2010, it had escalated into hatred over the years. She gets to me in no other way anyone can. Ya, that powerful. Especially her.

        Should come in less into this thread. Bad for my heart. Then can't go to heaven. :imanangel:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • D Offline
          Desserts
          last edited by

          Same! Mil gate crashed a few times and I told dh that I don't really like it. Dh told mil not to do that and please have the courtesy to call first. Mil was so upset that she called me and scolded me upside down why can't she come as and when she liked! I thought I was being nasty ànd so gave into her fancies. I was stupid enough, her visits got more frequent until I exploded into another episode of sob sob drama again.


          Last time, she asked for our house keys and soul come into our house to spot check our cleanliness. Aft we shifted to our new place, we cooked up excuses not to give her a set of keys. 😉

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • P Offline
            popireis
            last edited by

            I wonder if it’s their hobby to gate-crash?


            My r/s w MIL has improved over the years but once last year, she brought SIL (BIL’s wife), SIL daughter (DS cousin) and SIL’s friend to my place without calling/SMS too.

            DS happened to be having tuition at the time she came. I was so embarrassed and so was the tutor that she hurriedly went off and promised to make up the time on another day. Partly was also DS was distracted and could not focus on the lesson anymore.

            I felt it was insensitive and inconsiderate of them, especially as it interrupted DS tuition… haiz.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              sleepy
              last edited by

              KSmom8:
              Was wondering .... Are MILs nice because their DIL is fierce?


              My mum said I should have got out of bed, fill the pail with water and drag it to the living room, and start mopping the floor in front of her, FIL and DH, in my pregnant state. I was like :scared: :yikes: then, but my mum said, wasn't that what MIL expected of me, to specifically make an effort to speak personally to me about it? After that \"suggestion\" from my mum, I never mention any inappropriate and tactless comments from MIL to my mum. Afraid she will \"scold\" ( or do something ) when she meets MIL.
              :yikes:
              Ask your hub to mop in MIL's presence :evil:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • K Offline
                KSmom8
                last edited by

                sleepy:
                KSmom8:

                Was wondering .... Are MILs nice because their DIL is fierce?


                My mum said I should have got out of bed, fill the pail with water and drag it to the living room, and start mopping the floor in front of her, FIL and DH, in my pregnant state. I was like :scared: :yikes: then, but my mum said, wasn't that what MIL expected of me, to specifically make an effort to speak personally to me about it? After that \"suggestion\" from my mum, I never mention any inappropriate and tactless comments from MIL to my mum. Afraid she will \"scold\" ( or do something ) when she meets MIL.

                :yikes:
                Ask your hub to mop in MIL's presence :evil:

                DH doesn't do household chores, only wash dishes ( and that's only when I force him ) ... Spoiled by MIL. We had a part time maid, so floor was perhaps not spotless but definitely not sticky.

                Asking DH to mop ( if he agreed to do in first place) would not be as effective... Imagine if I had dragged the pail and mopped - in my pregnant state plus was advised by gynae to have bed rest state - in front of FIL and DH ( who were unaware of MIL's private conversation with me ). FIL and DH will be like :? Then I would just have to mention what MIL said. Can you imagine what they'd be thinking of MIL? Hopefully will see her true colors...

                That's why I think my mum was probably a fierce DIL... Maybe that's why she said my paternal grandma was the nicest MIL.

                Sometimes, I wonder if I had insisted on having things my way, wasn't so compromising, showed more \"color\" to MIL, would she have been a nicer MIL? Should have known when we were getting married... MIL insisted on having dinner at a restaurant, no hotels. I actually agreed without any questions...foolish me.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • L Offline
                  longmao.029846irene
                  last edited by

                  straffan23:
                  buds:

                  Dearest straffan23, only someone who has gone through the same scenario as you are will understand what you are going through. We do not know the full picture of your family's state of affairs but just know this... that i can empathize with what you are going through. :hugs: It's :siao: really... 5 times a day. :roll:


                  As for your doubts in the other thread on \"Moving in with MIL?\"... I think you know the answer to that already without anyone re-affirming it for you.

                  Thanks, buds.... We were past that point trying to make her understand that it is not nice to anyhow drop in - she insists that since we're not thieves and neither is she so one should not be scared no matter who opens the door and/or what time!! And of course, when SIL wants to come or relatives wants to come she automatically brings them over - unlocks the door herself and everyone, give tour around the flat, blah blah...

                  As for moving in... I know it won't work out - what remains is for my DH to see it that way - sigh... Things that disturbs me doesn't disturb him! E.g. my MIL could come when DH is taking a nap, goes around the flat looking for DH... when finally find him sleeping in the study she would sit next to the sofa bed and start talking to him. Or just sit there read newspaper waiting for him to wake up! Things like that irks me to no end. :slapshead: :slapshead:

                  Wahaha i hv d exact sane scenio! Wen I just gvn birth to DD while breastfeeding in d bedroom my ILs will open door themselves, marched into my bedroom n \"stared\" into my BREAST! Tho MIL was d one in d bedroom \"staring\", ny bedroom door is wide open wif my FIL sitting in d LV room looking into d bedroom. You guys may termed it as concern, bt during my confidment mth wif all my hormones haywired, I am damnnnn pissed!

                  Another espiode was wen we moved to a new place, hubi gvn them out set if keys ( wh i dun object) bt d last straw was web MIL bought her frenz over for a free tour without US d owner ard!!! Can u imagine how shock i am wen i open d door to see SO MANY STRANGERS in d hse!!!!! Even tho is titally empty... I dun feel good!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • janet88J Offline
                    janet88
                    last edited by

                    I will never forget how FIL supported his leg on my dressing table...mind you, that is my master bedroom. That dressing table was a gift from mum. i was boiling mad. Told hubby to see for himself...hubby told his father to sit in the living room. His mother asked for keys to my house...she herself said her friends want to see what Singapore flats are like :mad: told hubby, NO WAY.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • I Offline
                      Imami
                      last edited by

                      janet_lee88:
                      His mother asked for keys to my house...she herself said her friends want to see what Singapore flats are like :mad: told hubby, NO WAY.

                      Your mil also live in a flat right? Then cant her friends view her own flat?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • K Offline
                        KSmom8
                        last edited by

                        My MIL called to inform me her SIL ( whom I never met ) already on way and coming to my place. Couldn’t say I was going out cos was pregnant and on bed rest.


                        Opened door to a stranger, showed her around, had to entertain her ALONE. I think she stayed for an hour, though it seemed like more. Never saw her again.

                        Very weird. And all so that MIL could show off MY place to her SIL.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 508
                        • 509
                        • 510
                        • 511
                        • 512
                        • 528
                        • 529
                        • 510 / 529
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy