Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Growing apart

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Relationships
    98 Posts 24 Posters 37.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • B Offline
      BeContented
      last edited by

      Jennifer:

      I am not a clingy wife, quite independent in working around the hse and the children. Since babyhood, toddlerhood and even now, my boys will only look for me when they need sth. I am like what cwc said \"ba-ke-liao\" type. My late granny taught me this : do not think of depending on others if you can do it yourself.
      Hi Jennifer,
      I am not clingy and quite bo-chap actually....as long as he's not pubbing/drinking etc, I'm fine doing my own stuff. But too much ALONE time made me feel lonely 😢 Since we are in a marriage, I want to age together & have things to talk about..... as sooner or later, the kids will setup own nest. There was a period when both my DH and myself would just do our own stuff & we both took it for granted. It took me a while before I voiced out & only then, DH realised and started responding & made some effort...it helped. Per what 3Boys said, need to put to action and sometimes if DH too blur to sense :stupid:, TELL HIM.

      I ever heard this song and I like the lyrics.....something like this....
      我能想到最浪漫的事, 就是和你一起慢慢变老 .....

      我能想到最浪漫的事,就是和你坐在摇椅慢慢聊 ...

      老到哪儿也去不了, 我还依然是你手心里的宝

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • JenniferJ Offline
        Jennifer
        last edited by

        cwc:
        There was a period when both my DH and myself would just do our own stuff & we both took it for granted. It took me a while before I voiced out & only then, DH realised and started responding & made some effort...it helped. Per what 3Boys said, need to put to action and sometimes if DH too blur to sense :stupid:, TELL HIM.


        I ever heard this song and I like the lyrics.....something like this....
        我能想到最浪漫的事, 就是和你一起慢慢变老 .....

        我能想到最浪漫的事,就是和你坐在摇椅慢慢聊 ...

        老到哪儿也去不了, 我还依然是你手心里的宝
        Really appreciate 3boys and your sharing. Yes, sth needs to be done before things get out of hand.

        Other than this grouse, he is basically a good husband and father.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • JenniferJ Offline
          Jennifer
          last edited by

          Had a talk with hubby ytd. Hopefully, we "improve".

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            BeContented
            last edited by

            Jennifer:
            Had a talk with hubby ytd. Hopefully, we \"improve\".

            Hope things are getting better .......:love:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • JenniferJ Offline
              Jennifer
              last edited by

              cwc:
              Jennifer:

              Had a talk with hubby ytd. Hopefully, we \"improve\".


              Hope things are getting better .......:love:

              :thankyou: he's still working hard, but talk to me more often these days.

              U take care too.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                Mum1113
                last edited by

                Did not know can connect with pple here....like late night supper , late night NTUC shopping, rounder me x 4 ..


                One thing about mine who likes to chat chat but only at night.....I tell myself must endure and tahan the late owl nights and sacrifice my sleepy eyes...

                Takes 2 hands to clap and in order to clap louder , then both must work harder and in the same direction. Don't give up 🙂

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • FunzF Offline
                  Funz
                  last edited by

                  Jennifer:
                  cwc:

                  [quote=\"Jennifer\"]Had a talk with hubby ytd. Hopefully, we \"improve\".


                  Hope things are getting better .......:love:

                  :thankyou: he's still working hard, but talk to me more often these days.

                  U take care too.[/quote]If he is making the effort. Remember to acknowledge the efforts that he has made.

                  That was one issue that DH and I had. When DH started making effort to improve things between us, I did not acknowledge his efforts and that became another issue as he felt unappreciated.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • JenniferJ Offline
                    Jennifer
                    last edited by

                    Funz:
                    If he is making the effort. Remember to acknowledge the efforts that he has made.
                    Appreciate the reminder. I hugged him last night before I dozed off :imanangel:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Q Offline
                      QuiteKSMum
                      last edited by

                      Yes, reading this thread also makes me pay more attention to DH, rather than concentrating on DS all the time ... timely reminder as hubby will be one we grow old with... :celebrate:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • 3 Offline
                        3Boys
                        last edited by

                        Jennifer:
                        Funz:

                        If he is making the effort. Remember to acknowledge the efforts that he has made.

                        Appreciate the reminder. I hugged him last night before I dozed off :imanangel:

                        Nice! Men really do appreciate these gestures.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 4 / 10
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy